The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#136601 - 01/04/08 03:31 AM Dishonest Police
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ladies, have any of you had an encounter(s) with dishonest police or those in authority? If so, what (if any) remedy or recourse did you partake?

#136602 - 01/04/08 11:24 AM Re: Dishonest Police [Re: ]
Mountain Ash Offline

I did.And I did nothing.
I have a common surname for Scotland.
Near was a roofing firm who had a name co joined with mine.The worker who lived there had a different name.I did not know who he worked for.
An envelope arrived..My surname and address.In it was £30 and a scribbled noe.Just saying "Thanks " and a name.
I pondered and could not think if anyone owed me.After a day I took it to the police station.I received a receipt.
Months later I saw a van with the co joined name outside the neighbours house.I spoke to the man and told him the story.It just seemed to be clear to me that it could be his.The name signed (a nick name) was one he had been involved with.
I then went to the police and told the clerk the story.Inserted in the book was £20. I did receive this and passed it on.The neighbour saw I had handed the whole ammount and seemed to think it funny I trusted the police.
It may seem trivial.The ammount of money involved.Not to me.
It wasn't mine..and I did what was right to me.
Much later I had a senior inspector in my company at a function.I told him the story..he said he would look into it. I told him hat this act taught me a lot.That there were some people even in authority who would take what was not theirs.
Small story compared to what other have knowledge of.But who would be a thief for £10.and who would believe a policeman would do so.
Mountain ash

#136603 - 01/04/08 12:10 PM Re: Dishonest Police [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Mine involve people I knew in authority. One had a bright future and a long line of ancestors as police. His dad and uncle were so proud of his successful graduation from the police academy. He married and had two small children. He worked several years and received several awards....looked like he was a winner. Well, it turns out that he was selling drugs from his cruiser and entertaining prostitutes there also. It was a scandal and horribly embarrassed his wonderful family, sadly. He was dismissed in shame. The second one, I am ashamed to say, involved me. I was young and very foolish. I literally ran away with a policeman who disappeared from the job to go with me...no notice, no word to anyone. We were gone (to Colorado) for almost a year before I found out he was married and had a son in Tennessee (who he had run from) and I flew home to my parents, hanging my head in absolute shame and horror. Thank God I can say that happened 32 years ago now and amazingly, have forgiven myself for such a deed!

#136604 - 01/04/08 07:56 PM Re: Dishonest Police [Re: ladyjane]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I lived in Chicago in the 1960's during the reign of King Daly, where corruption was looked upon as a high art form. Politicians, policemen, you name it.

I was 18, my friend was 17, we were just walking through an urban shopping area (Old Town) when a police cruiser stopped. A policeman opened the car door and said, "Would you girls like a ride?"

My friend and I yelled "No Thanks!" and darted into the nearest store. Everyone knew what happened to girls who took rides in a police car.

Poet and essayist

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved