The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#134653 - 12/23/07 01:31 AM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Dancer, I got the Bare Essentials kit from Ulta, light-medium. I haven't opened it yet. Here's how bad I wanted this makeup: I was showing houses to a client beginning at 1:00 PM. It was 47 degrees and clear. By 3 PM it was 27 degrees and cloudy. By 4PM we were having a full on snow storm, blowing snow to reduce visibility. I did not get done with her until 5PM when it was dark. There were accidents everywhere, spin outs and ditched cars. It took forever to go one mile, and I had plenty of miles to go before getting home. I should have skipped my errand to ULTA but I wanted the make up real bad! So in a snowstorm, I was in the store. It was a bad night, and the retailers made no sales on what they were hoping would be a busy time. I got my BE, and it took me another hour to get home! I was so drained by then from the tension of hanging on to the wheel and trying to see in a blizzard black out. I will open my BE box on Sunday. As for heels, I used to wear heels all the time. Then I ended up needing surgery on my toes due to becoming deformed due to heels! I have not had a problem since the surgery, and I don't wear heels. Shoes hurt my feet, even ballerina style. My hair is so straight that I don't need a straightening iron. I used to iron other girls' hair because in the sixties they wanted their hair to be like mine. Remember how girls would put their hair on the ironing board, and use the household iron to straighten it? I, on the other had, wanted CURLS like Shirley Temple. Always what we don't have, we want!

#134654 - 12/23/07 11:25 AM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: Princess Lenora]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Princess,
I use to iron my hair as a teenager too, LOL! I have naturally curly hair and I always wanted straight hair. I use to fight my curls up to a few years ago, but now I just let it curl how ever it wants. My hair won, ha!

#134655 - 12/23/07 06:20 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: Cookie]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Cookie,
I have wavy hair, a bit of curl too, so I like that I have a choice to wear it natural or dramatic by straightening it! You are lucky to have that choice!
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#134656 - 12/23/07 06:35 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Oh my goodness, Lenora! It's worth it, my dear! I hope you absolutly LOVE the make up you worked so hard to get! Let me share with you my secrets, (which I share with NO ONE,) so you know I am full of trust here.....) in using it.

I use a pottery bowl. I take my two shades of BM and dab the brush into one and click the end into the bowl to get rid of excess, then I dip the brush into the other color, ( If I decide to use both, I don't always when I'm in a hurry,) and click that on the edge of the bowl to clear the excess.
I then use the brush and look at where I am applying it in a lit mirror next to a window where the light is coming in. I do my cheeks first in a swirling motion on both sides, dipping back into the pottery bowl if I need more make up and tapping the brush on the side of the bowl before applying.) After my cheeks I do the middle of my face, the "T zone," and finish with a bit on my throat and upper chest so I blend in well. This takes me about one min. I take the blush brush, choose my color, dip the brush, tap it on the dressing table to get rid of excess and apply lightly to the apples of my cheeks out to my hairline above. I am lighthanded with blush. That's IT!

Two important details for new users:

Tap the brush after you dip it in the powder, TAP IT to get rid of excess product so you don't come out looking like a powdery mess and tap it into a bowl or something if you don't want to loose product!

Work in good light and a circular motion because it looks so natural. It goes on well that way.

There is a COMPACT, my friends who use Bare Minerals, that you can take with you and that has that circular brush in it as well! It's cute and convienent. I bought it and I can put on my make up anywhere now and don't have to have it on when I leave the house it's so easy! Those of you who use the product can imagine how easy this is, to have a compact for it.

There are two kinds of compacts, so ask to see them both!

With warm regards and excitement for Princess, who is about to be more beautiful!
dancer.
Course she is beautiful naturally!

#134657 - 12/23/07 10:45 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Thanks for the tips, DD9 (dear dancer 9) I will follow your instructions. I'm all for expanding the life of a product so I get the most out of it. So far I've upacked the kit. Oh, and I am retiring the Clinique products that are no longer serving me well, I don't think they are, like the bronzer and the foundation. I am putting them in a Clinique bag, of all things.

#134658 - 12/24/07 01:47 AM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Good for you! That sound you hear is me clapping as you join 2008!!
We aren't done with you yet!
Dancer9

#134659 - 12/30/07 12:14 AM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Dancer, I got my hair cut yesterday to look more updated. I do have bangs, the front is chin length, and the back is layered, but short. She did use too much product, though. What gel are you recommending for thin, fine, straight hair? Mouse is just not firm enough. Thanks, PL

#134660 - 12/30/07 01:12 AM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Princess,
Congrats on your new do! I'm sure you look great!
If you want a gel that holds, the LEAST expensive one is a STRONG hold by Paul Mitchell. It is in drug stores and if you get the SUPER STRONG hold, it will work wonders. I have tried them expensive and inexpensive over the years and you pretty much get what you pay for with hair.. The Mitchell gel is the least expensive to get hold and have it do a good job doing it! I use a "Bed Head," product called "Power Trip," on my hair but I have thick hair. Still, thick or thin, remember, you get what you pay for with product! The reason for this is that women CARE about their hair, you see, the hair does not gain weight like the body so women care that their hair looks good even if they get heavy. Because women care about their hair, they will use expensive product on it to make it look how they want. This makes the prices go up on product that really works! It's sort of like shoes, feet don't gain weight so women often will collect shoes instead of clothing!
dancer9

#134661 - 12/30/07 02:36 AM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

I've used Paul Mitchell and it worked well in every climate except the in July in Ft. Myers Florida! I think the stylist used a Bed Head gel yesterday. She put some on her hands, then sprayed water on her hands to dilute it. So, I will try these products again. Thanks, Dancer. Oh, now, onto the lips. Did you discuss make up tricks and tips for maturing lips? I think you did. When I am all done with my make over I am going to have a new picture. L, PL

#134662 - 12/30/07 06:09 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Lotsa tricks for lips..coming up!
dancer

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved