The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#12991 - 05/20/05 03:46 AM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
You just keep thinking positively Eagle....! I think it's a great idea to have a visual reminder of your dream. I will NOT be surprised if you get a call from Oprah one of these days.

I'm SO glad you went to the dermatologist and got on medication for the rosacea. My sister has that. I'm betting that your message WAY WAY WAY outshines your cheeks!!!!!

Hugs

#12992 - 05/22/05 04:59 AM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Eagle --

I'm sure you will be BEAUTIFUL for the show [Smile]

Like smile pointed out -- news achors have "problem skin" too so the staff may even have some good ideas for you.

Rosacea seems to be one of those "little known, little talked about, skin problems" that almost everyone knows someone that has it. But with society's thoughts on "its all about beauty" it can be very earth shaking to some people. It's just one of "my little thoughts" but maybe that "lucky phone call" wasn't all about the tv show. Perhaps someone you come in contact with in the near future will benefit from your diagnosis -- maybe a potential suicide will be thwarted -- or a young girl will decide to go to her prom --because you say -- I have rosacea and life goes on [Wink]

GOOD LUCK lady !!! keep us posted

#12993 - 05/22/05 05:14 AM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
We'll all pray for you on June 7. And just look back at the posts. God is listening.
smile

#12994 - 05/22/05 08:51 PM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks again everyone. Smile, we'll have to switch those prayers to June 8...the TV station called and asked me to come June 8th instead of the 7th.

Lionspaaw, thank you for your insights about the rosacea thing possibly being part of the message...it can be very hard on the self-esteem to have a face covered in red itchy blotches. I'm able to cope reasonably well most of the time, but I'm sure there are younger women out there who might have the same problem but not have the life-experience yet to recognize that life isn't a beauty pageant, that there's more to us than our exterior lumps and bumps and battle scars.

What's interesting about the timing of your insight (I only read it a few moments ago) is that I'm in the process of deciding to give up the tetracycline, and just go on the show with my face the way it is. The medication is brutal on my system. I take it first thing in the morning, throw up a few times, then remain nauseated for most of the day. I only start to feel better just in time for the next dose. I think I'd rather be red and blotchy than throwing up all over the stage!

And maybe I can create a way to work that rosacea diagnosis into the discussion as yet another problem to deal with in my on-going struggle with day to day self-esteem issues and depression. If anything we suffer helps another person suffer less, then for me it makes it worth having to cope with.

#12995 - 05/22/05 11:18 PM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
That's a great idea - to just not worry about the rosacea being present for the TV appearance - your willingness to be "up front" about it may inspire someone else in some way. I love your attitude! Your statement about life not being a beauty pageant was quite apt....my attitude towards "all things beautiful" has changed SO MUCH as I've crept towards the "big 60"!

I'll be thinking about you on the 8th and knowing that you will be spectacular - even if you happen to have "overly pink" cheeks in front of the television cameras...you will be AWESOME.

#12996 - 05/23/05 02:43 AM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I agree with Pam - your attitude is GREAT !!

Do you think you're having an allergic reaction to the tetracycline? It would be nice for you if you could find some meds that will clear this up. I'd give my doctor a call and see if he/she can give you something else.

No matter how mature our attitude is -- it's always nice to please ourselves when we look in the mirror ;-)

#12997 - 05/23/05 04:29 AM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
Eagle Heart Offline

Thanks Pam and Lionspaaw. I tried a new approach with the tetracyline today. Since my stomach is already unsettled first thing in the morning, I decided to switch the pill to 11:00, an hour before lunch. And I reduced the dosage to one pill instead of two, just to see what the reaction would be. It wasn't as bad as before, but there's still nausea and now some red itchy bumps appearing in odd places. So I'll have to stop taking it and check with the doctor to see if there's something else out there that's not so strong.

I agree Lionspaaw...as sincere as I am in trying to put things in a positive light, (sigh) it would be nice to, just once, look in the mirror and be pleased with what and who's looking back at me, without having to go delving deep behind the blotchy face and past all the tempting negative self-talk.

#12998 - 05/23/05 04:42 AM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
This may be no help at all, but once I was in a similar position with a zit just before a big party.
A beautician told me to use the old fashioned (non mint type) Preparation H. I got some and put it on repeatedly for a whole day and night. Just rubbed it very gently and by the time of the party, the zit was gone.
Apparently it has something to remove swelling and irritation that really worked. Later I tried it again for some emergency and whatever I bought was not the same oily stuff I used at first and it had some kind of minty stuff in it that only made the zit worse.
If you can find the old fashioned oily stuff it might help.
Just a thought.
smile

#12999 - 05/24/05 03:15 AM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
Eagle Heart Offline

Thanks Smile, I might go find some and keep it handy just in case I need it for June 8th. Surely it will be more pleasant than the tetracyline!

#13000 - 05/24/05 03:37 AM Re: A Lucky Phone Call
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ex President Clinton was plagued by serious Rosecea on his face and nose and used theatrical make-up whenever he had a TV appearance so it can be covered up successfully.... [Cool]

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved