The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#134306 - 12/27/07 01:12 AM Re: Professional help [Re: celtic_flame]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I don't know about Anno, but for sure Jane Carroll is. She has a radio show too: Loving Life Radio. And her book Bertha....Jane are you here? Gimster, so if you use the information to get better care for your mom, and you pass the coach notion along to you daughter, may I ask how will you take care of your self? Just wondering, my friend. L, PL

#134307 - 12/27/07 06:15 AM Re: Professional help [Re: Princess Lenora]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
PL, I'm first going to get a complete physical...rule out vitamin/mineral deficiencies. AND, as of tonight, I am going to find a hypnotherapist. The more I talk to a couple of my siblings about our childhood and what is going on these days, I feel the need. There are really only two questions I want answers for and it might be that I'm simply repressing (is that the correct term) the memories surrounding them. Oh, and I'm going to try some "product" on my hair again. I think getting better help for my mom will also help me, too... in a big way!
One more question: Can life coaches work over long distances?
Boy, I sure do feel like I'm getting the better end of the deal in regards to these threads/discussions. Truly, I'm not as narcissist as it might appear. At least, I don't try to be. But, I don't believe I've had so many wise and caring women to talk to ~ EVER ~ in my life.

#134308 - 12/27/07 09:21 PM Re: Professional help [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yes, many coaches work by phone. I have been coached professionally by phone and it's awesome!

#134309 - 12/28/07 05:10 PM Re: Professional help
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I noticed that Anno is a life coach, as well as Jane Carroll, and Casey, and each one has a link from here to her site. Sorry, I don't know the others. Hi Gims, as far as memories, there is repression and there is suppression. In brief, if you have a memory and you consciously tell yourself NOT to remember, and you push it to the back of your mind, then it is suppressed. I was told by the perpetrators "You will remember nothing." Consciously, I said, "Oh yes I will, how can I forget" but then I literally trained my mind to push the memory back. When the mind is "ready" to release the memory it can come through. That was my case after 30+ years of suppressing. Usually, suppression is specific to a certain event or experience. Repression is more like a block of an entire period of time. You don't even know you are putting a memory in the back of your mind, the memory goes to repression and you have no choice. There are many books on the topic; this is as brief as I can get. No one would call you a narcissist. A narcissist has no concept of the world from another's point of view. The only perspective a narcissist has is of herself, and how the world and others affect her. You are just reaching out for help, which is a healthy personality! I have an extensive list of resources on my site in terms of books related to recovering memories especially of childhood. Recovering childhood memories, relationships with parents and siblings, and overcoming a traumatic past is my expertise. You can ask me anything, if you want, on the forums or in PM. L, PL

Edited by Princess Lenora (12/28/07 06:09 PM)

#134310 - 01/03/08 05:15 PM Re: Professional help [Re: Princess Lenora]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
gimster well done in making a decision to find a hypnotheripist, all considered and wot you been told about this type of theripie it reallie is a big steap forwared for you, a big bold one. I can onlie apploud that.
hope it goes well for you and you get a good choice.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved