The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#128680 - 10/02/07 08:14 PM Cards for kids?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Do you send mail to your grandchildren? If so, can you find good cards to send them?

I have two kids away at college and have the hardest time finding good cards to send them. I love amiling them stuff and was thinking that one day I may very well be filling a grandchild's mailbox.

What do you send your grandchildren in the mail, even if they live in the same town?

#128681 - 10/03/07 12:10 AM Re: Cards for kids?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I sent my grand -son a remote controlled helicopter just yesterday (all the way to Canada) and grand-daughter,a teenage, shops online and sends me the order. Just tonight she ordered from Urban Decay makeup company.She still gets a package in the mail. The only difference is, she knows whats in it.
Dotsie, the joy of the 'thank you' phone call is well worth it.

#128682 - 10/03/07 11:52 AM Re: Cards for kids? [Re: chickadee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chick, I love the idea of the teens picking out what they want and then getting it in the mail from you. What a great idea.

At Christmas, my kids send me links and then I buy and have it send here to give them Christmas morning. I've never thougth of letting them pick something online occasionally and then sending it to them at school. What a great idea.

I just sent my daughter leggin's from the Gap to wear with her denim mini skirts this time of year. I guess I could have ordered it right off their site and had them send them to her. Great idea.

And yes, she called me yesterday to thank me and was so excited she was coming through the phone. I think I might have to send them to her in grey too.

What is the link for the Urban Decay makeup company? Sounds interesting.

Let me know how the helicopter thank you goes!

#128683 - 10/04/07 11:54 AM Re: Cards for kids?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Cards....cards, did somebody say cards? LOL

Well (ahem), of course, there is "Send Out Cards" (shameless plug here). LOL

This is a great option for someone who WANTS to communicate, but perhaps has obstacles in being consistent (like life, or has problems finding stamps).

Even people who have problems writing because of arthritis (but can type) find these incredibly helpful!

You can add a "GIFT CARD" to any of our cards. So convenient, so cool.

End of shameless plug,

Danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#128684 - 10/05/07 04:20 AM Re: Cards for kids? [Re: Danita]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Dotsie...what I do is make my own cards. Personally, homemade is best. And, I get neat quotes from www.quotegarden.com

I use anything from fabric and lace on cardstock to wallpaper sample books.

Then use your hole punch, put some nice ribbon on the sides of the card, tied w/a bow. Walla....American Greetings ala Dotsie!!

#128685 - 10/05/07 06:21 AM Re: Cards for kids? [Re: Di]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Before April, when the weekly sessions of babysitting began, I used to send postcards and goofy greeting cards to my grandchildren. It is not so much for the graphics in them but for the educational purposes it serves. Because they are compelled by their parents to reply to posts, it encourages the grandchildren to develop their writing, reading skills and etiquette. Correspondence by way of paper and pencil has significantly been replaced by electronic communication amongst the young. Whilst there are benefits and other skills that are developed as a result of it, putting thought to paper is a craft which must not be allowed to expire. Stamps, especially commemorative ones, are also historical and works of art. A few years from now, when my grandchildren grow up, we can always look back at their handwritten notes. Much more enjoyable to reminisce from than font-enhanced computer printed copies.

The UK is on a 48-hour nationwide postal strike from yesterday. The grievances are due mostly to funding cuts and the closure of many postal offices. It has been a long way from the pony express but little did those riders know how much technology would threaten the postal system. In this country where card-giving is still a very much loved tradition, when the postman eventually becomes redundant, he would surely be missed.

Edited by Lola (10/05/07 06:44 AM)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved