The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#134561 - 12/12/07 12:42 PM !!My surprise Christmas!!
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I wasn't sure where to post this but I know for sure I've been blessed and experienced joy! I've not talked about it too much here but, friends, I've never been so poor in my entire life (I know I've mentioned that)! After leaving my job in August and trying to get a struggling new business off the ground, there's been barely enough to cover my bills and buy some groceries. There has not been a day go by since Thanksgiving that I haven't cried and prayed fervently. I didn't really want to put any lights or decorations up but realizing my hubby's own family pain, we decided to do this for us. But there's been enough sadness to dampen the spirit. Fast forward to last evening. I'm sitting by the fire waiting for my husband to arrive home from work. Once again, I was crying and praying for a miracle. I have 2 little grandchildren and that's all I wanted...was to give them something from "Mimi." The snow was falling and I was also praying for his safety on the roads (he was an hour and a half late and hadn't called). Finally, I saw the headlights coming up the driveway. I wiped my tears said an audible "thank you, Lord" and went to the door. Getting out of his car he said "Honey, Christmas is here!" I walked out into the snow without my coat to see his car packed with huge bags. The first thing I saw was two cuddly stuffed ponies spilling out of one. Well....the tears were back and I'm asking him "HOW??" We stood in the snow hugging and I couldn't contain my excitement and joy! No, we can't afford it really but he had gone shopping and taken care of everyone in MY family! We went out again and got a few more things, too. On the way home in the snowy streets I finally saw the beauty in the lights and we both wanted to hear Christmas music (the first time this season!) I thought this was so very selfless of him, especially in his sadness. We came home and just smiled. I had started making my own cards the other day and gave up yesterday, putting everything back where I store them (materials, paper, stamps). Today I go buy my boomer sisters their cards for the exchange and they'll be going out soon! Just wanted to share how my upside-down world turned right-side up...and the very power of prayer and learning patience. The timing is always right!! Will post a new pic of the grandbabies on the grandchildren forum. Wow, my heart is so light this morning...finally!!

#134562 - 12/12/07 12:47 PM Re: !!My surprise Christmas!! [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Oh, forgot to mention....he gave me a beautiful Christmas card last night with a wonderful big old gift certificate to (finally) get my hair done!!!!

#134563 - 12/12/07 01:29 PM Re: !!My surprise Christmas!! [Re: ladyjane]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Jane, I'm following you around the board; have you noticed? Your posts are making me feel like doing an elf jig! Still, I'm so sorry to hear about your financial crisis.
I heard Santa is lurking around those Maine woods. Check your mail next week, hon.
hugs
Hannelore

#134564 - 12/12/07 02:07 PM Re: !!My surprise Christmas!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Ladyjane,

What a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing it!

danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#134566 - 12/12/07 10:58 PM Re: !!My surprise Christmas!! [Re: ]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Your story made my day, LJ.

#134567 - 12/13/07 10:45 PM Re: !!My surprise Christmas!! [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Somehow he always provides for us when we give our lives over to him. God bless you and your wonderful husband. How fortunate you are to have someone like him in your life, and vice versa...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#134568 - 12/20/07 04:22 AM Re: !!My surprise Christmas!! [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Heartwarming story LJ. Your wish list is fulfilled!

#134569 - 12/23/07 03:28 AM Re: !!My surprise Christmas!! [Re: Princess Lenora]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Jane prayer does such wonderful things for us even when we think we are at the lowest He reaches down and gives us blessings and joys.
I will be praying for you for all the blessings that can come to you.
Sandpiper
www.tidedancer.com

#134570 - 12/24/07 05:42 PM Re: !!My surprise Christmas!! [Re: Sandpiper]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am praying for all my boomer sisters to feel joyful on Christmas day. Fervently praying!

May the dear Lord reach down and touch your hearts. May He allow the joy and peace that comes from knowing Him to massage your hearts. Feel His goodness, embrace Him and carry on with comfort and joy.

#134571 - 12/25/07 12:21 PM Re: !!My surprise Christmas!!
Mountain Ash Offline

Our Lord only allows me to have that which I can cope with.In doing so I can sharpen my capabilities.In my case I have facilitated others to find coping patterns and move on to their own wellbeing.
He gives me fallow time where I seek...in the full knowing like the seasons joy follows sadness.
He shows by daily living in reading chosen books that the Gospel is re written in secular things.By having analytical training I can see beyond that which is presented.
God lives and walks beside us.
Mountain ash

#134572 - 12/25/07 02:05 PM Re: !!My surprise Christmas!! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am glad that your view on life is changing, LJ.

May you have a merry, merry Christmas.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved