The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#133770 - 12/05/07 03:03 AM Well It Is Happening!
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Tomorrow is my appearance on Retirement Living TV's Daily Cafe! I have held off posting about it in case something happened and it was cancelled, but it seems to be all systems go! Dotsie...thanks for the advice. I will let you know how everything turns out.

#133771 - 12/05/07 09:44 AM Re: Well It Is Happening! [Re: hotflashgal]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Will it be on internet too? I wish I could watch. Good luck to you, and knock 'em dead...woops...not a good choice of words considering the topic....heh heh.

#133772 - 12/05/07 01:51 PM Re: Well It Is Happening! [Re: Edelweiss]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Hannelore, you're so funny...I woke up this morning to a radio commercial about a local cemetary - their new tagline? "It might be the last good decision you make".

HFG, I'm going to look that show up and see if we get it in our area...congratulations on this incredible opportunity, good luck and let us know how it went.

(Maya Angelou)

#133773 - 12/06/07 11:57 PM Re: Well It Is Happening! [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Its such a terrible topic because no one wants to go there but it is one that does need to be intelligently thought about, and taken cae of beforehand if possible...Happy interview Hotflashgal....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#133774 - 12/07/07 12:53 AM Re: Well It Is Happening! [Re: hotflashgal]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Thanks for the good wishes. It did go well.....tons of fun. Lot's of high pressure for those who work in that field. I wouldn't last too long under the pressure. A couple of people who saw it called and made purchases so that is very cool, and I had an upswing in activity yesterday and today.

Another great thing that happened in business was the response I received to an ad I place in a newly released regional magazine called "Girlfriendz." I am always nervous when I spend my precious dollars in advertising, but this one paid off big time! The magazine is really good. Totally geared towards boomer women. Even if you don't live in our area, you can get on a list to receive a copy. Plus, they are running two really cute contests to celebrate their launch. One is for an American Express gift certificate. If you want to check it out, here is the link Girlfriendz The site is really nothing...work in progress, but you can get info. and sign up to receive it.

#133775 - 12/07/07 08:27 AM Re: Well It Is Happening! [Re: hotflashgal]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Thanks for the link Hotflashgal. Hey, and you can enter contests without paying, as far as I could tell.

#133776 - 12/07/07 11:17 PM Re: Well It Is Happening! [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
HFG, glad to hear it was worth your while. I was thinking of you driving to DC in the snow!

I've done that show a couple times and you are right aobut the pressure innvolved with TV. Timing is everything so they really have to be on their toes. DId you meet anyone fun in the green room?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved