The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#127316 - 12/29/07 01:13 PM Re: Adult steps who do not visit Dad [Re: Di]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I looked back on a similar thread to this from not long ago...thought I'd add it:
http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/forums/s...art=1&vc=1.

#127317 - 12/29/07 02:35 PM Jealousy, perhaps...? [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I'm going through a living hell with a friend that married a dad of five. I believe her stepchildren don't want their dad thinking more of stepmom than their birth mom.
Just be grateful they don't try to destroy you!!!!

#127318 - 12/30/07 12:06 AM Re: Adult steps who do not visit Dad... [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I made a rule many years ago that if I were to meet a man, my one no-no was he could not have any children, small or grown. Nope, seen to many relationships turn to crap because of the kids from the previoius relatioinship. Not worth the headaches...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#127319 - 12/30/07 12:56 AM Re: Adult steps who do not visit Dad... [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Right, Chatty. My stepson, who is nearly 38, has the same rule. He says that "it's enough to take care of ME, let alone another person AND her kids".

I told him that he has every right to be choosy. But in all honestly, even though "I" have issues with steps, (no former experience and no training in that area whatsoever before hand) they are blessings! I just know that, if DH dies before me, I'm in the past. Which is fine...way too much to deal with. I'd have to move back East w/my family as I could not afford to stay here.

#127320 - 01/03/08 01:58 PM Re: Adult steps who do not visit Dad... [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

I remarried a man that had not been wed before. He had NO kids. Thank God. My friend had never been married before when she married that guy with 5 grown children. And 4 of them had families of their own. But still the grief tht lady has sustained is unbelievable. The woman was successful, self-reliant, and financially stable. Now she has nothing! Chatty has the right idea. Go for guys without kids!

#127321 - 01/04/08 02:25 PM Re: Adult steps who do not visit Dad... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I understand you can't always help the person with whom you fall in love. There are awesome looking guys in the world.
But guard you heart and seek wisdom but all treasure.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved