The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#136114 - 01/03/08 06:02 PM Re: A hurting Newbie [Re: Dee]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Yes! What Dee said!
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#136115 - 01/03/08 08:27 PM Re: A hurting Newbie [Re: dancer9]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Welcome Artlady. I think it's fantastic that you started an art program for adults with disabilities and went back to school. I went back to school at the age of 47 and got my BS. Apparently, here it is BS because even though I'm working I wish I had a wonderful job.

I know you're hurting, but you have much to be proud of and gratefull for and I'm delighted you found us.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#136116 - 01/03/08 09:46 PM Re: A hurting Newbie [Re: Saundra]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Hi artlady. Maybe the ex just finally grew up. Maybe his new love won't tolerate penny-pinching. Many reasons but try not to let it bring you down because it has nothing to do with you. You are your own person and it says nothing about you when he is suddenly generous. Remember that, it has nothing to do with you. He is what he is, rich or poor, generous or stingy.

My sister went to her son's wedding party at her ex's big, expensive house. I caught her stomping a piece of the cake into his carpet, taking a picture of herself with his camera, before I said, "No more margaritas for you!" Today, she can laugh about it so know that the pain will leave.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#136117 - 01/04/08 03:04 AM Re: A hurting Newbie [Re: Dianne]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome Artlady! Sounds like your ex is a materialistic individual, whereas you are artistic, altruistic, and intrinisic! 'Things' cannot bring you happiness, and it seems his fiance is a 'thing' having been engaged for 4 years as it appears he's got her hanging by a string (perhaps waiting for some'thing' better). You, too, can go to Europe and I'm certain would enjoy and appreciate the history and art far more than your ex! Chin up! Less really is more!

#136118 - 01/04/08 09:42 PM Re: A hurting Newbie [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I PMed artlady to let her know everyone is still respodning. I hope she comes back.

Dianne, your post is perfect. It reminds us how riled up we can get in the moment, but after time passes, the emotion also lessens. Praise God for that.

#136119 - 01/05/08 03:11 AM Re: A hurting Newbie
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Tomorrow I'm going to my SDIL's home for my Step Granddaughter's 2nd birthday party. I'm already stressing...well, not stress so much as...simmering is more like it, because my husband's ex (who is really nutty and has treated my husband like crap) will be there and my SDIL's mother, who is cold to me and doesn't speak to me...for those of you who read my inputs over two years ago may remember my being upset because my stepson trashed his father's brand new tractor and refused to take responsibility for the damage (still hasn't)...when my SDIL became curt and snotty to me I put her in her place and her mom didn't appreciate it and has refused to speak to me ever since, despite the fact that her daughter was the one out of line. The only reason I'm going is to support my husband, who naturally wants to go to his grandchild's birthday party. It's uncomfortable as hell for me and I absolutely HATE being in that situation. My husband says, 'don't worry about it.' I told him he doesn't understand what it feels like because no one in my family has ever been disrespectful to him and he agreed he doesn't understand. I know he hates being around his ex as well so we'll be moral support for each other for having to be under the same roof with his ex. Anyway, it's one of those times where I have to reach down inside me and pull out that strength that gets me through it when what I really want to do is never ever see my husbands ex or my SDIL's mother again. Wish me luck...thank goodness it's only for 2 hours. Unfortunately I'll have to go through it again in June when the newest addition turnes 1 and will have his 1st birthday with all of them being there. For those of you who have not remarried and have steps and ex's I'm so envious of you for having done it right the first time and for not having to go through this. Okay...I'm off the pity pot now. Thanks for listening.

#136120 - 01/05/08 01:46 PM Re: A hurting Newbie [Re: Dee]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Dee, it used to be so bad for me, I would lose 7-10 lbs before a family event so I know how you feel. I finally stopped going for a few years and only this year did I agree to go for Christmas. But, in those few years I got myself to the point that I didn't care and they didn't bother me, something that makes a big difference. Good luck. I don't envy you.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#136121 - 01/05/08 01:57 PM Re: A hurting Newbie [Re: Dianne]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Diane...it's nice to know there are women out there who understand what I'm feeling. How was it for you at Christmas?

#136122 - 01/05/08 06:01 PM Re: A hurting Newbie [Re: Dee]
dancer9 Offline

Ouch, Dee! I can relate! Those obligatory things that keep us in one room with our x are horrid, aren't they! It's one thing to be finally divorced, but it's another to be reminded why we are divorced again!
Good luck with this appearance you will put in! You have my deepest sympathies and I hope you are able to avoid any uncomfortable situations and even have a real laugh, at least once!
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#136123 - 01/05/08 07:34 PM Re: A hurting Newbie [Re: dancer9]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Christmas was fine because I emotionally removed myself. I used to go overboard, trying to be nice and now, I'm just myself...something I should have done long ago but you know how it goes. We live and learn.

I just sat back and listened and made the appropriate comments but didn't start any conversations on my own. Be glad that your husband is on your side. Mine wasn't for a long time but is now. I think he finally grew up.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved