The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#12888 - 12/17/04 03:36 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Girls/Women/Sistahs/Boomers

The house is OURS. The rooms are YOURS. If you want to decorate in jungle, then you shall have it. If you want windows all along one wall, it's yours...if you want a beautiful four-poster bed, it's there!! If you want me to clean up after you, you're dreaming...wake up, cause it ain't gonna happen.

It's OUR haven, our heaven...we can do or have whatever we want. No fusses, no fights, no lack. Did you notice the lovely greenhouse out back? And the English garden? Don't forget to check out the organically-grown veggies too! I don't know who's idea it was to have the commerical ovens put in the kitchen, but isn't that great Chatty? Course, my favorite place is the screened-in back porch where we have our coffee in the mornings and watch the sun rise.

JJ

#12889 - 12/17/04 11:55 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
OK you lost me there. I understand the sipping coffe part but what's sunrise?

#12890 - 12/18/04 12:05 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

It's that big bright orange thing in the sky sweetie...it's put there for people like me who get up with the chickens, and then fall asleep on the couch at 7:30 at night...

JJ

#12891 - 12/18/04 10:58 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Aaahhhh, I remember! When I was mucho younger, I used to dance until that thing came up in the sky and then I'd crash. Can't stay up that late anymore, though, gettin' too old [Razz]

#12892 - 12/18/04 06:26 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Take me there! Sounds heavenly. I'll be in the garden, kitchen, or TUB! MAy I have my own bathroom with a luxurious tub, an endless supply of bubbles, and enough hot water to last a lifetime?

#12893 - 12/18/04 07:39 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
mrsmuzz Offline

Loc: Orange, Texas
JJ,

I am mentally shopping for all the goodies I will have in my room. One thing for sure is a big old canopy bed and huge windows with fluffy window seats. Oh boy, I am just getting started and I may need two rooms!!!

MM

#12894 - 12/18/04 07:56 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Is there a studio for all the artists and crafters here?
Maggie

#12895 - 12/19/04 07:36 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Maggie, you are our own Martha Stewart...can you believe for an instant we'd forget to have a very large crafting room where you teach us all how to make things? I can just see it now...We have the most beautiful Christmas tree in the entire world because WE made all the ornaments, (instructions by Maggie).

Dotsie, I noticed you have one whole window sill in your bathroom filled with different types of bubble baths just for you..the light from the stained glass window dances thru the different colored bubble bath bottles. How cool! You simply must put some roses at the end of that hugh jacuzzi so when you're relaxing in the bubbles, you can smell their delicous scent!

Oh one more thing....don't forget the animal sanctuary out back, k? You know...the place where we house all the ones we rescued or the hundreds of babies that Chatty and Thistle brought home with them. Those two girls! Well, we'll just need to put up some more fences I guess....

p.s. Don't you just LOVE Thursday nights, gathering around in the hugh Florida room, where Sammy and Lenny show off for us and having dessert and coffee? (compliments of Chatty, of course)

Sigh....

JJ

#12896 - 12/19/04 07:45 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hey Dots, we need an update on Ross and your family. I hope all is going well and that Ross has a good doctor looking at his situation. Maybe his requirement for insulin is declining. Could be a miracle in the making--you never know.

And Dots, you may need to go to the whine topic and just whine once in a while I'm sure all of this is stressing you here at Christmas, but you know how this boomer prayer is. It can turn the worst curse into a blessing.
smile

#12897 - 12/19/04 09:01 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh JJ what a wonderful uplifting idea, the Victorian Home for us all. I know right now I am feeling very melincolly and sad but this made my heart sing, I feel so loved here among all of you and so a part of you all as well. I never realized how lonely my life had become. I write, care for the animals and cook for those unable to do it themselves and am alone alot. I have made it my life to uplift and strenghten those downtrodden and weakened and never realized until becoming part of this wonderful Boomer family that I was neglecting someone miserasbly......ME! I feel your arms around me now and will never be lonely again.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved