The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#129227 - 10/13/07 11:32 AM 100 calorie pack snacks
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Have you gals discovered these? These are great for snacking...as long as you only eat one pack!

#129228 - 10/14/07 12:31 AM Re: 100 calorie pack snacks
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I worried about those, Dotsie. When I saw them I thought that the company was saying that it was alright to eat some things that are really empty calories so long as you counted how much you ate.
As a dancer who had to eat healthy and stay a certain weight all my life, I know that a taste of some of those foods, esp. the ones loaded with sugar only brings back the craving for more, twofold! If we eat sugar, our bodies react by burning the sugar calories first and then signaling our body that we are hungry after wards! In other words, you may develop a craving for some of those 100 calories packs because our bodies get addicted to sugar.

It is a fact that we do get addicted to sugar. If not eaten in small portions and with protein, we create a cycle in our bodies that cause them to demand more sugar after they have burned the last off!

I am not preaching, so forgive me. I believe in eating what makes us feel good and being thin is not my religon. In fact, I believe that women should love their bodies no matter WHAT the shape of them! Dieting is, for me, a trap that puts us into a regimen that only works if we stay on it ande does not teach us to eat more healthy, but only tells us to eat A, B, and C and when.

I'm sorry to highjack this thread on those snacks. I only wanted to say may peice on them because I know a bit about nutrition and when you study dance, you study food as well.

SO, Carry on with the sugar and fun foods, and I am eating a few M & M's right now, as I've had my protein, actually!

sorry for interupting!

dancer, getting on her soap box.

"Question your privilege"

#129229 - 10/14/07 06:35 AM Re: 100 calorie pack snacks [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well, if you must have something to snack on, they're as good as anything else. But like Dotsie said. Eat just one.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#129230 - 10/14/07 12:41 PM Re: 100 calorie pack snacks [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

dancer, I am addicted to carbs and am trying to back off so eating only 100 calories of them at a time is a step in the right direction for me.

I appreciate your comments. They only make me realize what my problem is and makes me want to continue on this path.

I know there are worse eaters because my husband and daughter are diabetics. We eat healthy foods, but I also snack on occasion, and when I do, it's on carbs. Ugh. Sigh.

#129231 - 10/14/07 01:15 PM Re: 100 calorie pack snacks
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
These small packs were great for traveling. We packed a wide variety of them in our suitcase when we went to Europe and then would stick a couple in our daypack each morning before heading out. There were many travel days when we were on the go from early morning til late at night, and meal breaks weren't always on schedule (on the drive from Budapest to Prague, we left around 7am and didn't get to our lunchstop until 2:30 - and there are not many places to grab even a bag of chips on those roads!). So the little packs were perfect for tiding us over.

(Maya Angelou)

#129232 - 10/16/07 02:56 PM Re: 100 calorie pack snacks [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Eagle, have you written about your most recent trip?

Now I've discovered Peppreidge Farms 100 calorie packs. They have mini Chessmen. I love those cookies!

#129233 - 10/16/07 05:41 PM Re: 100 calorie pack snacks
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dotsie, I did post something under the Travel board (called Bohemian Memories), and included this link to some of the photos from the trip: http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z69/m...nt=69bccb06.pbr

It was a wonderful trip...what delights me is that hubby enjoyed it so much too that he wants to go right back, especially to Vienna.

I bought myself a beautiful tin of chocolates at the Vienna airport. We hadn't tried any while in Vienna, I bought them for the tin itself. But when I got home and tasted one, wished that I had brought a suitcase full of those chocolates home with me! It's one of the few things in the pantry that we don't share when company comes...in fact, we hide it! And we both agree that when this tin of chocolates runs out, we'll have to go back and get more.

Hubby doesn't usually joke like that, but he really does seem to want to go back sooner than later.

(Maya Angelou)

#129234 - 10/16/07 07:36 PM Re: 100 calorie pack snacks [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I bought these snack packs for the hub and of course, he almost ate the entire box at one sitting so now more. Bad is bad and I'd rather snack on something that will fuel my body, not ruin it. Off my soapbox now...backing away...slowly.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#129235 - 10/22/07 05:41 PM Re: 100 calorie pack snacks [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Eagle, the link did't work. I was all excited and dang...

Dianne, you're right. None of it's good for us, but less of it's better...in my case. And I will only eat one pack.

#129236 - 10/23/07 01:24 AM Re: 100 calorie pack snacks
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I ended up in photobucket but it says NO photos found, then they tried to get me to join something, bah, humbug!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved