The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#129597 - 10/17/07 07:46 PM Joyce Meyer?
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
I just wondered what you ladies thought about Joyce Meyer? I have a couple of her books which have been very helpful to me and I sometimes watch her online.

I have mixed feelings...sometimes I think "yeah! you're so right Joyce!" and other times I think "Boy! What a big-head!" Also, I've read some fairly sobering reports about her flashy lifestyle, etc.

So...what do you think?

#129598 - 10/21/07 01:25 PM Love her...Re: Joyce Meyer? [Re: Countrygirl]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Countrygirl,
Joyce Meyer has been through the mill of life. Her positive thinking attitude is on par with the late, Norman Vincent Peale. Positive thinking works! It's important! Why should she not enjoy what the Lord has given her? She works hard.
And I believe, she really, really loves people.

#129599 - 10/21/07 01:39 PM Re: Joyce Meyer? [Re: jabber]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
Yes bonnierose, she has been through a LOT. As I said, I have a couple of her books. Please don't think I was putting her down...I am genuinely interested in what people think. She has been accused of an overly indulgent lifestyle and I wondered if that was true or not.

#129600 - 10/22/07 05:53 PM Accusations...? [Re: Countrygirl]
jabber Offline

Countrygirl,
Joel Osteen was recently accused of distorted, Biblical teachings. People get jealous of other people's successes.
If they can't find an area to critize, they invent something. When a person remodels their home 11 times in 14 years, I'd consider that excessive. This example is from another ministry. But Joyce and her family knock themselves out with missions and international work. If they enjoy some of God's blessings, it doesn't seem like that should put a cloud over their efforts: IMO!
Ciao for now

#129601 - 10/25/07 07:45 PM Where R the Christian TV fans...? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Countrygirl,
I'm waiting to hear from other Joel and Joyce fans. Anybody watch Charles Stanley? He's cool. I used to tune in Joyce Meyers everyday; but they changed my cable around and I don't see her as often. I watch Joel Osteen most every Sunday night. He lifts my spirit!!!

#129602 - 10/26/07 11:22 AM Re: Where R the Christian TV fans...? [Re: jabber]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I have to admit that I rarely see good 'ol Charles these days but I've always loved him. He shares everything in an everyday way...things we can use immediately in this life. I always appreciated that. Same with Joyce Meyers.

#129603 - 10/26/07 12:06 PM Re: Where R the Christian TV fans...? [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I think the reason Joyce is picked on is that she makes for good news, (people love her, I like her too!) and because in some society circles of religion, it is considered UNchristian to have wealth. I think that is ridiculous. Who can help the poor in more ways, a rich man or a poor man?

The Bible doesn't say that money is the root of all evil...it says THE LOVE of money.

I think anyone who earns their money should be able to spend that money any way they choose to spend it, as long as they spend it on me....whatttt?

#129604 - 10/29/07 01:22 PM Re: Where R the Christian TV fans...? [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Joyce was just in PA last Friday night. I was invited to see her with a dear friend, but too much was going on to make the trip.

I'll ask my friend her thougths on this because she is the big Joyce fan. She's seen her in person before also.

#129605 - 10/30/07 01:19 PM Sweet Charles...
jabber Offline

Rev. Charles Stanley is a sweet, sweet man. I love listening to his sermons. I even like to read his books.
He reminds me of my dad. And how I loved my dad.

#129606 - 10/31/07 01:10 PM Upbeat sermons...Re: Sweet Charles... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Joyce, Joel and Dr. Stanley generally give upbeat sermons;
you feel better when they're done speaking. I think we've all been in church, when we've come out feeling worse than when we went in. Who needs it? I like preaching that lifts my spirit! These folks' do that!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved