The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#136631 - 01/04/08 01:12 PM Tired Dawg
Anonymous
Unregistered

An old, tired-looking dog wandered into the yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home.

He followed me into the house, down the hall, and fell asleep in a corner.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, resumed his position in the hall, and slept for an hour. This continued for several weeks.

Curious, I pinned a note to his collar:
"Every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap."

The next day he arrived with a different note pinned to his collar:

"He lives in a home with ten children -- he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?"

#136632 - 01/04/08 01:18 PM Re: Tired Dawg [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
love it!

#136633 - 01/04/08 05:27 PM Re: Tired Dawg [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
LOL. Thanks, Mustang

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#136634 - 01/04/08 06:08 PM Re: Tired Dawg [Re: Anno]
Mountain Ash Offline

True story Mustang.
The farmer got a new working dog.Old Candy and the new one had a fight .We all heard it.Sunday afternoon .Candy was OUT. she stayed with a neighbour but followed me home whenI met my little son from school.She waited until her new man came home from work. she heard his motor bike and went on her way.We made a lot of the old dog.She stayed longer.We took her to the hills down to the sand and shore but she lived between me and the neighbour.Last thing was that she lay for several days at the end of her life with my neighbour.Tired outWe had between us kept her for five years. BUT she was seen walking up the village to my door.
She died that night but not without one last visit.She was 17 smelly and fat...I loved her.
Mountain ash.

#136635 - 01/05/08 03:39 AM Re: Tired Dawg [Re: Mountain Ash]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mountain Ash, lovely story! I find it amazing how animals choose us, rather than we choose them!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved