The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#127853 - 09/14/07 12:35 AM Celebrating tonight
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hubby and I walked into town for dinner tonight to celebrate our oldest son's job. Woohoo. He's off our payroll! He graduated college in May, chose to take the summer off, so it's time. Let the good times roll. We will also take him out the night he begins work to celebrate with him, but we thought it was worthy of a dinner out for us because we put him through college.

Now let's see, what else can we celebrate?

What types of events do you and your spouse/family/friends have fun celebrating?

#127854 - 09/14/07 12:43 AM Re: Celebrating tonight
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Where's he working Dotsie ???

#127855 - 09/14/07 05:59 AM Re: Celebrating tonight [Re: lionspaaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
YEHEY!!! An abundance of good wishes for your son, Dotsie.

#127856 - 09/14/07 07:53 AM Re: Celebrating tonight [Re: Lola]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Congratulations on him getting a new job!
Hope all continues to work out well.

#127857 - 09/14/07 08:12 AM Re: Celebrating tonight [Re: diamond50]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
When the children have good jobs and are able to support themselves; Whew, that was my biggest sigh of relief. Wait till the weddings start and the grandchildren start coming! The celebrating never stops Dotsie!

#127858 - 09/14/07 02:17 PM Re: Celebrating tonight [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
He is working for a big energy group in Baltimore as an analyst in the commodities group. Don't ask anything else because I don't quite understand all this. He was a Finance major and I am very ignorant when it comes to that topic. I believe he will also work with project management.

Thanks for all the good cheer. It's fun to share personal things with all of you.

Hannelore, weddings and grandchildren? That will be so cool, but I hope I have time before that next stage, only because the kids aren't ready yet.

Carry on and continue to celebrate your families!

#127859 - 09/15/07 05:00 AM Re: Celebrating tonight
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
We like to celebrate achievements just as much as birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries etc. Big achievements, little achievements... I love them all... New jobs, promotions, student of the week, buying a house, saving for a first car, enrolling in a course or training program, babys first solids, presentation days. Talking about presentation days... I went see my daughter recieve her Certificate IV in Aged Care Nursing and Certificate in Pallative Care last Friday. I was just so proud of her. She is such a hard worker and so deserved her moment in the spotlight. Well done Tracey. We are going to celebrate with a family dinner.
Congratulations to you Dotsie(for putting him through college) and to your son also, that's an awesome achievement for all concerned. Thanks for sharing. Please wish him well for me on his new journey.
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved