The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#128375 - 09/25/07 01:09 AM 15th Anniversary on 9/26 - wish he was here
char222 Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
On Wednesday it will be our 15th wedding anniversary...Freddie was only physically with me for 11 anniversaries but I still feel connected to him. We had a wonderful 11 years (he died 1 week after we celebrated our 11th anniversary in his hospital room) and I have decided to choose celebrating how blessed we were to find and love each other at midlife (45 and 50). Yes, I still have my moments of tears but I can find my lips smiling when I think of the fun memories more often. I know many others have not even had a week of what I had for those 11 years - romance, hand holding, love, respect, best friends, and best of all laughter....how could I feel anything but blessed!!

I just wanted to share my feelings since it has taken me almost 4 years to get to looking at this enormous hole in my life in a positive light. I don't think its any particular time frame for anyone going thru widowhood but to be able to smile at all the fun memories is great. I know my husband is still with me - in that special place in my heart that no one can ever reach and of course, spiritually.

On our wedding day, my son was walking me down the aisle to "give me away" and half way down the aisle my husband-to-be turned from the alter and proceeded to meet my son and I in the middle of the aisle! He turned to my 19 year old son and said "I just can't wait any longer to make this beautiful woman my wife - so if its OK with you I'll take her from here" We walked at such a fast pace to the alter, I could hardly keep up!! How could I not be grateful for the time I had with this wonderful man....

Thanks for listening...I'm a new member and I have found such comfort here....I just needed to share this tonite.

Blessings to all of you,
Char

#128376 - 09/25/07 08:55 AM Re: 15th Anniversary on 9/26 - wish he was here [Re: char222]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Char222, strange that we have similar names, mine is Charleen and I too am a widow. Once married only 5 years and the second time for 14. I never thought it could happen to me twice. I still feel a strong bond between myself and my first husband everytime I look into my sons face, and my grandsons face as well. The three of them could be triplets. I'm sorry for your loss.

Edited by chatty lady (09/25/07 08:55 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#128377 - 09/25/07 11:11 AM Re: 15th Anniversary on 9/26 - wish he was here [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Char, I, too, am sorry for your deep loss. You just gave a beautiful tribute to your husband for all of us to hear. How wonderful that you now can smile and feel fortunate. Bless you this week.

#128378 - 09/25/07 01:19 PM Re: 15th Anniversary on 9/26 - wish he was here [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm grateful you are now able to think about him and smile recalling the great memories. You are wise to focus on the blessings. I'm sure that's what he'd want his loved one to do.

What a cute visual you gave of the two of you scrambling for the alter.

What will you do this Wednesday? Whatever you choose, I pray you are still feeling blessed by your everlasting bond with him.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved