The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#136227 - 01/02/08 02:53 AM Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
2008 Contest: Most Valuable Life Lesson

The National Association of Baby Boomer Women, www.nabbw.com and www.BoomerWomenSpeak.com are excited to sponsor the NABBW 2008 Contest, Most Valuable Life Lesson. Win $100.00 cash and FREE Membership or Membership Renewal with the NABBW!

Most Valuable Life Lesson

With age comes wisdom. What wise lesson have you learned that has been life changing? We are interested in publishing a list of The Top Ten Most Valuable Life Lessons.

Please tell us what lesson you've learned that has changed your life and may help change another's life. It's that simple. Name the lesson and share how you learned it within 100 words or less.

All boomer-age (born 1946-1964) women are invited to submit their most valuable life lesson learned to Dotsie Bregel, Founder of the National Association of Baby Boomer Women, www.nabbw.com and www.boomerwomenspeak.com, the number one sites for "baby boomer women" on major search engines.

If your lesson is chosen, you win $100.00 in cash and a membership or renewal to the NABBW for F-R-E-E. There will be one winner. Your name, email and Web address will also be included with future publications of the list.

Simply follow these Guidelines.

1.) Submit your entry in a Word document with your name, email address, short bio, and Web address within the Word document. Give the lesson a title and share how you learned the lesson in less than 100 words.

2) In the subject line of your email put "MIDLIFE" and submit your entry to contest@nabbw.com.

3) Deadline is January 30, 2008.

#136228 - 01/02/08 06:16 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
Great contest!!!

#136229 - 01/03/08 09:47 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: 49erDonna]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hows come we other women are left out of the contests? We may be past the boomer age but were boomers and have much to offer...Just cutious.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#136230 - 01/03/08 07:32 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh my, sorry that means you aren't included. but since it's a list for boomer women, the entrants must be boomers. So sorry chatty.

#136231 - 01/04/08 11:24 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well phooey, and all this time posting away, I thought I too was a boomer, at least in spirit... DRAT!!!

Edited by chatty lady (01/04/08 11:24 AM)

#136232 - 01/04/08 01:17 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie,

Great contest, Dotsie. Wish I could enter. Seems like life is always throwing a lesson my way. Could it be that hard head of mine?

I had someone call me at home last night telling me about their life lesson and asking particulars about the contest. I think you're going to get some interesting stories!

I'll tell one life lesson of mine since I'm not eligible. One time I worked for this graphics department. My boss was a great guy and much older than I was. His name was Sam. Sam was full of good old fashion, Mark Twain kind of wisdom. I learned a lot from him.

One time I was feeling particularly puffed up about myself and my abilities and felt I was due a raise. I asked Sam for one. Being young and inexperienced (I was about 20), I almost demanded the raise. Duh? Instead of telling Sam the reasons I needed/wanted the raise, I began telling him how important I was and almost giving him an ultimatum. Duh? (a legend in my own mind!)

Sam just grinned and said, Georgia, I want you to get a bucket and fill it with water. Then I want you to put your hand in the bucket and pull it out. The hole left will be how valuable you are to this mighty corporation. Value to this company doesn't come from talk. It comes from action. Show me. And when you do, you'll get the biggest raise I can give.

I did....and he did. God luv him. One of the best supervisors I have ever had. He cared so much for his employees and I watched him over the years give up a percentage of his own raise so that the company would disperse the tiny percentages THEY gave to others. What a man!

But the lesson was that anyone can be replaced. Don't ever think you can't. Especially in corporations.

To me, it isn't so important whether or not you can be replaced as it is how much of a hole is left by you in others hearts and minds when you do depart.

That old saying, people may not remember your name, but they will always remember how you made them feel, now THAT, that is a lesson I carry with me every day.

#136233 - 01/04/08 01:56 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
According to Google, boomers were born from 1945 to 1965.
Some just missed that by very little. The greatest lesson I learnt over the years was to stand against life's storms on my knees and to be suspicious of pats on the back and phony smiles. I realized God was the only friend I had that wouldn't change or betray me; He's the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

#136234 - 01/04/08 09:33 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

The submissions are rolling it. I think this is going to be a good one!

#136235 - 01/04/08 11:32 PM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Remembere the poetry book some of us were in caslled COSMIC BROWNIES, about life experiences. I still take that out and read it occasionally, some awesome lessons there too. MY problem is that my heart and my mind is in that boomer range but my body (birthday) is not...Guess I'll have to quit fibbing, stop saying, "who me, I'm just fifty!!!"

Edited by chatty lady (01/04/08 11:33 PM)

#136236 - 01/05/08 03:16 AM Re: Most Valuable Life Lesson - January Contest [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
It is your birthday Chatty?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved