The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#127372 - 09/08/07 12:44 PM it's been a rough month
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Hi all --
I haven't been posting much lately -- my mom went into the hospital with heart problems, she came out of that ok but at the same time my brother-in-law in upstate NY was not doing well, and we lost him the last Sunday in August. My husband is the youngest of 7,and the one that passed away was the oldest. We drove up to NY (my husband uses a wheelchair and we wanted our own van for transportation while we were there, so it meant 2 days to get there, and 2 days to get back home) and went to the funeral and spent all of our time with family which helped us to deal with the loss. My BIL was a great guy, everyone loved him, he played in a country/western band that had a large following in the area, plus belonged to several organizations, and I couldn't believe the number of people that turned out for the memorial service. It was amazing to think that he had touched so many lives.
It's still hard to believe he's gone.

#127373 - 09/08/07 06:22 PM Re: it's been a rough month [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Crosstitch Queen, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers for your family. Glad your mom is doing okay.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#127374 - 09/09/07 01:03 PM Re: it's been a rough month [Re: yonuh]
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Ann --

August was a hard month for our family as well so here's a big ((((( HUG ))))) to help you (and your family) get through this.

I can't help but feel a little grief in my heart for all the family members of 9-11 also. Since we know what they are going through -- at least we have this wonderful forum to turn to !!

Carolyn

www.carolyn.shopshurepets.com
www.youravon.com/chorton

#127375 - 09/09/07 01:20 PM Re: it's been a rough month [Re: lionspaaw]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Thanks for the hugs gals. And thanks for reminding me about the anniversary of 9/11. Ashamed to admit that I've been so wrapped up in myself that I hadn't realized it was this week. I needed a kick in the butt to remind me that my problems are nothing compared to what a lot of others go thru. All those families that are remembering their losses this week........it certainly takes my mind off me.

#127376 - 09/09/07 08:58 PM Re: it's been a rough month [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Hugs to you crosstitch!

#127377 - 09/09/07 11:24 PM Re: it's been a rough month [Re: gerrbeck]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
crosstitch, I'm sorry for your loss, but happy that you made the big effort to attend. I'm sure it was helpful to witness how much he was loved. I have yet to lose a sibling or brother/sister-in-law and I must say that it's soemthing I don't look forward to. I can't imagine life without all of them. We're such a family unit. I hope all of you find ways to remember him when you are together.

What do you say? Time for a cruise?

#127378 - 09/09/07 11:29 PM Re: it's been a rough month [Re: gerrbeck]
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Ann -

There ARE alot of people going thru alot this week -- but that doesn't take away from the fact that YOU are going thru a very difficult time too.

Death is the one thing that everyone will experience in their life at one time or another. It's the one thing that we all have in common -- no matter what race, religion or sex -- and each and every one of us will react to it in our own way. No one else has the "market" on the grief and sorrow we experience so please don't feel "guilty" for thinking about yourself

but -- it's a good way to bring yourself out of "that" mood when something reminds you that you're not alone isn't it

so let's just give ((( HUGS ))) to everyone out there in pain tonight

Carolyn

#127379 - 09/10/07 07:06 PM Re: it's been a rough month [Re: lionspaaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Ann,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband at this time. Glad Mom is doing better!

#127380 - 09/10/07 07:13 PM Re: it's been a rough month [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ann, everyone here has expressed my sentiments exactly. Know we're all holding you and your husband very close in prayer!

#127381 - 09/10/07 08:26 PM Re: it's been a rough month [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Ann, just want to express my condolences. It's hard, especially when so many things seem to happen at once. My prayers go out to you and your family.
Hannelore

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved