The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#130020 - 10/22/07 01:56 PM Love is Patient... - Are We?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Love is Patient… - Are We?

Just for fun, I thought I’d share a little activity I once learned at a retreat. Most of us are familiar with Corinthians 13: 4-7, but let me include it here for our sake.

Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Sound familiar?

Now what I’d like you to do is replace the word love with God. Then after doing so, replace love with your name.

Have fun and tell us how you feel after doing so.

There’s always something to strive for!

#130021 - 10/22/07 02:15 PM Re: Love is Patient... - Are We?
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Whoops! A rude awakening! Thanks for this!

#130022 - 10/22/07 02:25 PM Re: Love is Patient... - Are We? [Re: Di]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
criiiiinge

#130023 - 10/24/07 01:39 PM On a scale of 1, 2...? [Re: Edelweiss]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Well....
On a scale of 1 to 10, I might reach 7 or 8. All I know is that I try. Remember, though, God is perfect! Humans
goof up a lot. But I give it the ole college try!

#130024 - 10/24/07 04:36 PM Re: On a scale of 1, 2...? [Re: jabber]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Thank YOU, Dotsie. I have said a very very stupid thing recently in the heat of anger..if I could take those words back..eat them up and regurgitate them all over myself. I would. But I can´t. They are out there!!! I have apologized from the depths of my heart..but those words are out there and I was SO STUPID!!!! At work, by the way.

PATIENCE!!!! That is a toughie!!! A real toughie for me. The oldest ent (old trees) in Tolkien´s Story of the Ring (Sagan om Ringen in Swedish..can´t believe I am not sure of the title in English)says.."Don´t be hasty!!" I think it takes them like 24 hours to say a sentence in entish.. I have that old ent in my kitchen and push his button so he can remind me now and again..but I STILL haven´t gotten it.

Thank you, Dotsie, for the power of love!!!

#130025 - 11/07/07 12:36 AM Re: On a scale of 1, 2...? [Re: humlan]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
thanks dotsieits a great verse. i'm glade god can be that i can't be. if that verse containes 8 gifts then i can cradle two in my armes while droping the other ones, if i luckie i get to pick up a diffrent 2 the next day. my butterfingerd example is about the best way i can describe how i do with those virtues.

humlan, know what you mean about the hastilie saying of sillie things that are later regreated....i am a learning. I tell myself that dailie, i gotta with my behaviour the way it is lol

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved