The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#134612 - 12/12/07 07:31 PM Ideas for changes in make up when we're older
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hi All!
I thought I'd touch on this subject as there are changes we need to make as we get older. When we are young we can afford to look like scarecrows and like we have black eyes but as we age, there are things that make us look better with regard to product and make up!

- First, use no powder that will settle in lines and wrinkles! Agh! How horrid when powder, (not minerals, but powder,) settles in our wrinkles and show them off like mountain crevices when they might just be little lines! To avoid this, avoid regular powder! Use the mineral powders out now, one being Bare Minerals but there are others out as well, It is a 100 % improvement!

Slow down on the foundation! Yes, take off that thick foundation that also settles in small lines! It gives us a mask, looks "old," and helps everything slide into those little lines. Instead, use a non-oily, moisterizer w/tint or use a Smashbox product for stopping oil that is worth it's weight in gold. It comes in tint or no tint and it's called anti-shine, anti-Brilliance. There is another product in Chanel called T-Mat, Shine control, and more products in the lower lines. These products help oily skin, or skin that is overly moisterized stay matte without color. You can find Smash box at Sephora, in their store on line or in their standing stores. You, Yonah, can find it at Product. MAC has an oil control lotion and as I said, you can find one in lower lines at the drug store. Wearing something to tighten our pores helps our skin look more finished without showing lines or wrinkles and making them stick out! The formula could be: Using an anti shine product over your day moisterizer and than adding a mineral powder over that. This will hide any lines, make our skin look perfect as possible and feel as light as air! It's a good idea.

Get rid of all mascara and eye liner on the bottom of eyelashes! This is SO important! It BARELY works for the very young but for boomers, you don't want to apply eye liner to lower lashes for it shows droopy eyes and looks terrible! Try to forgo mascara on the lower lashes too! Try it and see yourself loose ten years!

You only have two options for staying alive looking and not like you are 100 years old when it comes to lipstick:
A red like no other red,
Or
light color that is covered with a lip moisterizer.
Other colors on our lips ages us and looks bad. There is a designer or two that say that ONLY women over 40 can wear red lipstick and this is true. IF you wear it, wear very little other make up and you will look smashing! If you decide not to wear red, make sure you put something on your lips because our lips fade! After you brush your lips, ( LOL,) put a light coat of lipstick with your finger, (and use a lip liner you rub into your lips,) and put a nice lip product over it. Just a bit o color works on us!

If you are any ethnic group, like I am, with black hair or eye lashes and eye brows, DON'T wear too much make up PERIOD! We only look like we are working the corner and that's not our best look! Ethnic is our best look and it comes in handy as we get older! Plan to look your race and make that look as natural as you can.

Don't succomb to that feeling that "nothing looks good and I'm too old for make up." This is NOT TRUE, and a little goes a long way for us! We can look glamorous with out much effort as you see here.

Try to loose the eye liner completely or use a brown one that does not show well! Go ahead and use mascara if your lashes are light, but try to get out of the liner habit. Liner on older women ages like all H*ll! It's better to look like you have your eyes natural.

WATCH OUT for EYE SHADOW! We don't need it, it gets into lines, and it's for funny young women who, like we did when we were young, want to look older! No older woman has a need for eye shadow no matter WHO gives you a make over! IF you have to wear it because you are stubborn, limit it to the crease in your lid and spare the rest of the eye! ARG, it's such a mistake, yes?

As I said, make those nails BOLD. It's our right of passage as women of the sexy middle age! Use a french manicure, (and go ahead and use a different color than white on your tips if you want) or use RED. Red/blue if you have dark skin or Apple red if you have very white skin! Take the time to go to a manicurist and give yourself a break! Get acryllic on your nails if you dare! Go ahead and ger gel nails or another form of false nail that requires filling! Why? Because unlike little girls, we KNOW what we are doing with our hands and we can make that color and those nails look like they BELONG! If you HATE false nails, have your own nails done as above and FLASH those things! Longer nails look fabulous on women who are Boomers! If you want, have your nails buffed and wear them natural but whatever you do, let yourself have that manicure and know you are worth it! I get mine done every two weeks and my nail teck, Justin, is fabulous and loves to do them! If you know what to ask for, the nail tecks with love you!

Your feet, girls! Paint those toe nails! Clear polish looks sexy if you have a tan but use the rules above for color! Our feet can take a beating when they are older and we have to fight back! I had both feet done with regard to bunions and it's the best surgery I ever had! My feet look lovely and I take care of them! Take care of them and then display them!

Wheeeeeeee!

Such fun. These are some ideas for make up. Next, when I catch my wind again, I'll write about skin care I know, or have heard, that works! We must take care of our bodies from inside to outside so I'll give up some model, dancer tips for that!

I hope you enjoy this!

dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#134613 - 12/12/07 07:55 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
You know, dancer....this could have also gone into the seasonal addiction thread. Every season I wear make-up of some kind...I won't even stay home alone without it. You are challenging me a lot!! Now, because of you, I have already lost any eyeliner that went under my eyes, no matter how lightly. That took a lot of strength but you're right, it's better...but...BUT I NEED to put a little mascara on my lower lashes. I am a typical washed out white faced red head without some color to my light eyelashes, but I promise....I go very, very light and only with brown mascara. Oh my gosh, remember the BLUE mascara???? I just thought of that. ughhhhh Anyway, I'll do my best to back off some of this!!! Thank you, again, for all your great ideas!

#134615 - 12/13/07 12:31 AM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: ]
dancer9 Offline

Making men drool, Anne?
Let us know how it goes!
Pretty exciting, I'd say!
dancer9

#134616 - 12/13/07 12:33 AM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Beautiful Lady Jane,I'm sure you look lovely and if you did these things to change your look a bit, you must be even lovlier!
I've a special one just for you since you like make up:

Take a white or VERY light pink, REALLY sparkly shadow, or the sort of sparkly product meant to light up your face, or shoulders, or cheeks, you know the product I mean?

Take that sparly stuff and carefully dap a LITTLE, LITTLE bit in the corner of each eye, (inner corner,) and blend it well so you really can't see it at all.

This will give your eyes a look that is magical and beautiful but no one can tell what you did. It also widens the eye.

Remember, just a dab. You can get a white shiny powder from MAC, or I'll find a link to show you the type of product to do this with.

It'll look lovely on you, I promise!

The perfect product, or type of product:
http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/pr...UCT_ID=PROD1519

dancer

Edited by dancer9 (12/13/07 12:44 AM)

#134617 - 12/14/07 07:28 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I tried this (the shimmery powder in the inner corners of my eyes), dancer, and it does in fact brighten me up! Thanks! I love the holidays because I tend to apply the shimmery stuff in interesting places!

#134618 - 12/14/07 07:31 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Very Cool, Lady Jane! I'll bet you look lovely! It helps me to hear that some of you try things and like them. That motivates me to write more! Thanks.
dancer

#134619 - 12/14/07 09:09 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: dancer9]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I have to apply a bit of liner on the bottom or my upper looks too heavy. I use a pencil, not the heavy liquid liner, and then use a qtip if it goes on too heavy. I only take it to right below the center of my pupil, then fade it into my inside corner. I use black/brown so it's not too dark, and not too light. I only use mascara on the upper lashes. I don't care for it on my lower - I cry too much...lol.

#134620 - 12/14/07 11:21 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: gims]
dancer9 Offline

Gimster,Sounds fine. If we line from the center of our lower lashes to the corner and do the same on top, we make our eyes look wider. To line them all the way around makes them look smaller. Some women like to have that look from the middle of the eye out and it can look okay and give the eyes width...
dancer9

#134621 - 12/15/07 02:38 AM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Who is getting older?

#134622 - 12/15/07 10:59 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

LOL, Princess! Not me! Not you?
dancer9

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved