The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#13021 - 06/09/05 09:02 AM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Eagle, we're proud of you! [Big Grin] And remember this for this future: the strength is inside you, to draw on when you need.

#13022 - 06/09/05 06:44 PM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
quote:
Originally posted by Eagle Heart:
So I arrived "fully loaded" and was able to steer my responses to each question in that direction (replacing the self-hatred, guilt and shame of being depressed with compassion and mercy for our wounded selves and seeing depression as a legitimate treatable illness instead of as punishment or proof of our inferiority and unworthiness).

Eagle, I am smiling ear to ear. I am SO happy you were able to have clarity about your message before appearing on the show.

I'm tickled that posting in the forums gave you that clarity. Women often share how the forums are helping them in many different ways. I'm convinced it's the Holy Spirit at work. God wants us to love one another, build each other up...as indeed we are doing in these forums. This is proof that it works. What a blessing. Wouldn't it be awesome if the world was like this?

#13023 - 06/10/05 07:15 AM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Eagle, congratulations on the completion of the interview. Did you tape it? I love to hear that you were guided to a focus. I like Dotsie's response here, too. Way to go! Love and Light, Lynn

#13024 - 06/09/05 10:09 PM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks Meredithbead, Dotsie and Lynn, It was a very good experience, and because of it radiating from having been here earlier in the morning, it was also a warm spiritual experience.

I did tape it, but have only watched it once through. One thing that's been bothering me is that I hardly recognized myself. That sounds wierd, but it's true. I had no idea that that's what I looked like. Hubby thinks it's because I wore coke-bottle glasses all my life and am still not used to not wearing them (I had laser eye surgery two years ago). At first glance at the tape, it looked my mother's face...I never knew I bore such a strong resemblance to her...I guess the thick glasses always hid that from me.

Anyway, I'll have to look at the tape again, but was surprised at how it was if I was looking at a total stranger. I hope it's the glasses thing, and not some deeper "disengagement" issue.

People have been writing to say that they were impressed with my presence and delivery, some sounding quite surprised that I did so well [Smile] So that's been fun to hear too. Anyway, thank you all so very much for your much-needed support and kudos and warm presence in my newest venture out my front door. You definitely helped make it possible for me to do this. I can't imagine being able to do this a few months ago before I found BWS!!!

#13025 - 06/09/05 11:41 PM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
Princess Lenora Offline

Wow, Eagle, that's so interesting about not recognizing yourself. I had such low self-esteem (read no self-esteem) for so long that I never recognized any positive characteristics. When I saw my TV tape, I was thinking that I'd wish I'd known how cute I turned out to be. I recognized myself for the woman I had become. Whereas before, as a child and young adult, I did have that disocciation or disengagment you speak of, where I could not connect the image portrayed with my self. You know why? Because I had no self. The image was an empty shell. Now that I feel fulfilled, I see my self in all the dimensions, and fully connect the image (be it reflection or film or photo) as me. And I like it. Except I feel younger than my 51 years, so I expect a younger image. I think that's because I lost about 20 years of my inner life while my outer flesh kept aging. Yes, I see my mother in my reflection the older I get. I'm glad to hear you are getting good feedback. Way to go! That may be a good point about not being used to seeing yourself without your glasses. You were so many years with them, and only 2 without. Love and Light, Lynn

#13026 - 06/11/05 06:21 PM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Eagle Heart --

I am Sooooo happy for you that the interview went so well. I've been thinking about you and hoping everything would go smoothly.

I dont think Dotsie FULLY realizes how important this forum is for so many of us. I know she's very pleased that she started it -- but it has been a God send for the rest of us [Smile]

I can relate to your reaction of "not knowing yourself" on tv. It can cause a fairly large gasp at times [Eek!]

so what's next for you ?????

#13027 - 06/11/05 09:31 PM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks Lionspaaw, I appreciate your thoughts and hopes!

God-send is right! There isn't enough space on Dotsie's server for me to go into just what this forum has been/done for me. Meeting all you incredible women has been indescribably life-changing for me. You are all sisters whose names are now written on my heart, your worries and cares are mine, and you all are without a doubt the most awesome answer to prayer that I've ever received in my life.

In just a few short months, I've moved from desperately needy, hungry, empty and hopeless to fervantly wanting to help where I can, selflessly prayerful of all my sisters' needs, and full of new and invigorating hope. That's an awesome healing, wrought by awesome, healing women. God sure knew what He was doing when He whispered those sweet words in Dotsie's ear!

[ June 11, 2005, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#13028 - 06/12/05 08:54 PM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
AMEN !!

#13029 - 06/12/05 10:16 PM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
Princess Lenora Offline

Hallelujah!

#13030 - 06/12/05 11:50 PM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thank you. I'm thankful I've had the courage to listen. He's begun whispering something else in my ears this week and I'm shaking in my boots. I'll fill you in when I work through this a little more.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved