The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#135779 - 12/28/07 03:01 AM Winter Wonderland
GodsLittlePencil Offline

Loc: Nebraska
Today was one of the most beautiful winter days I have ever had the privelege of seeing. Last night, the air was filled with an eerie mist drifting in the winter breeze. The moisture built up on the trees in the form of frost. Following this was a little bit of snow which clung to the frost. This morning our world was a beautiful winter wonderland!

By the time I left my house today the temperature had warmed just enough that it was 'snowing' from the trees rather than the sky. I went back inside and picked up my camera and headed for the 'beauty' that God gave us.

What a peaceful calmness I felt as I was allowed to be in this winter scenery! It's not something easily described. Rather it must be experienced. I'm sure this is what God has in store for all of us.

Joan

www.sunshinehugs.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iprayers

#135780 - 12/28/07 12:16 PM Re: Winter Wonderland [Re: GodsLittlePencil]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Joan, thanks for sharing. You're so right that it is, in fact, what God intends for us in this crazy world....to take time to breathe and behold His wonders! I had a similar experience already this morning. It was dusky when I went out to start up and brush the snow off hubby's car. We had a fresh snowfall that was heavy and the fir trees were full and slightly bent. In the back yard near the woods there is one lone tree (replanted just last August) and the Christmas lights were glowing through the snow. Beautiful! I do see the beauty....what a great goal for '08...for me to stop griping so much about cold and snow but to stop way more often and see the amazing photographic beauty. Thank you for such a sweet reminder this morning!

#135781 - 12/28/07 02:03 PM Re: Winter Wonderland [Re: ladyjane]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
If only we could find the celebration in each and every day - the beauty in every moment.

Thanks for the reminder.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#135782 - 12/28/07 09:49 PM Re: Winter Wonderland [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks for sharing. I have days where I see it and days when I miss it.

I walked with a friend for an hour this morning - outside - and I missed seeing the beauty of creation. I didn't even think about it. We were so busy talking. What a shame.

Thanks to you, my eyes will be wide open tomorrow.

#135783 - 01/02/08 07:41 AM Re: Winter Wonderland
GodsLittlePencil Offline

Well....I'm glad I helped a little, although that was not my intention.

I try to make sure I celebrate life every day. Four and 1/2 years ago, I was rushed to the hospital with a blood clot on the brain. That day was my birthday. The next day, Easter, I had my first brain surgery. Over the next month I had 2 more surgeries.

Obviously I survived. But I did more than that. I really learned to LIVE. God isn't finished with his little pencil yet.

I only had a blood clot.
I did not have a tumor.
I did not have cancer.
I did not have a stroke.
And here I am with no brain damage.

Over a month later, I was released from the hospital. The following year my birthday was on Saturday. I had a CELEBRATE LIFE party. I haven't stopped celebrating yet.

Every day, I start my day by thanking God for at least 10 things in my life. Some days they are big things. But other times I thank God for the air I breathe, my home, job, car and things most of us take for granted. Did you ever thank God for the ability to close your eyes?

Have a great 2008

Joan

www.sunshinehugs.com

#135784 - 01/02/08 12:36 PM Re: Winter Wonderland [Re: GodsLittlePencil]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Joan, what a wonderful reminder for a New Year. Your frightening times feed your positive attitude...the way it should be. But I really needed the kick in the bottom this morning. I'm usually good about getting up in the morning and thanking God that I can do just that...get up, walk and breathe! Just needed the reminder this A.M. Thanks!

#135785 - 01/03/08 12:53 AM Re: Winter Wonderland [Re: ladyjane]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Joan,

What a beautiful scene...what a beautiful spirit!

#135786 - 01/06/08 10:39 PM Re: Winter Wonderland [Re: Jane_Carroll]
GodsLittlePencil Offline

Thanks. Keep me in your prayers and remind me to keep my spirit going.

Joan

www.sunshinehugs.com

#135787 - 01/21/08 02:23 PM Re: Winter Wonderland [Re: GodsLittlePencil]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Joan, thanks for describing the beautiful sight! God intends us to be appreciative of even the winter and it's magic. May God bless you and each BWS member abundantly.
NABBW & NAWW

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved