The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#133893 - 12/15/07 10:42 PM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Orchid,
I, too, do not idenify with the sense of entitlement you speak of and others label us with at times. I missed that.
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#133894 - 12/15/07 11:03 PM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Celtic, since Princess mentioned it, when the state hired a psychiatrist to hypnotise me, the Dr. ended up giving me a post hypnotic suggestion to stop trying to remember the murder. He told them it was too dangerous for me...
I must say that that suggestion stuck.

I also wanted to share with you that when I was hypnotised, I was aware, meaning, I was not "out cold..." I was left with some memory of the session and did not feel out of control of myself at any time.

The person hypnotising you MUST be accredited and as Princess Lenora says, you have to have a talk therapist as well for whatever comes up. It should not be entered lightly, but, there is a way you can learn to hypnotize yourself...
dancer

#133895 - 12/17/07 02:22 AM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Isn't self hypnosis sort of like the shoplifter running the security office?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#133896 - 12/17/07 06:04 PM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
is "self hypnosis" another oxymoron?

#133897 - 12/17/07 06:11 PM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: gims]
dancer9 Offline

LOL, No, really! There is a technique they can teach you to "put yourself in a trance," and while there you can reach things you cannot while in a normal state! It's a deeper form of meditation! When you are hypnotised it is not a state of being totally "out." You can remember some of it and you can hear yourself answer. Contrary to some beliefs, when hypnotised one IS aware and CAN hear themselves answer questions. It is not the powerless feeling some people feel it is!
I was under and I still remember some of it, I could have remembered all of it but I chose not to because it seemed of no importance. It was a good experience, even if I was under to regain memories of a murder I witnessed. The doctor took time to do some healing suggestions that stuck!
dancer, oxymoron.

#133898 - 12/17/07 06:35 PM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

LOL, again! Some people like the tool to use themselves so they can reach deeper into their memory. Some like the control to be in their own hands and enjoy the 'trip." It works! It really does! You then take your experience to the "talk doc," and talk about what you discovered while "under!"
Therapists teach the technique and many know this method!

Now stop laughing at me!

Lol,
dancer

#133899 - 12/26/07 06:06 PM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: dancer9]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i agree with all dancer said, hypnosis it is the "client" that has the control as if anything untoward happend or was "suggested" like go rob that bank for me, the client would wake up or the pat of the brain that remaines fullie alert would reject the suggestion providing it was not in your nature to robb banks lol.
Post hypnotick suggestions can and do work, and make for a better return to normal concisness after the session is over.

PRINCESS important point you bvrought up , if indeed the indivduel is not readie to see or rember an event from life, ie couldn't handle knowing in normal concisness the mind would not, would not give it up anyway, it just wouldn't rember or again one would be so startled the part of the mind that defends us from such unwanted material would just find some way to wake up, say nuthing just bring back a blank responces. if its not safe the mind will not disclose regardless of what the hypnotheripist dose.

Like normal states of councisness if one trulie wouldn't cope then the memorie would not surfices at all.

begs the question then why bother at all?
In normal concise state a memorie could be readie to be relised but waites on a type of trigger in order to relise it, ie a similare looking person or event happening. In hypnotheripie one supplies that trigger on behalf of the client so IF memorie is readie to be relised IT WILL HAPPEN. in a safe controled environment (if one choses the theripist carefullie and DO TAKE CARE). Generallie speacking the is a cathartic experinces the remberances of the memorie with the discharging of the emotions assosiated with the memorie, if satisfactorialie discharged then one is left with maybee a mental reprisentasion of the memorie but little of the assosiated emotional responces, this in itself can be usfull. Altrnativlie it can be suggested that one place the memorie in a drawer and allow a greater degree of forgetting of the memorie to happen.
Again the client is in control and if that mind decides the suggestion is its best bet or healthiest thing then that is what will happen like dancrer experinse showed.

Talking theripies can take yrs PRINCESS, hypnotheripie can quicken (in the right instances) the overall preocess, cutting dowen time, expencess and if person is trulie near suicide then in some instances prevent the act happening.

It can be used ALONGSIDE talking theripies or INSTEAD of talking theripies. Diffrent mental focuses or circumstances or personalities decide what trulie is the best approach for the individuel, no single formula of how to can be applied to all people.

Obviouslie to be able to use my "clinical hypnotheripist" title or hynoanalist i had to go through an intensive part of my learning having extensive hypnotheripie sessions. i also had tradisional talking theripies, my experinces was something onlie got cleared up with hypnotheripie as i was getting no weer with talking theripies and also the reverse was true. One healing component necassarie for me was that i feel and somehow discharge emotion stuck with certine events , for me this was onlie achived via hypnotheripie, as i verie controled with my feelings lol so the relaxed hypnoteripie state allowed me access and dishcharge of those teripies that just wouldn't happen while in normale conciss state.
#phewwww a long one ther eh!hope i explained it well enough without falling into the jargone trapp , hope so anyway.

#133900 - 12/26/07 06:13 PM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: celtic_flame]
dancer9 Offline

Celtic does a beautiful job of making sense here! I would say a few things to back her up. I also have vast experience in the world of therapy, again, some of the best:
- the memory will not come up unless the mind is ready to deal with it. Pushing a memory is DANGEROUS. It just is.
- If hypnotized, the brain will reject, out of hand, the question it is not safe to remember, for example: I had evidence in a murder trial that was very important besides what I had already given them. When hypnotized, my mind would NOT give it up because I had been "programed," that I would be killed if I told. I did not tell. This is why the doctor gave a hypnotic suggestion for me not to try to remember anymore. ( Much to the D.A.'s irritation!) You know what's happening when you are hypnotised.
-Never push yourself to remember except in a clinical setting where you will be safe 24/7. Some memories are dangerous. At the risk of upsetting some people on the forum, it goes like this:
If you were told that if you told anyone what happened, you wwould be hurt or killed, you may, after being forced to remember, attempt to hurt yourself after remembering. You MUST be protected if there is any possibility of this sort of thing happening. I speak from experience.

Please be careful when retrieving memories. I can't tell you how helpful it is to do so, but do so in a safe way, in acontroled way, and have a couple emergency numbers to call if you at ALL are in a dangerous state of mind!

dancer9

#133901 - 12/26/07 06:23 PM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

GINSTER
we have Baptists in Belfast and they as well as other fundimental christion groups hold the same attitude towards hypnotheripie and even plain old meditasion. i not too sure wear or what the conection is exactlie, or how one concludes that its the work of the devel or indeed makes one vulrible to the workings of the devel.

the best or nearest i got( in terms of explinasion) was that a deeplie relaxed medititve state would allow one to be influenced by external forces or energies. It would be assomed that it be the devel or some other type negative energie.

In all my experinces and findings, it is onlie MEDIAMS that are influenced while in a deeplie relaxed state. hences facilitating the communicasion between spirite bodies and earthlie canted bodies, which is the process by which mediams use for such spirite commonicasion. Onces again it is the mind and will of the medium that decides what they are gonna say while in the "comminicative readie state" in all respects the mediams have control and responcibilitie for what they say or do.

normalie joe's and josephines (lol) don't pick up commonicasion from spirite anyway no matter HOW DEEPLIE relaxed they are.

So in this respects the church is partalie right, one can be influenced to say somthing but not so far as to do something IF THEY ARE ALREADIE A MEDIUM OR HOLD MEDIUM TYPE GIFTS. Normale non mediums are unaware of any external type of energie around them anyway.

so church is partulie right in that respect. The baptists forbid any type of spirite communcasion (if i rember rightlie)BUT more importantlie they assome ALL SUCH comminicasion is negative in its nature, not true this is a biase and one desined to scare people away from meditasion and such types of healing or trying to keep people safe from such types of energies. You decide.

THE CAPS are not shouting i trying to emphasis a point , i promise, You all know the trouble i have with commonicasion and spelling and wouldn't i reallie am trying my hardest to put this across acuritlie to all, Baptists and non Baptist, belivers in this point and no-belivers of this spirite=devils communicasion point of view.

Maybee someone else from within such a belife system would like to give their view point on this matter.
GIMSTER thats the best and as fullie as i know how to explaine it and provide my experinces of such things.
Unless you are a medium and with such gifts/talents you wouldn't be affected.

#133902 - 12/26/07 06:29 PM Re: Your views and experiences [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

oh for manie yrs i did work as a spiritualist medium and was born with this abilitie, not tought it. Out of all the hundred times i been hypnotised ONLIE ONE TIME did i have spirite commonicasion, that was with my mum lol. For all her failings she certinlie not the devile, i promises lol.

The rest of the time i was left alone to do my healing work on myself. Do you belive in gardianes? maybee gardiane angels? i do and belive in ANY POTENCIAL vulrible state one is protected by powerfull postive loving forces, maybee even devine forces. Now what is stronger than that type of forces or energie, nuthing in mu book.

good luck gimster, i had to do a lot of deprogramming on myself too, its hard but worth it, we get to live freelie in the end without biase or manie restrants. I still got some ways to go before i am finished.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved