The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#127248 - 09/05/07 05:07 PM The Little Rascals
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Don't they look like the little rascals? Each one is a different neighbor's grandchild!

While the little ones were enjoying their ice creams, we grandmas, 5 of us, were enjoying our coffee, cake, ice-cream, whip cream, cookies, … you name it. Hey, … we need that sugar energy for those little ones.

Last week we all met at the playground and sat on picnic blankets stuffing our faces with marble cake. After that session, I had to roll off the blanket, past the slide and over to the swings to pull my fat axx up.

Couldn't resist…here's the latest picture of our little angel.

#127249 - 09/05/07 08:02 PM Re: The Little Rascals [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Awww....from one grandma to another....tooooooo cute! Thanks for the great pix!

#127250 - 09/05/07 08:05 PM Re: The Little Rascals [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Anaiya!

You talkin' 'bout being beat, Hannelore? Geesh, I could not stop the grandbaby from drinking the bath water, I had to put him in a bucket!

Cut my granddaughter's hair in time for school next Tuesday and says she loves me more than ice cream.

My beautiful 7 year-old grandson who serves at Sunday Mass. Not allowed to take photos in their village Church but did so nonetheless...covertly from my phone. Which explains why it is so small.

#127251 - 09/06/07 01:51 PM Re: The Little Rascals [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love that photo of the little rascals. How blessed that all of you have your grandchildren around and get to spend time with them. Hannelore, tell us more about your neighbors. What fun to all be able to have so much in common and celebrate together.

Lola, I can't believe you took a photo in church anyway. What a riot. We once ahd a minister who might cut your head off if you took photos in church. That's no longer the case. I don't know what the big deal is. The photo of your grandbaby in the bucket is precious. Ate these the ones you are watching here lately? Was there suppose to be a photo of the haircut?

#127252 - 09/06/07 06:10 PM Re: The Little Rascals
Mountain Ash Offline

Just love the pictures..keep them coming Grandmas.
Mountain ash

#127253 - 09/06/07 06:26 PM Re: The Little Rascals
Lola Offline

Yes, Dotsie. I spend four days a week with them and three in London. I would have taken more photos of my grandson in Church but, my daughter kept nudging me because if we were caught, we'd be mentioned during the homily.

That's actually the "after" photo of the haircut. My first attempt at cutting her hair.

Bath time is always a riot with the little one and the bucket helps control a very slippery baby.

#127254 - 09/06/07 09:08 PM Re: The Little Rascals [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Lola it's a little hard to recognize your granddaughter. Can you lighten the picture and post it again? Bathing the baby in a bucket! That's a calendar picture; so cute! An alter boy already at 7 years old. I forgot that they can serve so young. My youngest son loved being an alter boy, although you would never think now that he was one!

Sorry about Anaiya's picture being so big. I thought I had reduced the size. Maybe I clicked on document reducing instead of website. Hope this doesn't slow anything down. If so, I can cancel the picture out of photobucket.

Dotsie, since we have been taking care of Anaiya I have more contact with the neighbors. It's also because I hardly do any more work, and am out in the yard or going for walks with the little one.

She attracts people like a magnet, honestly. She's like her Mom and Dad, all happy smiles and love. I never realized so many grandmothers lived around us,…and all baby boomers too. We are at the beginning friendship stage, but it looks like we have a lot in common.

Our lives have become richer through our grandchild in more ways than we can count.

#127255 - 09/07/07 01:44 PM Re: The Little Rascals [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Hannelore, so all those neighbors have been right under your nose all along and it took the kids to bring you together. That's so neat.

I can sorta relate becasue we recently watched our great niece and nephew for one night. We basically ran the neighborhood with them while they were pedaling away on their little bikes. We hit the neighborhood playground and spent the whole evening outside. It took me back to when our kids were little. How do you do it? I no longer have that kind of energy.

#127256 - 09/11/07 08:42 AM Re: The Little Rascals
Lola Offline

It took some time to adjust the photo but here she is once again, Hannelore. Three year old granddaughter starts regular Pre-K today. I had sewn in all the ID tags on her uniform last night and I have been weepy since. She's growing up fast!

In her uniform:

#127257 - 09/11/07 02:14 PM Re: The Little Rascals [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Aw, how precious. You must be a tremendous help to your children.

Pre-K at three? Isn't that young?

Where is Hannelore?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved