The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#133030 - 11/28/07 04:40 AM Lost my Dad today
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
I lost my Dad today. He was my best friend and a strong male influence in my life. On my own for the past 10 years raising my children, he was there for me in a big way.

A few years ago I almost lost him when he was sick in hospital and had to have his leg amputated. Diabetes.

Now the other leg continues to get infected and he went into the hospital on Friday, was chipper on Saturday during the day but comatose after that and today he died at 3pm.

My Mom is not having a service for him so I am. I need to celebrate his life and so do his grandchildren and close friends. I'm going to take his ashes over to Denmark as his wish was to have his ashes spread around his parents grave.
We had planned to go there together some day but he didn't want to make the trip in a wheel chair. Now I will be going with him in spirit.

It's a sad, sad day. The hardest part that I wasn't prepared for was leaving him. I said my goodbyes but could not leave the room. It felt like I was leaving him all alone. It took 5 trys and I had to leave and not look back.

Hug your elderly parents today if you still have them. They can sometimes feel like a burden when you are busy with your kids, job, life but they can be gone in an instant.

I will really miss my Dad.
Kate

#133031 - 11/28/07 05:05 AM Re: Lost my Dad today [Re: katebcca]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Kate,
My heartfelt prayers and thoughts are with you today. I know this is a hard time for you. Nothing can replace our parents. I lost my dad in January of 1998 and my mother in January of 2000. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters but still feel like an orphan since they have died. I sometimes tell people that you will feel like your world has tilted on its axis and will never be the same.
Time does help, but you never stop missing them. I agree with you for those that have their parents, please give them an extra hug and listen to them because they really are gone in an instant.
It sounds like you have very sweet, charming memories to hold dear of your father. What an honor to spread his ashes on his parents grave. Good for you for holding a service to celebrate his life. It is important to do so, it makes you feel like you have given him the final honor of shring his life.
If you ever need a friend to chat with when you are missing him or having a hard day please feel free to contact me. You can reach me here or at sandpipertwin@yahoo.com.
God's Blessings on you dear one.
www.tidedancer.com

#133032 - 11/28/07 05:41 AM Re: Lost my Dad today [Re: Sandpiper]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Thank you Sandpiper. I really appreciate your thoughtful words.
Kate

#133033 - 11/28/07 05:42 AM Re: Lost my Dad today [Re: Sandpiper]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a great person for you.

#133034 - 11/28/07 05:52 AM Re: Lost my Dad today [Re: orchid]
jladdon Offline

Loc: Spokane, Washington
Dear katebcca,
My condolences on your loss. One bright spot in such a case is that your Dad no longer will be suffering with his disabilities. And I'm sure you'll continue to feel his presence in your life. I think of my parents both, every day, and they've been gone for 20 years. --Judy

#133035 - 11/28/07 10:09 AM Re: Lost my Dad today [Re: jladdon]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Dear Kate, I know how your Dad has been a strong supporting pillar in your life from your past posts. I don't think one is ever prepared enough for a loss of a parent. I send hugs your way, and hope you find comfort with friends and family.
My prayers are with you.
Hannelore

#133036 - 11/28/07 11:03 AM Re: Lost my Dad today [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Dearest Kate, I was so sorry to see your sad news. I do hope you can feel the love and concern for you here. Yes, they can be gone in an instance. Thank you for the reminder. I pray that in time you will be surrounded with such warm memories that will hold you through the tough times. Please check in when you can. How nice to be able to take him to Denmark as that was his wishes. We're here for you. (((((((((Kate)))))))))

#133037 - 11/28/07 12:43 PM Re: Lost my Dad today [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh Kate. I wish I could be there with you now. As someone has said in a previous post, please feel the love from everyone here surrounding you and holding you up during this difficult time.

I lost my Daddy, and best friend, 3 years ago and I still miss him each and every day. He's in my thoughts daily and I still talk to him.

You and yours will in my heart and in my prayers. Let your mind wander back to the many, many, wonderful memories as you honor your grief, and although bittersweet now, they will help to sustain you.

Come to the boards if you need us. We love you and are here for you!

#133038 - 11/28/07 02:19 PM Re: Lost my Dad today [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Kate, I'm so terribly sorry. Please know that we're thinking of you and offering up prayers.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#133039 - 11/28/07 02:44 PM Re: Lost my Dad today [Re: Dianne]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
Kate, we don't know eachother but my heartfelt prayers go out for you today. With love.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved