The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#136227 - 01/02/08 02:53 AM Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
2008 Contest: Most Valuable Life Lesson

The National Association of Baby Boomer Women, www.nabbw.com and www.BoomerWomenSpeak.com are excited to sponsor the NABBW 2008 Contest, Most Valuable Life Lesson. Win $100.00 cash and FREE Membership or Membership Renewal with the NABBW!

Most Valuable Life Lesson

With age comes wisdom. What wise lesson have you learned that has been life changing? We are interested in publishing a list of The Top Ten Most Valuable Life Lessons.

Please tell us what lesson you've learned that has changed your life and may help change another's life. It's that simple. Name the lesson and share how you learned it within 100 words or less.

All boomer-age (born 1946-1964) women are invited to submit their most valuable life lesson learned to Dotsie Bregel, Founder of the National Association of Baby Boomer Women, www.nabbw.com and www.boomerwomenspeak.com, the number one sites for "baby boomer women" on major search engines.

If your lesson is chosen, you win $100.00 in cash and a membership or renewal to the NABBW for F-R-E-E. There will be one winner. Your name, email and Web address will also be included with future publications of the list.

Simply follow these Guidelines.

1.) Submit your entry in a Word document with your name, email address, short bio, and Web address within the Word document. Give the lesson a title and share how you learned the lesson in less than 100 words.

2) In the subject line of your email put "MIDLIFE" and submit your entry to contest@nabbw.com.

3) Deadline is January 30, 2008.

#136228 - 01/02/08 06:16 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
Great contest!!!

#136229 - 01/03/08 09:47 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: 49erDonna]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hows come we other women are left out of the contests? We may be past the boomer age but were boomers and have much to offer...Just cutious.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#136230 - 01/03/08 07:32 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh my, sorry that means you aren't included. but since it's a list for boomer women, the entrants must be boomers. So sorry chatty.

#136231 - 01/04/08 11:24 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well phooey, and all this time posting away, I thought I too was a boomer, at least in spirit... DRAT!!!

Edited by chatty lady (01/04/08 11:24 AM)

#136232 - 01/04/08 01:17 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie,

Great contest, Dotsie. Wish I could enter. Seems like life is always throwing a lesson my way. Could it be that hard head of mine?

I had someone call me at home last night telling me about their life lesson and asking particulars about the contest. I think you're going to get some interesting stories!

I'll tell one life lesson of mine since I'm not eligible. One time I worked for this graphics department. My boss was a great guy and much older than I was. His name was Sam. Sam was full of good old fashion, Mark Twain kind of wisdom. I learned a lot from him.

One time I was feeling particularly puffed up about myself and my abilities and felt I was due a raise. I asked Sam for one. Being young and inexperienced (I was about 20), I almost demanded the raise. Duh? Instead of telling Sam the reasons I needed/wanted the raise, I began telling him how important I was and almost giving him an ultimatum. Duh? (a legend in my own mind!)

Sam just grinned and said, Georgia, I want you to get a bucket and fill it with water. Then I want you to put your hand in the bucket and pull it out. The hole left will be how valuable you are to this mighty corporation. Value to this company doesn't come from talk. It comes from action. Show me. And when you do, you'll get the biggest raise I can give.

I did....and he did. God luv him. One of the best supervisors I have ever had. He cared so much for his employees and I watched him over the years give up a percentage of his own raise so that the company would disperse the tiny percentages THEY gave to others. What a man!

But the lesson was that anyone can be replaced. Don't ever think you can't. Especially in corporations.

To me, it isn't so important whether or not you can be replaced as it is how much of a hole is left by you in others hearts and minds when you do depart.

That old saying, people may not remember your name, but they will always remember how you made them feel, now THAT, that is a lesson I carry with me every day.

#136233 - 01/04/08 01:56 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
According to Google, boomers were born from 1945 to 1965.
Some just missed that by very little. The greatest lesson I learnt over the years was to stand against life's storms on my knees and to be suspicious of pats on the back and phony smiles. I realized God was the only friend I had that wouldn't change or betray me; He's the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

#136234 - 01/04/08 09:33 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

The submissions are rolling it. I think this is going to be a good one!

#136235 - 01/04/08 11:32 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Remembere the poetry book some of us were in caslled COSMIC BROWNIES, about life experiences. I still take that out and read it occasionally, some awesome lessons there too. MY problem is that my heart and my mind is in that boomer range but my body (birthday) is not...Guess I'll have to quit fibbing, stop saying, "who me, I'm just fifty!!!"

Edited by chatty lady (01/04/08 11:33 PM)

#136236 - 01/05/08 03:16 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

It is your birthday Chatty?

#136237 - 01/05/08 08:37 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Chatty, your spunk makes you alot younger than many young people I know.

Dotsie...I dare make a suggestion. How about having just a writing contest for everyone in your site and forum, without the boomer age limit. I think it's a shame not to include someone like Chatty, who is such a vital part of this forum. Hope I haven't stepped over my grounds, but I just had to let it out.

#136238 - 01/05/08 09:27 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thanks Hannelore you're a doll, but there is plenty of time for other contests sometime, ones we can all be a part of, maybe??

Dee, No hon my birthday is the end of June...I'm a Cancer

Edited by chatty lady (01/05/08 09:28 AM)

#136239 - 01/05/08 04:15 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

I remember going to a dancing class run by the Cooperative Education Society.It taught Scottish Country Dance.The kind with men in kilts and ladies inwhite with rartan sash over their shoulder.I had looked forward to it dor a long time.
Alas..it was for age eight upwards and I was only seven and a half.I had to wait until the October after my birthday in May.I was devestated.
In the fifties and sixties the hobby was big here.Each week a TV programe showed the best dancers .So at weddings we all did our steps.
I did attend for years...did well and learned the importance of team work.
But that night I was turned about for being ....too young...hurt.
Mountain ash

#136240 - 01/06/08 12:47 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Hannelore, great idea. I will. And it breaks my heart knowing chatty can't submit. Sorry chats!

#136241 - 01/06/08 01:33 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
chatty lady Offline
Writer

No problem Dotsie, I was one of the winners in JJ's contest, what a thrill that was. I guess I need to start paying more attention to my real age. Yuk phooey!!!

#136242 - 01/06/08 07:24 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Hannelore, Dotsie does have writing contest on a monthly basis...all last year and the year before that. They are posted on the Boomer Women Speak homepage in the important announcement seciton. Chatty entered some of those. I'm not sure what you are referring to with your suggestion. But then again, I can be soooo blonde sometimes. LOL!

This particular contest is sponsored by the association which is an assocation for BABY BOOMERS...hence, the people entering are requested to be of boomer age. Does that help?

#136243 - 01/06/08 07:58 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Oh...didn't know that JJ. Guess I'm the blond one around here.

I was just stickin' up for Chatty...who seemed so sad cause she wanted to be included in the contest.

What happens when we all get as old as Chatty? Will this forum get a new title? Like...After Boomer Bloomers...or somethin'...?

#136244 - 01/06/08 08:10 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

mahahahaha....I don't know.

Maybe we could have a contest to RE-name this joint when the times comes?

#136245 - 01/06/08 08:34 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Let me understand:
the boomer forum members who ARE born in the boomer years can submit?
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#136246 - 01/06/08 09:45 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: dancer9]
Mountain Ash Offline

Hannelore
we will always be boomers...those after us are just echos.
Mountain ash

#136247 - 01/06/08 11:25 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Quote:

Let me understand:
the boomer forum members who ARE born in the boomer years can submit?
dancer

That's right dancer, here is what the contest above says:

All boomer-age (born 1946-1964) women are invited to submit their most valuable life lesson learned to Dotsie Bregel, Founder of the National Association of Baby Boomer Women, www.nabbw.com and www.boomerwomenspeak.com, the number one sites for "baby boomer women" on major search engines.

This has been released to the media as well. Whoever wins, can win a NEW membership to the association OR a renewal, if they are already a member.

#136248 - 01/07/08 12:54 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Chatty...I'm a Scorpio and a pain in the butt.

As for the writing contests, I can never seem to write what I want to say within the word limit. This one especially.

#136249 - 01/07/08 01:58 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Okay, you're all blonde.

Once a boomer, always a boomer.

Even when we are older, we will still be baby boomer women.

Silly girls.

#136250 - 01/07/08 02:21 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Mountain Ash]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
What was the question?

#136251 - 01/07/08 02:24 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Who is on first?

#136252 - 01/07/08 03:20 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

boooooooooooooooomer
boooooooooooooooomer
boooooooooooooooomer
boooooooooooooooomer
boooooooooooooooomer
YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH (shaking my pom pom's...)

#136253 - 01/07/08 12:16 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Dee]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I think it was "what happens when we are no longer boomers?" But, anyone born in that time frame is and always will be a baby boomer, so we can hang onto our boomer status forever and there will be no need to re-name the site. Go Boomers!

#136254 - 01/07/08 06:26 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
dancer9 Offline

uh huh, Dotsie, It was a VERY blonde issue indeed!
dancer

#136255 - 01/07/08 06:58 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: dancer9]
Edelweiss Offline

doop doop de do.

#136256 - 01/08/08 01:29 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'm still laughing.

#136257 - 01/08/08 03:10 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Mountain Ash and the ones before you, dah, like me I guess are the "ancients." Oh my God, it hurts just to think that, let alone write it. If I were in Alasks someone would probably put me on a passing slab of ice and send me out to sea to just drift quietly away, become bear bait!...

I think I'll go scold my mother for having me before 1946... WHO KNEW?????????

I may not be a boomer in age but do you guys ever have a suprise coming to you when you get to Vegas. What I lack in boomer, I make up for in bustle and bubble... Yep!!!

Edited by chatty lady (01/08/08 03:22 AM)

#136258 - 01/08/08 03:50 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Is there a scholorship program for the needy who want to go to Vegas but must pay the mortgage?

#136259 - 01/08/08 09:49 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Chatty had offered free room, which would save some money. Other than that...

I'll probably drive my lumbering minivan which may cost as much in gas as plane fare, but I'm bringing the jewels ... just in case

Poet and essayist

#136260 - 01/08/08 09:51 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: meredithbead]
Princess Lenora Offline

Is there a formal plan yet? Were the plans in a newsletter?

#136261 - 01/08/08 10:01 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

no, we're just making noise. Haven't even set a date yet, although Dotsie said "weekend" and maybe one of first two weeks in April.

Poet and essayist

#136262 - 01/08/08 10:44 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

My free room has sort of been shot down. JJ made an excellent point, that we should all stay together so we can party hardy all night long. I too may stay in the same hotel as everyone else just so I don't miss everything running back and forth...

#136263 - 01/08/08 11:56 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

There is no formal plan yet, but here's what we're thinking:

I plan on arriving Thursday in the afternoon and leaving Sunday, probably morning, so I am hoping to have all of Friday and Saturday day and night to hang with the girls. The dates are April 10- April 13th, 2008.

We should all stay at the same hotel (looking into group rate).

I'm thinking we shouldn't make formal plans. However, maybe we could have a couple things to do if women wanted. Then you could go to a show, or hang out, walk, shop, gamble (Chick)whatever.

What are your thoughts?

This is not by any means a conference. I don't want to do that. I just want it be a Girl's Weekend Away. I will open it up to anyone, and you are free to bring friends too.

Women will find their own transportation, book their own rooms, but at the same place and a group rate. We could plan one big dinner out if everyone wanted.

Thought please.

#136264 - 01/09/08 02:43 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm in. Guess whattttt? I had dinner tonight with one of the ladies from the forum here. Sherri Smith and her darling hubby were traveling through town and rang me up to have dinner with them. How cool was that?

I met them at Crackle Barrell, and got to meet Steve for the first time. Sherri and I had met a couple of years ago when she came through here. Or was it last year? Oh geeish. The power just went out on my brain again!

Anyway, Steve is fun and witty, just like Sherri. And let it be known right here and now that I found out what holds up Steve's halo....it is the horns on his head, the little devil. He got Sherri and I pretty good a couple of times.

Anyway, Sherri is back to her old self after a couple of very trying years and I couldn't be happier for both of them. They are such nice people. She wanted to know about Vegas, so hopefully, she'll be there! Wuhooo!

For those of you who are new to the community, Sherri is a long time member here, and she is also a member of the NABBW. Just FYI...

#136265 - 01/09/08 03:18 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Dotsie, do you have business to attend to when you are there? Or were you just hoping we'd have a long weekend and a slumber party? I'd LOVE to go. Hopefully I'll sell some houses between now and then and/or my book will go Oprah, and then I can go. Who likes the Mirage? I was there once. My favorite part is walking on the glass floor that is an aquarium underneath. So you are walking on water. Beautiful.

#136266 - 01/09/08 01:55 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I do not have a business meeting there. However, my husband and oldest son are coming along because we've been saying we were taking our oldest to Vegas for over a year now and it's time. I thought it would be fun to tie the two together. Since I kept hearing Vegas as our meeting place, I thought it would work. I'll spend Thursday afternoon and evening with them, and then they plan on hanging out all of Friday and Saturday so I will be hanging with the gals. Can't wait! More details to come. I will begin another forum when the decisions are made, but thought I'd get some ideas or suggestions here first.

I have never been to Vegas so I have not been to the Mirage. Your description reminds me of Atlantis in the Bahamas, which was out of this world.

#136267 - 01/09/08 06:10 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
dancer9 Offline

Most likely I shall be there to meet all of you!
dancer9 is close to Vegas

#136268 - 01/09/08 06:34 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

I'm all for Vegas! I'm there about four times a year anyway!
I'm a Caesars preferred customer but it's a hop from the Mirage so no problem there! I hope this shapes up!
And Chatty,
The shopping is FABULOUS, did you know that the countries shoe mart is held there twice a year? Yes, all buyers from all over come to Vegas to show their shoes! Quick! Call Dianne, she'll go shopping with me!
dancer

#136269 - 01/09/08 06:46 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm wondering if we want to stay DOWNTOWN or directly on the Strip. I've stayed at Caesars before and it is a nice place. Doesn't matter to me, as long as I can play the slots...and give Chick money to win for me.

#136270 - 01/09/08 09:33 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

JJ, and ladies, just be aware there is a lot of constuction going on in the DOWNTOWN part of old Vegas. Other than the above head Fremont experience its a mess down there, and in my estimation not all that safe either. Most people "living here" usually avoid that part of town...

Also the south end of the strip is best and safest as well, like from Treasure Island south to the Mirage, Caesars, The Venetian, Bellagio, New York-New York, Mandalay Bay, Tropicana, MGM Grand, Paris, Alladin, Luxor, Ballys, Monte Carlos. Plenty of the best to choose from and its safe there, lots of foot and bike patrols. Off the strip is Boulder Hotel & Casino, "best" buffet in town, but the food is good most every where. If anyone wants any of the hotel phone numbers PM me and I'll send them along.

Edited by chatty lady (01/09/08 09:37 PM)

#136271 - 01/09/08 09:34 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Chatty,
A long time ago, I played a live broadcast gig in downtown Vegas at the Four Queens. It was a great gig then. Is it still there? I've not checked since!
dancer9

#136272 - 01/09/08 09:40 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yes, the Four Queens is still part of downtown Fremont street...The construction down there is a real inconvenient mess but promises to make that part of the Vegas experience a pleasure when completed. Our Mayor is compulsive about it...

#136273 - 01/09/08 10:11 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

It was wonderful down there then. We did the concert and all of us commented on how different it was downtown than on the strip!
Beautiful,
dancer

#136274 - 01/09/08 10:33 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Very big difference then and even now, for one thing there is a LOT less walking from place to place, but like I said its not very safe for some reason, lots of homeless drift in from the railroad yard, easy in and out of town for transients.

There is a beautiful brunette woman newly missing right now the town is all a buzz about. She apparently took a cab downtown alone and ?????? hasn't been seen since. You probably won't hear about her because what happens in Vegas really does stay in Vegas, especially if it might affect tourism...

#136275 - 01/09/08 10:47 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

The woman, Chatty, was she a tourist? Did she go missing from the downtown area?
dancer

#136276 - 01/10/08 02:04 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Apparently a tourist and she went out alone after dark. Last seen downtown watching the Fremont experience. Then she just vanished. I'll keep you posted if I can find out anything. But like I said, they keep this stuff under wraps, not good for business...

Edited by chatty lady (01/10/08 02:05 AM)

#136277 - 01/10/08 07:17 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Chatty, do you know which are the non-smoking hotels? I prefer sleeping/staying in one of those, if everything else is equal.

Poet and essayist

#136278 - 01/10/08 08:34 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I believe most of them are now. They have really cracked down on smoking here. I'll ask some of them and see. Do you have any special ones in mind?

Edited by chatty lady (01/10/08 08:34 AM)

#136279 - 01/10/08 02:49 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I found this thread cause JJ said it was where she posted about having dinner with me and Steve. We had a wonderful time with the Queen, funny, kept us laughing, and Steve did try to keep up with her, but that's just not possible! We had a nice dinner and hope the timing works out so we can stop and visit again on the way back through.

JJ was talking about this Vegas trip and I may be interested, just have to see how things are going at home.

Sherri
www.christianstoryteller.com

#136280 - 01/10/08 03:07 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Sherri]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

What about the Horseshoe Chatty?

#136281 - 01/10/08 11:53 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Chatty, I honestly don't care. Obviously one in what you feel is the better area of town. Maybe if you had that list -- then Dotsie could call and see about who has the best group rates.

Poet and essayist

#136282 - 01/13/08 08:34 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: meredithbead]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

We will be doing soem research this week on the Vegas trip. It will be announced, but I think it mgiht be best to do so through email. I don't think we should discuss specifics in here. We'll have to do it behind the scenes.

#136283 - 01/13/08 10:22 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Not sure I understand what you are saying Meredith...I offered the list! I also offered to call around for the group, all I need is an idea of how many will be coming, they are going to ask that question because the more in the group, the cheaper the package...

Dotsie, PM's would work well too since we are all in here most of the time.

JJ, the Horseshoe is downtown with all the other older casinos, near the train yard with the same dangers as all the other downtown Casinos. But hey, stay where you want to. Inside they are all the same, rows and rows of places to lose your money, that seems to never change. But if you plan to go walking around down there, just do it in a two's or more, never alone!!!!

#136284 - 01/13/08 10:28 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I think what Meredith was saying is that she doesn't care where we stay, just offer up some "safe" places that you may know...and that was what I was asking as well about the Horseshoe...reason being, I'm a member at the Horseshoe in Tunica, MS and get all kinds of free perks...they transfer to the one in Vegas, but if it isn't safe, then that's another matter.

We have no idea how many are coming and until we get some particulars and let people know the incentives, we can only guess.

I'm working on it, and hope to have some info this week.

#136285 - 01/14/08 07:00 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

I think we can put general info out here: "Hotel X says if we have 20 people, price would be... and if we have 50 it would be... and Hotel Y says..." without naming the hotels. That could be done in PMs or emails. Like I said, anything safe and non-smoking is fine for me. Maybe other members have favorites??? -- although it's real easy to walk from one place to another.

Poet and essayist

#136286 - 01/14/08 04:56 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: meredithbead]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Girls,
I just have one or two words to say about your stay in Vegas . My daughther and her husband stayed at the "Palms Hotel" and loved . Just a thought to look into . I think the Palms was very much central located to everything .

#136287 - 01/15/08 08:34 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Sadie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ladies, I just want to take this link back to where it began. Here is the information again:

http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/display_...530d62002b148e8

#136288 - 01/21/08 09:53 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ladies, the submissions continue to roll in. Please know that you can submit more than one. I'd love a forum member to win. Submit away!

#136289 - 01/30/08 07:09 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Just a reminder that I'd love soem of you to submit to this contest. If you can post in these forums, you can enter this contest. Multiple submissions are accepted. Here's the scoop again:

2008 Contest: Most Valuable Life Lesson

The National Association of Baby Boomer Women, www.nabbw.com and www.BoomerWomenSpeak.com are excited to sponsor the NABBW 2008 Contest, Most Valuable Life Lesson. Win $100.00 cash and FREE Membership or Membership Renewal with the NABBW!

Most Valuable Life Lesson

With age comes wisdom. What wise lesson have you learned that has been life changing? We are interested in publishing a list of The Top Ten Most Valuable Life Lessons.

Please tell us what lesson you've learned that has changed your life and may help change another's life. It's that simple. Name the lesson and share how you learned it within 100 words or less.

If your lesson is chosen, you win $100.00 in cash and a membership or renewal to the NABBW for F-R-E-E. There will be one winner. Your name, email and Web address will also be included with future publications of the list.

Simply follow these Guidelines.

1.) Submit your entry in a Word document with your name, email address, short bio, and Web address within the Word document. Give the lesson a title and share how you learned the lesson in less than 100 words.

2) In the subject line of your email put "MIDLIFE" and submit your entry to contest@nabbw.com.

3) Deadline is January 30, 2008.

#136290 - 01/31/08 07:52 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
Edelweiss Offline

Dotsie I submitted my entry yesterday. This morning I recieved an email, "FAULT; Email returned."...Tobad. Now it's over the deadline, but through no fault of my own.

#136291 - 01/31/08 02:53 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Send it to me, Hannelore, I'll see that Dots gets it.

#136292 - 01/31/08 05:20 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Thanks JJ! You're the best.

#136293 - 01/31/08 06:22 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ahhh shucks hun....(Queen bowing head and blushing)...go on with ya.

#136294 - 02/06/08 12:58 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: jawjaw]
GodsLittlePencil Offline

Loc: Nebraska
I haven't had time to get on here for awhile. Who won the contest?

Joan

Joan

www.sunshinehugs.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iprayers

#136295 - 02/06/08 01:55 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: GodsLittlePencil]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

The contest is still being judged. Lots of reading to do.

#136296 - 02/07/08 10:36 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I have had a blast reading the submissions. Hope to have the winner for the NABBW Update tomorrow. Also, the top ten lessons. It's hard to narrow down. Working on it in spurts.

#136297 - 02/13/08 07:47 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
Edelweiss Offline

Dotsie I read the list of the Top Ten Most Valuable Life Lessons.
Congratulations to Jane Howard!
Can we read the essays anywhere? Or aren't they published yet?

#136298 - 02/16/08 03:15 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I was thrilled (and totally amazed) to have won! I also saw the announcement page but am also wondering where the 10 lessons can actually be read?

#136299 - 02/17/08 06:58 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Last year I used the top ten things women want as a media blitz. I plan to do the same with this. It will eventually be on the site in another place.

Hannelore, yours was also on the lsit. Did you see it and did you get my email?

#136300 - 02/17/08 06:58 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
Dotsie Offline
Founder

LJ, what are you doing with your big 100.00 winning?

#136301 - 02/17/08 07:17 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
hmmm...considering that I'm about to go to work...a week or two later than I had hoped...it will simply buy groceries. I know, I know...wish I could spend it on something fun...but life dictates the opposite. I'm hoping things will look up now....but that's why I told you in an email that God's timing is perfect. So be it. The exciting thing is that I've ALWAYS wanted to write. This has given me the energy and excitement to plan big dreams and someday have a book completed. How great is that????

#136302 - 02/17/08 07:40 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: ladyjane]
Mountain Ash Offline

Lady jane
all your post have been so interesting and many of the topics you have shared could be the basis of a book.
Well done and good luck..Maybe the groceries you buy with have a competition entry and you will win that too...
MA

#136303 - 02/17/08 08:07 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Mountain Ash]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
congrats, lj... two wins, and the year has just begun.

#136304 - 02/17/08 09:32 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: gims]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
congratulations, LJ. That's awesome.

#136305 - 02/20/08 08:39 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Louisa]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

LadyJane, congrats!!!

Poet and essayist

#136306 - 02/20/08 10:08 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

lol, I congratulated Jane Howard, not realizing she is our Ladyjane! duh....
That's wonderful news. Can't wait to read the essays! Will you let us know when they are published Dotsie?

#136307 - 02/20/08 09:31 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Edelweiss]
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Congrats on your win Ladyjane!!
www.christianstoryteller.com

#136308 - 02/21/08 12:32 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Sherri]
dancer9 Offline

Yes, Congratulations, Lady Jane!
I've been out of it!
Where can I read this?

dancer

#136309 - 02/21/08 12:35 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You go get em' LJ, congratulations...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved