The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 186 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#13258 - 11/03/05 09:02 PM Random Acts of Kindness
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
One of the women in this forum very recently touched my life with a totally unexpected act of kindness. She chose to remain anonymous, so I just want her to know how profoundly her kindness has touched my heart and being. When we do kind things for other people, we often don't have any idea of just how much of an impact our actions and thoughtfulness will have on that person...and how much farther that action ripples on into the rest of the world.

All of you women here are phenomenal. Over and over and over again you reach into each other's lives, you touch hearts and minds with such profound wisdom, authentic care, generous time and support. So many of you have blessed my life beyond your wildest imaginations...you cannot imagine how healing you are and have been.

To this woman in particular, the past week has been a difficult one for me for various reasons. I didn't want to come here and complain, because my life has been so blessed, and so many others are so much worse off. But that didn't stop me from feeling sad and down, and I was beginning to withdraw and feeling somewhat estranged from everyone (not just here). Your kindness, out of the blue, totally unexpected, turned my heart rightside up and turned a light back on in my head, if that makes any sense.

In other words, you made a wonderful difference, and the impact you made in my heart by your kindness will continue to ripple on. With all my heart I thank you.

#13259 - 11/03/05 09:38 PM Re: Random Acts of Kindness
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
She was your flicker of light... [Smile]
Glad you're feeling better, Eagle.

#13260 - 11/03/05 10:00 PM Re: Random Acts of Kindness
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
How beautiful!

#13261 - 11/03/05 11:51 PM Re: Random Acts of Kindness
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
I can not think of anyone more deserving than you.

My prayers have been with you this week.

Hope your feeling better.

#13262 - 11/04/05 12:29 AM Re: Random Acts of Kindness
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dearest Eagle...you touched my soul from the moment you soared in here. I'd like to tell your anonymous friend, "One person can truly make a difference," and she obviously did. How treasured, the friendship of this site...
chick

#13263 - 11/04/05 05:35 AM Re: Random Acts of Kindness
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Jackie W, Jackie R, Brenda, Chick, Thanks for your thoughts.

This cold triggered a devastatingly severe fatigue that really knocked me out...I'm still crawling on achy joints, but better. But even as I felt myself withdrawing, mainly because of the frustration of my ongoing struggle with this debilitating fatigue, I felt "protected" and knew that you were lifting me up in your hearts.

Chick, your signature is right on...prayer is not the least but the MOST we can do for each other...it certainly kept me safe this week, and I thank you for keeping me in your heart-thoughts. I think it's interesting that in a way, God used your prayers (especially your willingness to pray) to answer my prayers!

#13264 - 11/04/05 06:11 AM Re: Random Acts of Kindness
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Isn't the community of believers awesome? Woohoo!

#13265 - 11/04/05 08:02 AM Re: Random Acts of Kindness
mellodysmiles Offline

Loc: Redding, CA
Praise God! [Smile]

#13266 - 11/09/05 08:00 AM Re: Random Acts of Kindness
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
You women are all phenomenal...this is a special place indeed!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved