The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#136853 - 01/11/08 10:21 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Now, now LJ...I haven't shot a Yankee in a couple years. No joke. Whatttt? Well heck, anybody that doesn't know a coke is a Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, whatever, deserves to be shot. But don't be generalizing. Some of us rebels even have indoor plumbing.

#136854 - 01/11/08 10:53 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
YOU DO??? I didn't know anyone down there didn't have a cool outhouse! Of course, way up here our men all wear plaid shirts and head for the woods every morning...lumberjacks....all of 'em. We still haul water. But I'm still afraid when I visit the south....not Florida....the DEEEEP south like Alabama and Mississippi. I try to "talk southern" so they don't know....it never works though......they can smell a Yankee a mile away.

#136855 - 01/11/08 11:15 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

Just got THE call from hubby....he's on his way home late...he has TWO helicopters. Lord have mercy.

#136856 - 01/11/08 11:17 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

JJ, you use the term "Coke" for all colas?????? hmmmm....

#136857 - 01/11/08 11:35 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Girl, you have me laughing doubled over. Check your map...Florida goes a bit deeper than AL and MS. LOL!

#136858 - 01/12/08 01:25 AM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I understand, I've a grandfather that goes back to the queen of England. Blue blood there, but French.
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#136859 - 01/12/08 01:42 AM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Oh, DON'T beat him! You simply MUST report the outcome of this adventure! That man has his copters and he's ready to ROCK! Whoa, I'd hate to be in your shoes right now, Lady Jane. Come to think of it, take OFF your shoes and get comfy, it's gonna be a LONG night of being shot down over and over again! You can do this, I think?! Yes! What a good time he's going to have and he owes you, girl!
dancer9

#136860 - 01/12/08 04:11 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

Now, JJ...you and I both know that Florida isn't really representative of "the real south"...it's full of transplants and snowbirds! Up here, the DEEP south is truly where you are! Now, as to the helicopters...hubby actually was pretty good about it. We charged them up and then tried flying....we soon learned that it takes time to get the feel of the controller because we just kept crashing them. Hubby read the whole instructions and actually got pretty good at it. Then he put them away!!!! Wow. Surprised me! Andy the cat was the only one who was totally fascinated with them. I think my husband had had a very long day, was tired and VERY hungry and more interested in what was for dinner. But he's a happy man with his new toys. I'm sure I'll be having more adventures soon!

#136861 - 01/12/08 05:48 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Lady Jane,
I had SO hoped that you would have a real popcorn battle to tell us about! Did he put his new helicopters away gently as to not hurt them? I hope so! Hopefully you will both get good at flying them and an war can ensue! What a tremendous time for you, right? ( I mean a time to ask for that new frock!)

dancer

#136862 - 01/13/08 01:14 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

Hmmm....last night we went to dinner at our friends home (lucky dogs are RVing to Florida for the next 4 months)...of course, hubby took his new helicopters. They have much higher ceilings than us and the guys had a total blast. They're both Vietnam vets and were helicopter boys there. They were shooting each other down and back in the military for a while there. Hubby's helicopter started spinning uncontrollably finally and he couldn't get it to change. Hubby and the other guy got very sad as they examined it. Now he has to take it back and he's decided to get larger ones.....hehehehe. And the other guy is SO taken he's headed out to buy his own this week....can you imagine flying these in an RV? The other wife looked at me with the same look I had at first....

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved