The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 122 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#129903 - 10/22/07 12:41 AM I was away
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
but will be back posting tomorrow.

We spent the weekend at the beach so hubby and oldest son, nephew and his wife could fish in a tournament. I know there are some fisher-women in here. They caught lots of fish, but not one winner. They still had a blast. They fished for 14 hours total on Saturday and Sunday and I chose to spend those hours alone. While they fished, I had a great time doing whatever I wanted.

Now it's back to work in the morning. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

#129904 - 10/22/07 07:09 PM Re: I was away
Lefty_Writer Offline

Loc: Syracuse, NY USA
Hi Dotsie:

What kind of fishing do they do? My SO owns cottages/bait & tackle & gift store in Henderson Harbor, NY (Eastern Lake Ontario). Bass, walleye, trout, perch and salmon fishing are the popular types of fishing there. I would like to invite everyone to check out the business (I help out every weekend during the season) at http://henchenmarina.com (I designed the site and keep up the fishing report blog). And if you're ever in the neighborhood, please come visit!

#129905 - 10/23/07 12:01 PM Re: I was away [Re: Lefty_Writer]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I was away, too, but didn't have the nice time you did, Dotsie. My computer was down and now I have a faster, newer (used) computer and can log into the forums again. Thanks for your help.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#129906 - 10/23/07 04:32 PM Re: I was away [Re: Saundra]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Mary Anne, I visited your SO place and I would love to go there, nestle into one of the cabins in the off season (if there is one) and write. Oh my...talk about heaven!

#129907 - 10/23/07 10:50 PM Re: I was away [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lefty_Writer, does he need any fishing lures? MY son hand made some real beauties and they have been water tested etc. I have about 30 left and they would be perfect for resale.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#129908 - 10/24/07 02:35 PM Re: I was away [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Saundra, glad to see you back. I was so hoping it wasn't our forum software. Glad you are up and running again!

I bought a box of Chatty's lures and gave them to my daughter's beau, who also loves to fish. They were so cool. I'd never seen anything like them before.

Lefty, they mainly caught flounder, but none big enough to win.

#129909 - 10/25/07 08:27 PM Re: I was away
Lefty_Writer Offline

Loc: Syracuse, NY USA
Hi Queenie:

Yes, it's a wonderful little place, non-commercial, nice people, a great place to write (as I have done there!)

Hi Chatty:

Well, we certainly carry lures, but typically name brand ones. That's not to say we wouldn't try out selling hand-made lures--they might work well in the waters around there, and that would make them sell very well. Problem is, we're about to close for the season (we don't stay open for ice fishing--it is VERY desolate there in the winter, shudder!) If your son makes more or has any left next spring, we can talk then.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved