The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#134663 - 12/31/07 01:19 AM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I did not leave the fuzz on my face. I waxed my chinny chin chin and upper lip myself, and the stylist waxed my brows, which I've been growing for months. Where is Gimster? She said she tried a hair product this week, and I wonder what it was.

#134664 - 12/31/07 05:15 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Princess, Princess, Those are the only areas you should wax. The little peach fuzz on our cheeks or near our hairline on our forehead is to shade our Italian faces and help us with how we look, accenting our eyes and cheekbones! You should do your chin, if needed, your brows, if needed, and your upper lip, if needed. The rest of that light almost invisable hair is our gift to shade our little Italian faces! It makes us mysterious. I am too mysterious already but why not?

You might try growing in your eye brows from time to time to try another shape. Often our face and esp. our eyes change shape and another shape for our eyebrows looks better. For example, I am in the process of growing mine a bit thicker for effect and they look nice. I used to keep them thinner but it seems to add to my eyes to leave a bit more brow there now. You should check this from time to time so you have the right shape for your whole face!

More ideas, love!

dancer, creating.

"Question your privilege"

#134665 - 01/01/08 09:05 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Dancer, Yes, you are mysterious! In a good and interesting way. I did notice in Italy that woman, young and old, had hairy faces. They did not seem to wax mustache. Some of the women going to/from work on the Metro were so well dressed! One feature I have that I get from my mother that I like are my eyebrows, which have a good shape. I do not like getting a whole lot taken off. BWS sisters, does anyone else want to confess to the obsession about facial hair like I have?

#134666 - 01/01/08 09:28 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: Princess Lenora]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I only bleach my shadow moustache.
Then my eyebrows...I must admit I've been abit forgetful at times. They just get straggly, so I tweeze um for about 10 min. every few months.

The curse of black hair...HOWEVER not all women with black/dark brown hair have this problem at all.

No I don't have a fuzz elsewhere on my face but I do have other annoying problems...age spots that are slowly appearing due to my constant cycling, etc. I do wear sunblock. And no I don't reapply it...it actually is a serious hassle if you are going for a fitness ride and stop to do this sort thing because my body is pounding with adrenaline that I don't want to lose my rhythm/"stride" on the bike. I also must take off gloves and wash hands so I don't wipe sunblock into my eyes by accident, if I'm trying to wipe out water /sweat out of my eyes.

Just too annoying to stop when you're having fun!!!

#134667 - 02/09/08 11:54 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: dancer9]
dancer9 Offline

bump for Saundra

#134668 - 02/10/08 12:29 AM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: dancer9]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Dancer, I didn't realize you use Outlook. I don't know how to use Outlook. Okay, I'm embarrassed and it's on my list of "to learn" things this year. It doesn't look friendly.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#134669 - 02/10/08 12:32 AM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: Saundra]
dancer9 Offline

I do?
I didn't know!
Dancer...

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved