The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#133446 - 12/05/07 02:14 PM Seasons & color... [Re: meredithbead]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Ms. M,
I arrange clothing by color, too. First, I put them together by the season worn, then by color sections.
If I don't use something, I donate it. Last night, I finished cleaning the upstairs closets and dressers, chest and vanity. Now the downstairs needs a good going over.
Problem is, I don't like housecleaning. Wish I did. LOL
Ciao,

#133447 - 12/05/07 02:35 PM Re: Seasons & color... [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
My problem with clothes is that for several years now I've had no sense of what suits me anymore. That combined with no income and wildly fluctuating weight gains/losses (more gains than losses), well, I just started buying cheap clothes that, well, looked cheap. Hubby got so disgusted with my choices that he upped my allowance (the government actually designates part of his pension for me, for putting up with his deafness - which is nice, but it means I can't complain about him not hearing me anymore!)

Anyway, I don't enjoy shopping for clothes for myself anymore (but I love shopping for my granddaughter!), so I only buy classic-style, STRETCHY clothes...hoping they'll take me all the way through to the nursing home years!

But now I have to clean out the closets and get rid of the really old favourite stuff that no longer fits - and new stuff I should never have bought in the first place.

(Maya Angelou)

#133448 - 12/05/07 06:11 PM Re: Seasons & color... [Re: Eagle Heart]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Eagle Heart,
Where to you live? What is the closest decent size city? I will find you a nice little shop where you can find come clothing that makes you feel beautiful as you are!
dancer9, all about beauty.

"Question your privilege"

#133449 - 12/05/07 06:14 PM Re: Seasons & color... [Re: jabber]
dancer9 Offline

Bonnierose,
Separating by season is a wonderful thing to do. Also, putting your clothing in order according to color, and pants with pants, shirts with shirts, dresses with dresses, and after that, put the lightest frock in the front of the heaviest fabric. This makes dressing the easiest!
dancer9

#133450 - 12/06/07 12:06 AM Re: Seasons & color... [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Bonnierose, I hear you! I don´t like housecleaning at all. Would much rather read a good book or maybe be here reading..it´s a necessary evil..housekeeping, I think!

Eagleheart..oooo, I getcha! Don´t like shopping for myself either anymore. And when I do, I find I have been dreaming..opitimistically..when I get to the fitting room and look in the mirror..I don´t look at all as I imagined I would or do in general. Very hard to find something that I think really looks and feels good. And I DO believe that we "are worth it". I just don´t know where to find it.

Dancer if you have any tips to give me near the Stockholm area..let me know.

Hugs!

#133451 - 12/06/07 12:11 AM Re: Seasons & color... [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Humlan, and EagleHeart,
If I were in your shoes I would go to:
http://www.tendertreasures.com/catalog/flax_clothing.html?gclid=CI7Up4qzkpACFSBeagodXFtu-g
and look for clothing.
or
http://www.chicos.com/store/home.asp
I would recommend these for ANY Boomer who wants to dress comfy and does not have to wear a suit, (and who does not want to spend a lot of money.)
There you can find flowing tunics, pants with elastic waists that are stylish, tops of every type and pants of every type as well! They are always "in," the companies have sales ALL the time, and they have choices galore!
( You'd think I shop there but I don't!)
I wore some of these when I was recovering from surgery and I was SO comfortable and could buy a new wardrobe for recovery without investing a lot of money! I normally wear dresses and such but these clothes were PERFECT when I was going to doctors a lot and when I had to lie down at times but still needed to go out and look good. They wash well, dry normally, and look great!

Try them, for those of you who can wear these things and do not have to wear a suit to work! It's a great look that you can keep up easily! Just find your size and order away! These stores are all over the country and are REALLY popular with Boomers! They have proven themselves over and over as a medium priced store that sell comfy clothing that looks nice and won't break the bank!
dancer

Edited by dancer9 (12/06/07 12:37 AM)

#133452 - 12/06/07 12:29 AM Re: Seasons & color... [Re: dancer9]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Mmmm, what a gorgeous site, Dancer! I've bookmarked it for further perusal! Beautiful stuff. I can't order anything online right now, but will definitely have a good look at everything for my next online shopping spree, maybe in January!

Thanks for that link, and for taking the time to find it for us.

(Maya Angelou)

#133453 - 12/09/07 12:58 AM Re: Seasons & color... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We have a Chicos within walking distance.

I clena out my closet twice a year. In the spring, I put away all winter stuff in the attic and drag the spring/summer stuff down and vice versa with the other seasons. We live in an old house and the closets are teeny tiny. I have friends with walk in closets to die for. I would love to be that organized and able to spread out.
I also organize the hanging clothes by color, light to dark. It's something that helps a wee bit in a small closet.

#133454 - 12/09/07 11:07 PM Re: Seasons & color... [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Thanks dancer..will give your tips a try..after Christmas probably..my finances are limping..at the moment..more like keeling over.. I also went crazy when the tunic style got going here again and bought myself a few. I love them with shorter skirts and tights. No, I don´t have the lovely Scandinavian legs..but so what. I like how I look anyway. And it´s so comfy. The kids think it´s fun that I wear tights like they do!!!!

Thanks for your help!!!

#133455 - 12/16/07 02:38 AM Re: Seasons & color... [Re: humlan]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I have NEVER considered organizing my clothes by colour. Right now it's a serious problem of space. Of course, my partner complains...

I did do some serious clothes weeding about 6 yrs. ago when I relocated to another region in Canada. And truly I haven't much since then. Actually most of the clothes in last few years have been:

*lycra based, solid coloured bright tops -- to wear casual or under a dress jacket. In various styles Long or mid sleeved for cooler and sleeveless for summer.

*T-shirts --admittedly have acquired several
*cycling wear --
*4 pairs of shoes and boots
*2 fleecy jackets for sports activities/casual
*1 dress coat --that I love and everyone else seems too also.

Pretty modest compared to many other women.

Like meredith, I do choose classic lines with interesting fabrics or cuts....so I do make certain clothing last for over 10-20 years. It's a standing joke with my partner.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved