The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#12868 - 12/14/04 06:42 AM Prayer for Dotsie and family
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
In her "Medical Miracle" post, Dotsie described a very frightening event. It is so terrifying when someone has a convulsion and there is nothing you can do. Even though Ross was miraculously healed and Dotsie was bravely at his side, it must have terrible for someone who loves him so much.

Let's all join our voices in prayer for Dotsie and the family she loves so dearly. May God watch over them and fill them all with His peace and joy.
smile

#12869 - 12/14/04 07:29 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I agree smiles.

It surely must have been a terrible ordeal. I am joining in prayer for you Dotsie and your precious family.

God bless you all.

#12870 - 12/14/04 03:00 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I agree and I will say a prayer for her and her family . Count me in.

#12871 - 12/14/04 03:29 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Absolutely......I'm there too in prayer. Going through something like that and feeling helpless has to be so frightening.

#12872 - 12/14/04 03:48 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
My prayers are added to the circle of love.

#12873 - 12/15/04 08:08 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How sweet. I'm touched. Thanks so much for the prayers. We're still trying to work out the changes in blood sugar levels. Often a mystery as some of you know firsthand. We appreciate the prayers.

When something this dramatic happens I have a tendency to play it over and over. No fun.
Through prayer and changing negative thoughts to positive ones I'm learning to do less of the what ifs.

Thanks smile for starting this post. [Wink] You're a sweetheart.

#12874 - 12/15/04 08:36 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I pray daily for all my boomer sisters and their family, although I must confess that, at times, I don't remember all the names...

We have such a big family we can count on! What a blessing that is!

Dots- prayers going your way!

#12875 - 12/15/04 08:47 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I keep this vision in my head of a home. A boomer home. It's this big Victorian house (hey, it's my vision, k?) and is filled with so many individual rooms. All the boomers here have rooms at this home and they come and go at will. I fill the home with prayer and love daily, and sometimes, it's Dotsie who's room I concentrate on and pray over, sometimes it's SMILES, then another room is Lynn's...so forth and so on. Each room has a boomer name and that boomer's heart and soul reside there.

I told a friend just today that I wish I would win a lottery so I could ACTUALLY have a home like that for boomers to come to when they needed it, and be loved. But then again, this IS the home, isn't it?

Dotsie, you and Ross, along with your family are in my prayers daily.

Love to you all, JJ

#12876 - 12/14/04 09:11 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Songbird Offline

Beautiful vision, Queen! So sweet!

#12877 - 12/14/04 10:00 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
chickadee Offline

Absolutely Beautiful Vision Queen.
You are so right...It is home...better than any money can buy.

Did you know that you're just down the hall from me [Big Grin] a little to the East.

We know that we are truly Blessed
Our friends are North, South, East and West
Support for all that never ends
Thanks to God...we're Boomer friends

#12878 - 12/14/04 10:04 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh Chick! I love the poem...it should be plastered on the front page! Great! Now...I've been meaning to talk to you about all that snoring...gees Lousie!

JJ

#12879 - 12/14/04 10:13 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
chickadee Offline

Funny...everything takes longer to sink in these days...I gotta read it over and over...Like Who's Louise and then OOOHHHH YEEEAHH the hall!

DUH...DOUBLE DUH... Drool....slurp

I've been up since four [Eek!]
Too much sleep can do that to ya...huh?

#12880 - 12/15/04 12:06 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dotsie, from my family to yours, stay safe and healthy.

JJ, what a wonderful vision you have. I'll always remember that from now on when I log onto the BWS forum.

Chick, great little poem.

#12881 - 12/15/04 01:49 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Great poem - I think Dotsie has just got another slogan for the home page.

JJ I think your mental picture of a house is terrific - my mind is a great wanderer and it will serve me well in remembering everyone. Another image I love is the idea of a blanket of peace just covering everyone...and Dotsie and her family are right in the middle.

#12882 - 12/15/04 03:04 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well I wondered all around this wonderful old Victorian Boomer dream home of yours and alas couldn't find a room for me, sigh! As I wiped my tears heading towards the front door, I turned to have one final sad look and WHALLA, hip-hip-hooray there it was, a sign just on top of the kitchen door, "Chatty's Room." Thanks JJ you didn't forget me after all. The Queens house of love... [Big Grin]

#12883 - 12/15/04 03:49 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Forget you Ms C? Are you kidding me? Who the heck do you think is gonna feed all of us Boomers? hmm? Puleaseeee....

Julie, I love the blanket of peace...what a lovely thought. I'm going to assume you made it, because it is so full of love!

JJ

#12884 - 12/15/04 05:26 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Dotsie - holding you and your family in prayer.

JJ - can my room have a big 4 poster bed with down filled comforters and lots of pillows to prop me up so I can read in bed???? [Smile] [Razz]

#12885 - 12/15/04 03:34 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Dotsie,

As soon as I read your post I began prayers. You and your family havenot been far from my mind.

Please let us know what you learn and of any more episodes.

I am close physically, call if you need or want.
I'm here.

Lynn

#12886 - 12/16/04 08:24 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Dotsie you are in our prayers. Please do keep us informed about Ross.
JJ, usually you make me laugh but this time I am sitting here with tears running down my face.
Loved the Victorian home with all the rooms. Also loved your poem Chickadee.
Maggie

#12887 - 12/17/04 10:02 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dotsie, you and your family are in my prayers.

Jawjaw, I LOVE your vision of the house, even if I'm not usually the Victorian type. Can I decorate my room in Jungle Modern?

#12888 - 12/17/04 03:36 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Girls/Women/Sistahs/Boomers

The house is OURS. The rooms are YOURS. If you want to decorate in jungle, then you shall have it. If you want windows all along one wall, it's yours...if you want a beautiful four-poster bed, it's there!! If you want me to clean up after you, you're dreaming...wake up, cause it ain't gonna happen.

It's OUR haven, our heaven...we can do or have whatever we want. No fusses, no fights, no lack. Did you notice the lovely greenhouse out back? And the English garden? Don't forget to check out the organically-grown veggies too! I don't know who's idea it was to have the commerical ovens put in the kitchen, but isn't that great Chatty? Course, my favorite place is the screened-in back porch where we have our coffee in the mornings and watch the sun rise.

JJ

#12889 - 12/17/04 11:55 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

OK you lost me there. I understand the sipping coffe part but what's sunrise?

#12890 - 12/18/04 12:05 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

It's that big bright orange thing in the sky sweetie...it's put there for people like me who get up with the chickens, and then fall asleep on the couch at 7:30 at night...

JJ

#12891 - 12/18/04 10:58 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Aaahhhh, I remember! When I was mucho younger, I used to dance until that thing came up in the sky and then I'd crash. Can't stay up that late anymore, though, gettin' too old [Razz]

#12892 - 12/18/04 06:26 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Take me there! Sounds heavenly. I'll be in the garden, kitchen, or TUB! MAy I have my own bathroom with a luxurious tub, an endless supply of bubbles, and enough hot water to last a lifetime?

#12893 - 12/18/04 07:39 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
mrsmuzz Offline

Loc: Orange, Texas
JJ,

I am mentally shopping for all the goodies I will have in my room. One thing for sure is a big old canopy bed and huge windows with fluffy window seats. Oh boy, I am just getting started and I may need two rooms!!!

MM

#12894 - 12/18/04 07:56 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Maggie Offline

Is there a studio for all the artists and crafters here?
Maggie

#12895 - 12/19/04 07:36 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Maggie, you are our own Martha Stewart...can you believe for an instant we'd forget to have a very large crafting room where you teach us all how to make things? I can just see it now...We have the most beautiful Christmas tree in the entire world because WE made all the ornaments, (instructions by Maggie).

Dotsie, I noticed you have one whole window sill in your bathroom filled with different types of bubble baths just for you..the light from the stained glass window dances thru the different colored bubble bath bottles. How cool! You simply must put some roses at the end of that hugh jacuzzi so when you're relaxing in the bubbles, you can smell their delicous scent!

Oh one more thing....don't forget the animal sanctuary out back, k? You know...the place where we house all the ones we rescued or the hundreds of babies that Chatty and Thistle brought home with them. Those two girls! Well, we'll just need to put up some more fences I guess....

p.s. Don't you just LOVE Thursday nights, gathering around in the hugh Florida room, where Sammy and Lenny show off for us and having dessert and coffee? (compliments of Chatty, of course)

Sigh....

JJ

#12896 - 12/19/04 07:45 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
smilinize Offline

Hey Dots, we need an update on Ross and your family. I hope all is going well and that Ross has a good doctor looking at his situation. Maybe his requirement for insulin is declining. Could be a miracle in the making--you never know.

And Dots, you may need to go to the whine topic and just whine once in a while I'm sure all of this is stressing you here at Christmas, but you know how this boomer prayer is. It can turn the worst curse into a blessing.
smile

#12897 - 12/19/04 09:01 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh JJ what a wonderful uplifting idea, the Victorian Home for us all. I know right now I am feeling very melincolly and sad but this made my heart sing, I feel so loved here among all of you and so a part of you all as well. I never realized how lonely my life had become. I write, care for the animals and cook for those unable to do it themselves and am alone alot. I have made it my life to uplift and strenghten those downtrodden and weakened and never realized until becoming part of this wonderful Boomer family that I was neglecting someone miserasbly......ME! I feel your arms around me now and will never be lonely again.

#12898 - 12/20/04 03:51 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, can you tell us why you are sad?

I hadn't been here since yesterday morning because we hosted our family Christmas party last night. Today we went to church, straightened, and then I took my youngest Christmas shipping. I thought of all of you and was dying to get back here to see what I was missing. Thanks for being my home away from home. I love you all!

Smile, Ross is doing well. He's trying not to take insulin with dinner. His system is definitely going through some changes. This happens every 4-5 years. God gives me tremendous strength during these times, but I have to say...I could take the disease and throw it out the window.

I concern myself with his low blood sugar levels and my daughter's high levels because she has to control her Diabetes with diet and exercise. Egads...

I still say the lord knew what He was up to when our daughter was diagnosed with Diabetes. You have to remember she is adopted! Of all the diseases He could put in our home...Diabetes is the one we know how to care for. It's a miracle. Don't you think?

Thanks for your concern and PRAYERS! I feel blessed. It's nice to be on the other end of prayers at times.

#12899 - 12/20/04 05:24 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

My room will have vaulted ceilings, miles of shelves and closet space, and a window that looks out upon a fruit tree (just like at home!! [Big Grin] ) It will be huge and there will be all kinds of artwork on the walls. I'll be on the highest floor of the house. We'll have 87 variety of birds in our yard. Also lizards.

#12900 - 12/20/04 05:30 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
Today we went to church, straightened, and then I took my youngest Christmas shipping.

Hey Christmas shipping! Is that where you get to ship your kids off someplace else?? Where do I sign up? [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

#12901 - 12/20/04 05:49 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, I read in another post why you are sad. I prayer for you and your fmaily this morning. Please keep us posted.

Evie, hmm shipping...not there's a thought... [Wink]

#12902 - 12/20/04 06:11 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Maggie Offline

JJ, I love your visuals. Thanks, Martha Stewart Wow!!! You always make us feel warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks so Much!!!
Chatty, yes you are wrapped in love here. Do hope you are feeling somewhat better today.
Maggie

#12903 - 12/20/04 06:51 PM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
smilinize Offline

Dotsie, I can't say I truly know much about caring for a family with diabetes, but I do know how the physical implications of that disease affect every aspect of medical care and it must be equally consuming at home.
I hope you can wrap yourself in the warmth of our concern and rest in knowing that we are in prayer.
And when we're in JJ's boomer mansion, we'll all be reading your best selling book while we munch on Chatty's yum yum goodies.

And Chatty, I hope you find a light in the darkness of your daughter in law's illness. I pray that she too finds peace in knowing God is with her at this time.

smile

#12904 - 12/21/04 01:36 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Our Wendys in the hospital since early this morning and the doctors are doing major testing. Now they say that the best case is its an infected gland and they can drain the poison and she'll be laid up several days OR it could be cancer but shes in for scans and whatever else they can come up with and my son will call me tonight with any news he has once he's seen her. She didn't want me or her older kids to come up there because she's in and out and we couldn't see her anyway, so we just have to wait. Please crank up those prayers ladies. This is one lovely sweet girl that has had all the bad in a life time anyone should have. Thank you for caring....I'm feeling silly today and I think its a self defense mechanism I use when worried sick. HEY! , Wendy just called me, how cool is that? She's had her tests and now has to wait until Thursday for the answers but God love her she sounds in good spirits and is on her way home with her daughter. Once she's feeling better I want her to join us Boomers, she could use you wonderful ladies love and support. [Razz]

#12905 - 12/21/04 01:51 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
Songbird Offline

Chatty: we're still praying and hoping for the best. You are not alone. We love you and care for one another!-We are a family and as such, we are sticking together. God is our Healer, Comforter, and Friend.

#12906 - 12/21/04 02:21 AM Re: Prayer for Dotsie and family
angelsmuse Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Dotsie,
You are in my prayers as are all the rest of the boomers. It is so cool to have this big wonderful house on earth while we wait for our heavenly one.

Keep on Dreaming

Love and God Bless
Chris(angel) [Big Grin]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved