The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#129132 - 10/11/07 05:35 PM Free Mammograms..then what?
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I have wondered about this. Some states offer them free I imagine to those w/out health insurance.

But then, if they find something...if a woman does not have health insurance, they are at a dead end.

I, for one, do not get a Mammo due to no insurance. Nor do I get a free one. Simply for the reason I stated above.

If God allows me illness, then I'll be ready to go Home.

#129133 - 10/11/07 07:27 PM Re: Free Mammograms..then what? [Re: Di]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Di, I'm sorry you have to feel this way. In this day, there are small but steady breakthroughs in breast cancer treatment and it doesn't have to be a death sentence. Generally, people without insurance can pay a few dollars a month for whatever treatment they receive. I do understand how you've come to feel due to the lack of insurance. It sometimes puts you into a "whatever happens, happens" mode of thinking. I don't know but I can't help but feel that you could get a mammogram if for no other reason than to have peace of mind. I think I'm talking in circles...sorry. I'm a 5 year survivor of invasive breast cancer and I just feel so strongly about this.

#129135 - 10/11/07 07:33 PM Re: Free Mammograms..then what? [Re: ]
Di Offline

No, not a scary diagnosis. A few years ago I had to do another mammo...in a "cone" view, but all was fine.

Yes, I do not want to burden DH with HUGE expenses. He'd have great memories..and I'd be in heaven anyway....less "taxing" place to dwell!!!

I took myself off Premarin for this very reason. I want to do what I feel is best for MY health. If I have to rely on doctors, then it is not a quality of life for ME.

#129137 - 10/12/07 12:18 AM Re: Free Mammograms..then what? [Re: ]
Di Offline

Oh no...not depressed at all! Just questioning the FREE'ness of testing. Do they then offer FREE medical treatment?

#129138 - 10/12/07 12:29 AM Re: Free Mammograms..then what? [Re: Di]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I have a suggestion call the American Cancer Society or check out there web site is it www.americancancersocitey.com or org not sure . Or Google it . They can tell you about free mammograms , but they are out there . Just getting the word out and if you need surgery the American Cancer Society will pay for the operation . I know that for a fact . My friends mother did not have insurance the Cancer Society paid for her surgery .

Hope this has helped .

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved