The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#12964 - 04/23/05 07:28 AM staff at my daughter's school
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is a simple thing, but I have to share.

Last night we attended my daughter's school play. It was fantastic! I couldn't help but think of all the effort the teachers put forth to pull this off. Monday, my daughter shared that the teachers were going crazy because no one knew their lines. I can only imagine. Can you imagine motivating and organizing 30 teens to act, talk, dance, at just the right moment? I can't.

I left feeling blessed that these teachers are in my daughter's life. They're making such a difference!

Can you recall a teacher who made a difference in your life?

[ April 22, 2005, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#12965 - 04/23/05 12:13 AM Re: staff at my daughter's school
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sister Mary Jean Regis was my teacher for 8 years of Catholic school. She was wise for her years and she played a mean game of soft ball and volley ball. I went to her with all types of questions and she never faltered in her answers. I loved this young nun as much as my own sisters. She knew how to be there for me and yet keep the correct boundaries. If not for her I would have been a different kind of person today. She showed me that right was better than wrong and that every action has a reaction..

#12966 - 04/23/05 09:13 PM Re: staff at my daughter's school
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I loved my first grade teacher. She was always happy, more like a Mom than a teacher. I hadn't seen her for Years! When I was in the hospital having my first child, she was having her second. A snow storm prevented visitors so she took over coaching me through the blessed event. For a period of time, our girls grew up together and went to school together. They were always friends yet competed for tops in their class. Little did I know that my teacher would be there for me through two very important events in my lifetime.
Hmm...I'll drop her a note card and say "Thank You"

I think it's time to write the story and submit it. If it gets chosen, I'll put it in with the card. If it doesn't...I'll put it in anyway. [Smile]

chick

[ April 23, 2005, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#12967 - 05/07/05 07:21 AM Re: staff at my daughter's school
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Dr. Fred Bailey, my freshman college English Professor, who had the courage to question why I was a pre-med major and not pursuing my writing career.
His mentoring through my college years changed my life as he made words come alive.

#12968 - 05/07/05 03:25 AM Re: staff at my daughter's school
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Dr. Lamb,
He was a graduate teacher to those of us going into Outdoor Education. He mentored us,cared for us and helped us to get through those years. He put me with another student who helped me with astronomy. I know he did this for all his students.
He was a birdwatcher and they can be quite funny. Will stop the car in the middle of the road to see a special bird. We all prayed when we rode with him but learned our birds too.
Maggie

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved