The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#136864 - 01/05/08 11:45 PM WillDr, will release mom from assisted Living
PretiP Offline

Hello, my mom called her family doctor from her assisted living, she thinks that she is going to get her and my dad out of the home they are in. I don’t think they will, but what if they were to do it. I am terrified, everyone says home is not safe for them, and I agree, would just be a matter of days hours before something would happen. How do we get them to understand that? Also how can I quite thinking about this?? I am driving myself NUTS can not stop thinking about them, I have a very high dress job as well, feel like I am close to melt down. My sister is battling cancer. I know I am not alone, but it is really getting to me. Not sure if I am doing all the right things, with parents. Most of all cannot stop thinking about things!!! Just want to turn my mind off for a week. Thanks for listening.
Patty

#136865 - 01/06/08 12:59 AM Re: WillDr, will release mom from assisted Living [Re: PretiP]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
PretiP, first off, welcome to this compassionate site. I'm sure many others will jump in with their comments as well.
Maybe you need to also speak to their doctor and explain your fears to him, telling him that if he releases them and something happens you will hold him personally responsible. As for you constant thinking of this problem, understand that no matter how much you worry and fret, what is destined to happen will happen, only the good Lord knows whats in store for any of us, so relax, its in his capable hands.
I would suggest if you and I were closer that you accompany me to see THE BUCKET movie with Jack Nickolson and Morgan Freeman. It will make you laugh and forget everything, at least for a little while. Remember you have to take care of you too or you will be no use to anyone.
HUGS, now go see the movie...

Edited by chatty lady (01/06/08 01:02 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#136866 - 01/06/08 01:03 AM Re: WillDr, will release mom from assisted Living [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
PretiP, I am sorry for what you are going through, and I can relate. You have a lot going on. How treatable is your sister's cancer? Do your parents understand that she has cancer? In what ways is the house not safe for your parents? You feel very responsible. As for anxious thoughts, I take Xanax at night.

#136867 - 01/06/08 04:06 PM Re: WillDr, will release mom from assisted Living [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I did not mean to sound flip about the xanax. I know how disruptive constant worry can be. The advice is usually to meditate or visualize or take a walk or play a game. That all probably works, but for me, when I can't sleep at night due to worrying about a particular subject I need to medicate. PL

#136868 - 01/08/08 02:14 AM Re: WillDr, will release mom from assisted Living [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You might want to visit www.nabbw.com and read some of our elder care articles. I thnk they will help you relax a little.

Hopefully, the doctor knows better than to release them. Also, can you talk to the doctor and share your fears?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved