The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#129014 - 10/16/07 07:19 PM Re: Pre- Wedding Stress! [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
A mother never says goodbye Hannelore. My mom is 87 and she worries about me even though I am a senior citizen with adult sons raising their own children. Its a vicious circle, a mothers love is ENDLESS and FOREVER...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#129015 - 10/17/07 02:55 PM Re: Pre- Wedding Stress! [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

Well guess this...our local paper has an article today where a husband took his wife's name after marriage.They say it because of her children..to keep them as they were.So this is an echo (although different)there is a photo of a lovely couple.
Mountain ash

#129016 - 10/17/07 06:12 PM Re: Pre- Wedding Stress! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Never say goodbye! He's still your little boy and always will be. HE just belongs to someone else first.

Mountain, what a coincidence.

#129017 - 10/17/07 06:14 PM Re: Pre- Wedding Stress!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Just for fun, I Googled "Taking woman's last name." Hannelore, check it out. There are some articles about it. It might be good to read different perspectives.

#129018 - 10/17/07 06:38 PM Re: Pre- Wedding Stress!
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Ha! Just had a ball reading the comments on men taking on their wives names. Thanks for the tip Dotsie. From what I have read,...men called the men, who dropped their family names; wimps,...and the women called those guys liberated.
Oh well,...maybe a bit of both is true.

#129019 - 10/17/07 11:13 PM Re: Pre- Wedding Stress! [Re: Edelweiss]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
I've been running around like crazy, and no time to post much -- but I'm really really glad this all worked out to keep the communication open in the family. Good for you, Hannelore, no matter how difficult!

#129020 - 10/18/07 03:53 PM Re: Pre- Wedding Stress! [Re: Casey]
Edelweiss Offline

Thanks Casey. Got your news letter. I can see why you are so busy. Good going!

#129021 - 10/18/07 10:13 PM Re: Pre- Wedding Stress! [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Hannelore, glad you got a chance to read them. It always helps to hear another perspective.

#129022 - 10/25/07 09:44 AM Re: Pre- Wedding Stress! [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Tomorrow is wedding day, and all is well at the home front. Whew. Thanks again ladies for helping me push everything back into prospective and recognizing the priority of things, so that Hubby and I can enjoy the day watching our oldest son tie the knot. ( although there is something to that picture above... shhhh that's our secret. )

German weddings are a blast! The entire day is filled with speeches skits and jokes...and usually lasts till 5:00 in the morning!. We're giving the newly weds money for a new bed. I bought three night caps, which Hubby, my Mom and I will wear when we present our gift... ( nice bed linens, with a doll's bed propped on the package). We want to hand it over while singing a "Bed" song...and that as sexy as we can get. We've had so much fun practicing, hope we don't pee in our pants laughing when presenting our little show tomorrow. Although, ... it may bring them good luck!

#129023 - 10/25/07 11:34 AM Re: Pre- Wedding Stress! [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Love the wedding cake pic!!! That's how I took my hubby LOL Hannelore, have a wonderful time....it sounds joyous and happy. Wish we could all be there to hear your song...maybe an online video later ?? Wishing you the best and thankfully things have turned out well. Also, and again, have a great time away afterward....you two deserve it !!!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved