The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#131158 - 11/06/07 08:29 PM Dancer, clarification..
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Elsewhere in this forum you mentioned that you are married to someone that you've known since childhood.

It is your 2nd marriage..since you mentioned elsewhere about discarding your ex-hubby's belongings (his records, eetc.)?

#131159 - 11/12/07 01:06 AM Re: Dancer, clarification.. [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Orchid,
I just saw this post! Yes, I've known my husband since we were kids but we did not marry then, we were 14 years old when we met and maintained a friendship when both of us toured for our careers. We went about 15 years without coming face to face, but saw each other's families here and there and heard how the other was doing.

We both married someone else in that time period. I was married to an abusive man for some time and he was married, to ~ believe it or not, an abusive woman!

We re-connected when we were both single and BOOM, the attraction was one of well...not only friends! We have not been apart since that time. We got married fairly quickly because we knew each other so well and we are still happily married.

So, yes, this is not my first marriage and I had a frightful marriage before him. One so bad that I swore I'd never get married because I was conned so. I trusted P., I knew him since before we entertained thoughts of each other in that sort of way. We spent time at each other's house, knew eachother's sisters and brothers, and went to movies, and such together for some time when we were young.

He had a full career with the government that took him all over the world and I have had a full career in art that had me touring all over the world so we did not really "hook up," as we were building our careers. I could be in Canada and he would be in Hong Kong sort of thing, you see?
Later, when we tired of traveling and were winding down, we came accross each other's phone numbers and met in Seattle, the closest place between us. Again, that was it. I know him very, very well but he never bores me. His life had it's excitement as mine has so we talk about our adventures apart when we have the time.
It is a sweet marriage that makes many sick, the sort of marriage you have to go through hell to figure out how to cherish.
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#131160 - 11/13/07 10:01 PM Re: Dancer, clarification.. [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
dancer, I love hearing others speak of their spouses with such love and respect.

#131161 - 11/13/07 11:13 PM Re: Dancer, clarification..
dancer9 Offline

I do have, Dotsie, the strange thing that is a happy marriage. I will say that at this point in my life I would settle for nothing else.
I respect my husband completely and I know he does me.
Again, I find it rare amongst those I know, the happy marriage so it makes having one a bit harder when other's can't relate.
I'm glad you can relate.
dancer

#131162 - 11/14/07 06:14 PM Re: Dancer, clarification.. [Re: dancer9]
Mountain Ash Offline

I look forward to returning to my husband every time I go out without him.
Mountain ash

#131163 - 11/14/07 07:15 PM Re: Dancer, clarification.. [Re: Mountain Ash]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
Dancer, that is so wonderful that you finally got your soul-mate! What a beautiful story. My first husband left me for another woman when our children were young. Her husband called me to see if I was ok and we hit it off so well we ended up falling in love!! We married as soon as we could and we are still crazy about eachother...in fact it gets better all the time. My heart still skips a beat when I hear his car pull into the driveway! He had to go away on business for 3 nights and when he got home I ran down the garden path to meet him...he was running up the path and we literally jumped into eachothers arms in the garden! Good job we don't have neighbours nearby...they would think we were crazy! I love to hear other women so happily married, especially when they've had experience of an unhappy previous relationship. Happy endings are just so wonderful!

#131164 - 11/15/07 12:38 AM Re: Dancer, clarification.. [Re: Countrygirl]
dancer9 Offline

Country Girl, I know what you mean about his driving up and feeling a little jump! We could make other's sick with our happiness you know!
I loved reading about your marriage and I'm happy I'm not alone in how i feel about my husband.
dancer

Edited by dancer9 (11/15/07 12:39 AM)

#131165 - 11/15/07 12:40 AM Re: Dancer, clarification.. [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

Go Mountain Ash!! Awesome.

Look at the name of this thread...
It's a good thing I was not sensitive or sensitive about this subject because I was "called out," on the situation!
I found this to be amazing. I was not sensitive about it but leave it to my friend Orchid to "call me out," about something relating to my personal life when I've only been here a short time!
It makes me smile, do you see what I mean?
dancer, braveheart

#131166 - 11/15/07 01:20 PM Re: Dancer, clarification.. [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Awww, Countrygirl, I loved the visual I got with your post! I can now officially say that I have a happy marriage. I'm working on my trust issues and they've taken such great strides, even just this year. It is not right of me to make someone pay for what someone else did. Just this year I finally feel at home here (I moved into my husband's home that he had had for three years at the time.) It's a second marriage for both of us. And both of us were married for 30 years before. We both were trashed and hurt. All of that gives us a very deep understanding of each other's hurts and malfunctions because of what happened. We do strange but nice little things, too. I run out and start his car for him each morning. I make his lunch and put in little notes or jokes. When he comes home 10 hours later, I have never failed to be at the door or down the path to greet him. I always make sure I look good, lipstick and all! There are so many little routine things that make it all very "ours." I feel warm and secure....how much better can that be?

#131167 - 11/15/07 02:37 PM Re: Dancer, clarification.. [Re: ladyjane]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
Ladyjane, you are lovely! How wonderful for your husband that you do such sweet things for him! I put notes in my husband's lunchbox too...little things like that go a long way to cementing a strong marriage. I'm so thrilled that you both have eachother after being hurt so badly. 30 years married is a long time...you must have been devastated. I was married almost 10 years when my ex-husband left and that was bad enough. Thank goodness the Lord can take a bad situation and make it good again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved