The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#136257 - 01/08/08 03:10 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Mountain Ash and the ones before you, dah, like me I guess are the "ancients." Oh my God, it hurts just to think that, let alone write it. If I were in Alasks someone would probably put me on a passing slab of ice and send me out to sea to just drift quietly away, become bear bait!...

I think I'll go scold my mother for having me before 1946... WHO KNEW?????????

I may not be a boomer in age but do you guys ever have a suprise coming to you when you get to Vegas. What I lack in boomer, I make up for in bustle and bubble... Yep!!!

Edited by chatty lady (01/08/08 03:22 AM)

#136258 - 01/08/08 03:50 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Is there a scholorship program for the needy who want to go to Vegas but must pay the mortgage?

#136259 - 01/08/08 09:49 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Chatty had offered free room, which would save some money. Other than that...

I'll probably drive my lumbering minivan which may cost as much in gas as plane fare, but I'm bringing the jewels ... just in case

Poet and essayist

#136260 - 01/08/08 09:51 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: meredithbead]
Princess Lenora Offline

Is there a formal plan yet? Were the plans in a newsletter?

#136261 - 01/08/08 10:01 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
no, we're just making noise. Haven't even set a date yet, although Dotsie said "weekend" and maybe one of first two weeks in April.

Poet and essayist

#136262 - 01/08/08 10:44 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My free room has sort of been shot down. JJ made an excellent point, that we should all stay together so we can party hardy all night long. I too may stay in the same hotel as everyone else just so I don't miss everything running back and forth...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#136263 - 01/08/08 11:56 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
There is no formal plan yet, but here's what we're thinking:

I plan on arriving Thursday in the afternoon and leaving Sunday, probably morning, so I am hoping to have all of Friday and Saturday day and night to hang with the girls. The dates are April 10- April 13th, 2008.

We should all stay at the same hotel (looking into group rate).

I'm thinking we shouldn't make formal plans. However, maybe we could have a couple things to do if women wanted. Then you could go to a show, or hang out, walk, shop, gamble (Chick)whatever.

What are your thoughts?

This is not by any means a conference. I don't want to do that. I just want it be a Girl's Weekend Away. I will open it up to anyone, and you are free to bring friends too.

Women will find their own transportation, book their own rooms, but at the same place and a group rate. We could plan one big dinner out if everyone wanted.

Thought please.

#136264 - 01/09/08 02:43 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm in. Guess whattttt? I had dinner tonight with one of the ladies from the forum here. Sherri Smith and her darling hubby were traveling through town and rang me up to have dinner with them. How cool was that?

I met them at Crackle Barrell, and got to meet Steve for the first time. Sherri and I had met a couple of years ago when she came through here. Or was it last year? Oh geeish. The power just went out on my brain again!

Anyway, Steve is fun and witty, just like Sherri. And let it be known right here and now that I found out what holds up Steve's halo....it is the horns on his head, the little devil. He got Sherri and I pretty good a couple of times.

Anyway, Sherri is back to her old self after a couple of very trying years and I couldn't be happier for both of them. They are such nice people. She wanted to know about Vegas, so hopefully, she'll be there! Wuhooo!

For those of you who are new to the community, Sherri is a long time member here, and she is also a member of the NABBW. Just FYI...

#136265 - 01/09/08 03:18 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Dotsie, do you have business to attend to when you are there? Or were you just hoping we'd have a long weekend and a slumber party? I'd LOVE to go. Hopefully I'll sell some houses between now and then and/or my book will go Oprah, and then I can go. Who likes the Mirage? I was there once. My favorite part is walking on the glass floor that is an aquarium underneath. So you are walking on water. Beautiful.

#136266 - 01/09/08 01:55 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I do not have a business meeting there. However, my husband and oldest son are coming along because we've been saying we were taking our oldest to Vegas for over a year now and it's time. I thought it would be fun to tie the two together. Since I kept hearing Vegas as our meeting place, I thought it would work. I'll spend Thursday afternoon and evening with them, and then they plan on hanging out all of Friday and Saturday so I will be hanging with the gals. Can't wait! More details to come. I will begin another forum when the decisions are made, but thought I'd get some ideas or suggestions here first.

I have never been to Vegas so I have not been to the Mirage. Your description reminds me of Atlantis in the Bahamas, which was out of this world.

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved