The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#128806 - 10/13/07 11:11 AM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hi Danita, I love the words chatty and ladyjane have shared.

Have your thoughts and mood settled a bit after this last trip?

#128807 - 10/15/07 04:36 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Danita, I'm here for you too. I know how painful it can be but I also know I came out of it a much stronger and wiser woman. Pain can sure bring about growth and it was something I needed really bad!

ladyjane, your story is so compelling. Do you mind me asking what happened with the husband and other woman?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#128808 - 10/15/07 05:00 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: Dianne]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I'm a wide open book, Dianne...about a year after our divorce was final, he married this other woman (she had been the church secretary, by the way....how classic is that?) They have been married 3 years now and have had a terrible time of it all. He has apologized profusely over and over again to me. My daughter who lives very clsoe to him says he sits at her kitchen table and cries over the fact of what he did to me and our family and says how unhappy and miserable he is. This is a great example of how the grass is rarely greener on the other side....or better put, you reap what you sow. The really hard thing for me to come to terms with now is I just found out that he accepted an invitation from a church and has become their pastor, something he hasn't done since we left our church and something he's always said he could never do again....just found out last week. I am soooo disappointed in him, but I have a new life and must keep on going. I swear I could write a book about all those years....UNreal! It's odd but I was looking for a forum specifically for former pastor's wives when I came across this site...this is what I needed, not the other. For me, it's far more healthier! Although, there are moments when I just want to talk about what happened. Thanks for asking, Dianne!

#128809 - 10/15/07 08:23 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: ladyjane]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I think you SHOULD write a book. I knew a woman whose husband was a minister and he physically abused her. Don't think for one minute any member of their congregation believed this sweet man could do that! It was truly horrible for her but she left and helps other battered women now.

I think it would be a fascinating read. I'd buy it for sure!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#128810 - 10/15/07 08:41 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: Dianne]
ladyjane Offline

That's wonderful news that she helps other battered women now. Sometimes the very best you can do to heal is to give back...wonderful! Unfortunately so many minister's wives just seem to slip off the face of the earth when something horrible happens. It's generally very public and humiliating. I found one and only one forum for such but it was very inactive. I wish there was something out there but maybe it's just too hard for some to get involved. I'd love to write...but would I really want to look back that deeply?

#128811 - 10/16/07 01:15 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: ladyjane]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Danita...you have come so far in a short time! And when I read your list...isn't number 3 the only thing we need to know?

I know you will continue to grow and blossom in your own garden!

#128812 - 10/16/07 03:12 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Ladyjane, maybe you should start a support group for these women. Surely, they need a place to go for validation. I know my sister did when her husband admitted he was gay and not only had a lover but was HIV positive. It helped her to know she wasn't alone.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#128813 - 10/16/07 05:57 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: Dianne]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
OMG ! Has your sisiter written a book yet Dianne?

#128814 - 10/16/07 06:18 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: Edelweiss]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
ladyjane, your story is so similar to mine. My husband was an Elder of our church and he had an affair with (and later married)the Sunday School Superintendant. We lived in a small village at the time and it was so humiliating and such a bad witness to the community.

Our children (on both sides) were very badly affected by it all and only my two (now in late teens) stayed with the Lord. I have thought of writing my story too...but don't know if I really want to go over it all in my mind again, especially since I have managed to forgive and move on (even though my ex-husband said he would never be sorry for what he did).

Do you want to know the really great twist in the tale?

The other woman's husband called me to see if I was ok, and we ended up getting married almost a year before they did!! God works in mysterious ways!

#128815 - 10/16/07 06:50 PM Re: Grieving...the loss of the marriage & family [Re: Countrygirl]
ladyjane Offline

Wow, Countrygirl! Hehehehe....sorry for my giggling but I couldn't help it with your last line! We definitely have something in common. This happened to me beginning in May '01 until my divorce in 6/03. I still think about it....not so destructively as I once did but certain things come to mind. It's a pleasure to get to know you!

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved