The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#130294 - 11/09/07 03:19 PM Re: Coming close to death and changing afterwards [Re: dancer9]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I can't imagine any of you suffering like you do and all I can say is how sorry I am for you.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#130295 - 11/09/07 04:23 PM Re: Coming close to death and changing afterwards [Re: Dianne]
Mountain Ash Offline

Di how interesting that you feel as you do.Its down to you amygdala.
The amygdala (an almond shaped part of our brain )is involved in computing the emotional significance of events, and recent research indicates it is responsible for the influence of emotion on perception .So Di. not eating alone is a protection that allows you to feel safe.
Some one close had a stroke as he was washing.He felt afraid of the sink and gently had to regain confidence.Another man ate a scone the evening before having appendicitis and 20 years later won't eat a scone.The aversion to things helps us survive.If spoiling our quality of life psycologists can use tactics to help us.
Mountain ash

#130296 - 11/19/07 01:52 PM Re: Coming close to death and changing afterwards [Re: Mountain Ash]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
goodness iv just read all of this and had so manie responces along the way, both of things i could chip in to say and in responces to what a lot of you ladies have gone through and gotten over after some time. i am proud of ya all.

#130297 - 11/19/07 02:00 PM Re: Coming close to death and changing afterwards [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
after a car crash i had and have trouble with car/lorrie lights in winter time. Think it was to do with the fact of a lorrie bearring dowen on my wee snmall car. It missed swasing me flat by inchess, i was in shock and sat their swished up in a car that weels wouldn't turn for a while before some other lorrie stopped and moved the car off the middle of the duel carrige (intersection) as mountain pointed out its that part of the barin that sauying stay away from ths situasions for you owen good. it dose interfear with my driving and even when i am a pedestriane. still i know what my braines doing so some cognitive work, ok ok talking to myself helps. i had PTSD after the crash and some worsening back sholder and hip problems. i take painkillers and just started some more physio, i got fibromyalgia couse of it or some ongoing emotional strain in my life.
anyhow, the other bit of it was i heard voices in my head telling me to slow dowen, i did but wondered ya know the whole hearring voices bit lol, the slowing definatlie saved my life, it could all have been worse. So maybee shock, maybee nerves but the world seemed calmer and stiller imidiatlie afterward. All i could say was well thank god i am alive....i did think god or some forces was talking to me then gave me a big big big hug to keep me calm after it......meridith i so get the bit of being in pain to a high degree weer one wonders if it be better off dead so the pain wonld't be their. I never do that now but i so much get that level of pain. there that my wee bit added.

i still wqalking away from this thread feeling a bit humbler,so thanks ladies. gonna go sort out lucien now.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved