The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#128775 - 10/06/07 01:06 AM October is National Dental Hygiene Month.
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
If you haven’t been to the dentist this year, now is the time to begin your oral health regime. Regular check-ups will identify periodontal disease (gum disease) and help you save your teeth and half of your bank account.

Gum disease (periodontal disease) is silent and painless when it begins and affects 75% of the population. That’s 3 out of every 4 people. Are you one of them?

What I know for sure is that it’s all connected.

I want reports!

Saundra
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#128777 - 10/06/07 06:35 PM Re: October is National Dental Hygiene Month. [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
My husband just got a tooth pulled and an artificial tooth inserted. He has always had problems with his throat, and has been constantly clearing it. Since the tooth has been pulled, he hasn't had any more problems. The change was so sudden, that we think his throat problems came from the infected tooth.

#128778 - 10/06/07 11:42 PM Re: October is National Dental Hygiene Month. [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I just spent 12,000 on my teeth! Yes, brush and floss! I neglected them on the road and I did pay for it, let me tell you! I use an electric tooth brush my hygenist recommended and floss everyday. I get my teeth cleaned ever 4 months to stay on top of all the work in my mouth and to keep me presentable to the public when I speak, which I do, to groups.

Yes, I'm one who learned the hard way: Take care of your teeth!
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#128779 - 10/07/07 10:21 AM Re: October is National Dental Hygiene Month. [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was shocked and so informed reading Saundras book. I alway took care of my teeth pretty much but wow, it sure will give you the proper perspective, scare you silly and keep you laughing all at the same time. It is a book that should be in every household, No kidding!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#128780 - 10/08/07 07:57 PM Re: October is National Dental Hygiene Month. [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Thank you for repsonding with your reports ladies. Dancer, I'm with you. I alternate between my dentist and periodontist every 3 months because I'm predisposed to periodontal disease. Thank you, Chatty, for yet another great review.

I'm sorry it took so long for my response, but I haven't been sleeping enough for an adult brain to function properly.

Just so you know more about that heart thingy being connected to oral bacteria, I'm including one of my Free Tips, which you may sign up for from my web site. Okay, it includes part of the review Apex Reviews wrote on my book. I'm shameless!

Heart Disease is Linked to Diseased Gums

You exercise everyday, running at least 40 miles a week. You eat healthily, staying away from fast food. You don't even drink alcohol that often, preferring to enjoy a sip or two on social occasions. Yet, one day you get pains in your chest, you have shortness of breath, and as you're rushed to the hospital your worst fears are confirmed: you just had a heart attack. There's no history of heart problems in your family, and you appear to be in perfect health, so you ask the doctor how this could have happened. The answer stuns you: bacteria in your bloodstream triggered your liver to produce a protein creating fatty deposits that lodged around your heart - and the bacteria came from your diseased gums!

Studies by the American Academy of Periodontology, the National Institute of Health (NIH), and the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research show that people with adult periodontitis may have an increased risk of having a fatal heart attack. They are more likely to be diagnosed with cardiovascular disease caused by bacteria from the mouth increasing clotting problems in the cardiovascular system.

Bacteria can enter the body through failed natural barriers such as unhealthy gum tissue. Periodontal disease may cause oral bacterial components to enter the bloodstream through the mouth and trigger the liver to produce C-reactive protein (CRP).

1. C-reactive protein can create fatty deposits that put you at risk for blood clots; it is a predictor for increased risk for cardiovascular disease.
2. The American Heart Association reports that high levels of C-reactive proteins increase heart attack risks by two to five times.
3. Ask your doctor for a CRP blood test, which is inexpensive ($60) if your insurance doesn’t cover it.
4. See your dental professional at least twice a year for check-ups and
cleanings.

To read my review and interview by Apex Reviews, visit http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=207655645&blogID=299721854.

I promise you that if you begin to lose your teeth, nothing will be more important than the time and money you spend trying to save them.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved