The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#129062 - 10/09/07 10:55 PM Plants
FitlySpoken Offline

Loc: US
Does anyone like plants? I have loved them since I worked at Frank's Nursery & Crafts. Really before that, but who's counting. Going on over 20 years now. No, Frank's Nursery is not around anymore. But, I am!

Time does fly. But it has all been well worth it. My greatest plant tip ...
don't over water. Plants with wet roots (soggy feet) yellow out, die out, and rot out. Please it causes them to be disease prone & bug prone too. Every so often, I give my plants a bath. Spray the leaves down, soak them up real real good, let them drain real real good ... then leave them be for a week at least. This is usually done best in the spring. Don't forget a good plant food in the spring too; but cut that off as soon as spring has sprung.

With fall coming on now in the Great Lakes State, indoor tropical plants start slowing down in growth & productivity. So slow down in watering to.

Don't forget, plants feel your vibes. Be good to them ... they create a warm & loving atmosphere - bringing a little piece of God's nature into our homes!

Peace
C.L.
www.freewebs.com/awordfitlyspoken

#129063 - 10/09/07 11:23 PM Re: Plants [Re: FitlySpoken]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Great advice! I was very much into over watering plants....now I always feel the soil and overlook them if still moist....have had a much better spell with them if I practice this!

#129064 - 10/10/07 04:48 PM Re: Plants [Re: ladyjane]
Mountain Ash Offline

I love plants and tending my garden.This is a life long love.I also like seeing other peoples plants especially cottage gardens.I agree about overwatering .At present I am cutting back for the winter.Then the elements will break up the soil.Also planting bulbs and thinking about seeds I will sow in early spring.
Mountain ash

#129065 - 10/10/07 08:58 PM Re: Plants [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I love plants and have always dreamed of a day when tending to them, lots and lots of them, would be a daily routine for me...one I could linger at and enjoy. I'm still waiting...sigh.

#129066 - 10/11/07 12:15 AM Re: Plants [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm a plant person! I love my plants and I love all plants! I talk to mine and care of them as if they were my pets! Some people are pet people, dogs or cats, etc, but I'm a plant person! I live in the desert and grow tropicals! I adore plants and being outdoors as well. I feel couped up in a house for too long.

count me in,
dancer9

Edited by dancer9 (10/11/07 12:17 AM)

"Question your privilege"

#129067 - 10/11/07 06:31 AM Re: Plants [Re: dancer9]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Some years ago my brother gave us a small blue hibiscus to plant in our garden. We planted it in a perfect sunny spot. The first year went by and only a couple of leaves sprouted. Then the second year; a leaf or two more. The third year my husband had a talk with this plant, that stood completely bare of any leaves, never mind any flowers. He said I'll give you a week and if you don't start growing and sprouting we'll have to throw you away. Low and behold, the NEXT day the plant was covered with mint green sprouts. Today three years later, it is a huge blooming blue bush. We praise the plant high and low every time it's in full bloom. Isn’t this an amazing story? I kid you not, it’s really true!

#129068 - 10/12/07 10:51 AM Re: Plants [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I sing to my plants and play them music and they thrive and flourish...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#129069 - 10/13/07 11:29 AM Re: Plants [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Count me in too, but I don't sing and talk to my plants, especially house plants. Now the plants in my garden are another story. I occasionally speak to them when I am cutting them and bringing them in. I just brought some in last night for the dining room table. I think it's called beauty berry. It's a beautiful bush with green leaves and purple berries. Anyone else have that bush? They are gorgeous this time of year.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved