The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#130085 - 11/05/07 12:28 PM Re: Yikes! Did I forget the bottles? [Re: meredithbead]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Can't wait till hannelore gets back and fills us in...so much to tell!

#130086 - 11/06/07 11:41 AM Hola, as they say in Portugal [Re: ladyjane]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
As I’m writing I have that warm fuzzy feeling you get after a beautiful vacation. Everything was perfect; the weather, unbelievable beautiful golf resorts (we played everyday), soft sandy beaches, and little quaint fish restaurants. We were a little disappointed in Lisbon. I expected to see more artsy things, like parks and mosaic works,…but I guess that’s more in Barcelona. It’s not worth taking a trip to Lisbon to see that city alone, but the beaches are some of the nicest I’ve ever seen.

They have the same statue of Christ as in Rio. Interesting is that the two statues are supposed to stare at each others eyes right across the oceon.

Most of all, spending a vacation with our son was full of laughs. I was a little worried about that, because sometimes some of our upbringing views with Anaiya differentiate. But we had little stress about that, and everything was harmonious. (He’s a great golfer, so we learned a lot from him.)

Anaiya, our grandchild, was in seventh heaven, getting so much attention. Sometimes she would say “home” and look a little sad, but we could always distract her from her home-sick blues.

Yesterday at the airport she pulled off a show. We all hyped her up in the car, telling her we will soon be flying an airplane, so by the time we got to the airport, and she could see the planes through the picture windows, she flipped out and screamed “Airplane! Airplane,” while jumping up and down on her little chubby legs.

Then as we headed for the gate, she waved at all the people slumped in the chairs waiting for the flights. She called out good-bye in her high baby voice and blew sloppy wet kisses at them; .. what a diva! She literally left a trail of smiling faces behind her.

On the plane our son, Danny, started to plan for our next vacation together. Pure bliss is a happy family. I’m so grateful for these moments, and would just love to tuck these feelings into a jar to open up for comfort in trying times.

Our garden is buried under leaves, and my emails have piled up. It sure doesn’t take long to get back into the daily routine. It’s good to be back and to chat with you gals again. I know I’ll find time to surf around here later to see what’s up.

Bye for now.
Hannelore

#130087 - 11/08/07 10:14 PM Re: Hola, as they say in Portugal [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Welcome home to BWS Hannelore, so glad you enjoyed your trip.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#130088 - 11/08/07 11:14 PM Re: Hola, as they say in Portugal [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
What a wonderful, well-deserved time for you and your family. Isn't it interesting that a young child can get homesick? I love the fact about the 2 statues staring into each other's eyes. Thanks for doing the traveling and sharing the view.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved