The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#128879 - 03/23/08 01:24 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: HappyWednesday]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I love dogs, cows, horses and donkeys. I hate spiders and snakes!

#128880 - 03/24/08 06:28 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

And I hate divorce. Nobody wins, no matter who wins.
It's an outrageous loss!

#128881 - 03/24/08 06:58 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: jabber]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Divorce doesn´t have to be about winning..but rather surviving..being able to breathe and live freely in the way that is important and good for you (or so you think)..maybe even being able to give your children the part of you that you think is important and perhaps helpful to give..don´t you think? We are human beings..sadly, in some instances perhaps we grow apart as a couple instead of together?

Yes, I am divorced after 32 yrs of marriage and 5 kids..going into my 8th year of being divorced now. I had to go..for my own sanity..the person I wanted to be and couldn´t in my marriage..sad but true. No, there was no violence or drinking problem or anything..just 2 people that had grown apart..developed in different ways..so perhaps sometimes it is a necessity that can actually give room for personal developement?

#128882 - 03/24/08 09:52 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yes humlan, absolutely yes. Make room for that personal development. Some people become stagnant in marriage and it's so sad to witness.

#128883 - 03/24/08 10:09 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
One of the smartest observations I have ever heard Humlan. You've got the right idea...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#128884 - 03/25/08 01:31 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

You're right! I'm wrong! It's been 29 years since my first husband and I divorced. I guess part of me never got over it! I'm a sap! What can I say?

#128885 - 03/26/08 01:09 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

In hindsight, I like to say that both of us are correct.
I'm saying, "If you lose someone you love, nobody wins." From that context, my statement is a truism. But I understand what you're saying too, humlan.

#128886 - 04/14/08 09:27 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Jabber, you are not a sap! Loss is loss and sometimes we never get over it, it may settle to the bottom of our emotions but is always there. I can smell a smell, or hear a song and begin to cry like a baby for losses of nearly 40 years ago... So I guess I fit into the SAP catagory as well.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#128887 - 04/14/08 09:40 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Count me in as a sap too.

#128888 - 04/14/08 10:23 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I can't believe the way some seemingly totally unconnected "thing" can ripple my thoughts all the way back to Gary, or Mom...poor hubby cannot understand how driving by the most insignificant places can reduce me to a sobbing mess in the car. I might see a sign in the window, or an object on the grass, or something totally unrelated to the end thought...these things will somehow make me think of something else, which then leads me to another thought, then another thought, until finally it leads back to a specific (but unrelated to the original "thing" that triggered me!) memory of Gary - and I just start sobbing. SAP? Count me in big-time!!!

(Maya Angelou)

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved