The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#128149 - 09/19/07 11:52 PM Landing the only "gig" I wanted in my heart!
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I did it! I did it!
I landed the only kind of gig I was interested in doing and I did it easily! I am a preformer and have been all of my life but after becoming a chronic pain patient, my ideas of what I wanted to do in entertainment changed. There was only one gig I wanted to do and it is a lasting gig that I can do for as long as I want.

I have had my heart in getting this gig but could not find a contact to ask if they were interested in me. I found a contact and sent an email, my web site for a resume' and a bit more about my preformances and BOOM, I got it just like that!
I am so excited. All of my life I have been in the public eye but I wanted to do something different in that eye. It is the only thing I had my heart set on despite all the offers of gigs that I've had since I have healed. I have turned down gigs that I would have taken in an instant before, earlier in my career.

But this one seemed like just a dream and I never thought it would be a reality!

I am very happy but must go into rehearsal so work is involved and more than usual because it is so different from what I've done. I don't mind the work because it is my dream gig at this time!

Still I will come here. I don't want to jinx it by talking about it so I won't. But it will put me back in the public eye so I must watch what I write and where I write it.
I will stay here. This site is a good one and Dotsie did a good thing by starting it. I will make time to come here one way or the other as I am back to work.

Thanks for reading my good news! Wish me luck! I haven't asked that of anyone for a performance in years I've been so confident! THIS is a challange, and I welcome it.

dancer9

P.S. Dotsie: You have been very dear about helping me be patient about what I would do next and feeling okay that I did not know yet. I want to thank you for your kind thoughts and attention. I will not forget it.
D.

"Question your privilege"

#128150 - 09/20/07 04:23 AM Re: Landing the only "gig" I wanted in my heart! [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Whatever the specifics may be, I can feel your enthusiasm, and I do wish you good and great luck! PL

#128151 - 09/20/07 08:00 AM Re: Landing the only "gig" I wanted in my heart! [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Congratulations

#128152 - 09/20/07 08:46 AM Re: Landing the only "gig" I wanted in my heart! [Re: Edelweiss]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Good luck dancer, although somehow I don't think you will need it. Your enthusiasm will carry you through any challenge. I'm very, very happy for you, Congratulations!
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#128153 - 09/20/07 06:01 PM Re: Landing the only "gig" I wanted in my heart! [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Sharon E, Hannelore, and Princess Lenore, thank you so much. I'll take all the luck I can get! I love a challenge! Princess Lenore, I'd love to read a book about your grandmother's life, it must be amazing!
dancer9

#128154 - 09/20/07 06:53 PM Re: Landing the only "gig" I wanted in my heart! [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Kudos! Congrats! Wuhoo! How wonderful! I'm so happy for you, dancer9! Makes me want to kick up my heels...but I'm afraid I would hurt myself! LOL!

You go girl!

#128155 - 09/20/07 11:59 PM Re: Landing the only "gig" I wanted in my heart! [Re: jawjaw]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
YEA!!! You go, girl!

#128156 - 09/21/07 12:04 AM Re: Landing the only "gig" I wanted in my heart! [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dancer, maybe someday you can tell us more about your dream. I don't know that many dancers! And thanks for the comment about my Gram. She was a pioneer! Hey, she said her recreation in the early 1900s was dancing, and that she was a "flapper." I'm not sure what that is. I do know that she saved her money all week so she could go to a dance on a Friday night. Thanks for the memory! I visit my mother in AZ often, maybe you and I can meet someday.

#128157 - 09/21/07 12:09 AM Re: Landing the only "gig" I wanted in my heart! [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Thank you Casey and JawJaw! I'm very happy and full of myself, but that will not last when I hit rehearsals and get myself twisted in actually doing my job!
JawJaw, kick up your heels, your hands, your head, or anything you can to music! It's so, so good for you! I believe every woman should find a way to dance somehow, even just for herself, all alone, at home! You can discover so much about yourself in doing it! It also is a fine way to meditate believe it or not! Dance technique requires you to take deep breaths and hold them in your upper lungs to balance for even a second. If you hold a move for more, it's even more advantageous. A dancer does theraputic breathing just by working! It's great for you so let me know what you decide to dance to and how! Your little toe dancing is enough to get a benefit!
dancer9
educated in dance

#128158 - 09/21/07 12:18 AM Re: Landing the only "gig" I wanted in my heart! [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

my dear Princess Lenore! I am so very impressed that your grandmother was a flapper! Flappers were highly "cool," and "hip," in her time and she must have been a woman who had it going on! Most flappers danced the Chareston and wore little sleeveless dresses that were short with black hose. They wore head dresses a lot and high heels. They would bop around the clubs and dance this energetic dance which was pretty freakin' cool for the age in which they lived! The dresses were sequined and the style was very defined, you wore the dress to be a flapper. Most of the women had their hair cut in a harsh bob so it would swing while they kicked up their heels! It was a great time for those who like to dance and personally, it would be my choice as a dancer as far as a time to live and dance! I love the flapper age and everything about it! There was alcohol everywhere and people were happy around the flappers and loved their daring style. Dresses have not been much shorter since except the micro-mini that happened in the 1960's. Flappers had guts!
I'll bet you inherited your grandmother's flapper personality and are very fun to be around. I'd be delighted to meet you and you are correct, there are very few "real," dancers. To become a professional there are to many criteria to meet for most women. I am a lucky woman to have "made it," and MGM called ME when I was 20 years old and offered me a contract. I am a ballet and jazz master who is trained in gymnastics, modern dance and some mime.

You must let me know when you come my way and we will meet and discuss flappers and every little thing that comes to mind!
dancer9

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved