The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#130254 - 10/26/07 01:45 AM Re: Coming close to death and changing afterwards [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
lady Jane, I am amazed. You have come through SO much! You are still coming through it, I see. I could FEEL what you had been through and I felt so bad! I'm so sorry for what has happened to you! You are so, so strong to have come back from that stroke and remind me what a human being can do with their will and belief!
Thank you so, so much for telling your story. I would love to hear more about it. I found it so very compelling and moving!
Again, what can I say? I am amazed at what you have survived and I admire you greatly.
You must have "shaman," status now, certainly!

Thank you so much for sharing. I would, as I said, love to hear any more you might share about your experience. It was so very motivating.

dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#130255 - 10/26/07 01:50 AM Re: Coming close to death and changing afterwards [Re: gims]
dancer9 Offline

I felt that option both times.
dancer9

#130256 - 10/26/07 08:51 AM Re: Coming close to death and changing afterwards [Re: dancer9]
Mountain Ash Offline

ladyJane
how truly moving I am glad Dancer started this thread.
Mountain ash

#130257 - 10/26/07 08:53 AM Re: Coming close to death and changing afterwards [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

Dancer
To complicate matters I cannot take pain killers.I took anaphylaxis from medication.I do use a TENS machine.Hot wax on my hands.I meditate pray and write away some of the pain.
Mountain ash

#130258 - 10/26/07 08:58 AM Re: Coming close to death and changing afterwards [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

I appreciate some of the members of the forum may not be comfortable with this profound topic.
Dancer seems to post topics I find helpful and theraputic.She has gracful manners maybe being a dancer it is in tandem with her skill.
Mountain ash

#130259 - 10/26/07 11:04 AM Re: Coming close to death and changing afterwards [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I'm open to talking more about it all....just ask any questions or anything you'd like me to elaborate on. I was diagnosed with Lupus (SLE) in 1988 and it's felt that was a contributing factor in the stroke because I have a history of blood clots...yuck. The super good news is that I'm also one of the rare people who have had less of the Lupus symptoms as I grow older. All I really have to do is watch my rest, making sure I'm good to myself in that way. So I've been really blessed in the fact that I have less and less of those. I feel better now than I have in years!

#130260 - 10/26/07 01:42 PM Re: Coming close to death and changing afterwards [Re: ladyjane]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Each of you beautiful ladies has been through so much! But I'm sure each of you is now stronger and a better person as a result of the trials you've overcome. God bless each of you!

I faced a difficult situation (health crisis) which only brought me closer and deeper in my relationship with God. It made me search for His purpose in my life. Now I thank God for the way He's been leading me along the way. And I have been able to help others cope and have hope amidst their trials.

Difficulties, in whatever area they might come, tend to change us. In some cases, the turn if for the negative side, but in many cases, the change is a positive one.
Romans 8:28 is a promise I fully believe in!!!
NABBW & NAWW

#130261 - 10/26/07 05:50 PM Re: Coming close to death and changing afterwards [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

Thank you, Mountain Ash, but perhaps I should have realized it could bring up some profoundly painful memories.
I'll have to be more careful in the future.

dancer

#130262 - 10/26/07 05:54 PM Re: Coming close to death and changing afterwards [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

I'm so very sorry for your pain, Mountain Ash.
Please let me know if i can help with regard to
helping with ideas for the pain.
dancer

#130263 - 10/27/07 05:45 AM Re: Coming close to death and changing afterwards [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
When I was 30, I was riding my bike when a truck ran a red light and plowed into me, knocking me and the bike into the air. For a long time after that, I was really angry about the a--hole who ran the light.

When I was 35, my fallopian tube exploded (tubal pregnancy) and I lost 1/3 of my body's blood supply within an hour. I remember seeing myself in the hospital room from above. I saw a turquoise light (further away than a white light? Don't know--) and just knew that I didn't want to go there. I was really angry for a long time about that accident, too. My doctor didn't understand because he said -- we didn't think you would live -- and I was angry about the pain.

When I was 48, I got breast cancer. I was seriously depressed during 11 months of treatment and close to suicidal. At least I wasn't angry.

For whatever it's worth, I think that (for me at least) depression was easier to get over than anger. This, of course, assuming that one doesn't succeed in killing oneself first.

How did it change me? Well, I'm not as angry... And I can "see" a little more than I used to.

And I finally got off my ass and reclaimed the life that I had abandoned.

Poet and essayist

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved