The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#126951 - 09/04/07 05:29 PM Re: Empty nester too!
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I have done a lot of teaching, Dotsie, and I probably always will teach students here and there. I even had my own dance company for years after teaching young people so long that they developed into their own company. I've taken dance to every level I can think of, even being offered to choreograph my own show on Nickelodeon. I've choreographed childrens plays, (high school and middle school,) so I've been in the teaching world a long time too. I just need that big change...
Thank you, Dotsie, for you thoughts and your help. Please send me more ideas if they come to you. You certainly have shown you can dream the dreams to make happen. I'm good at the make happen part, but have not found that dream for my heart to catch on to.
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#126952 - 09/07/07 01:58 PM Re: Empty nester too! [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
So it sounds like you want to give the dancing thing a rest and go in another direction. Is that right?

#126953 - 09/07/07 05:59 PM Re: Empty nester too!
dancer9 Offline

That's right, Dotsie! I'll always dance, but for a living is getting hard for me and well...a bit boring I guess. I'm ready for a big change. Dancers never stop if they are born dancing, but we retire sometimes from dancing professionally...
I'd like to make another contribution now...
Thanks for your interest,
dancer9

#126954 - 09/08/07 09:06 AM Re: Empty nester too! [Re: dancer9]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hi dancer, I just enjoyed surfing through your blog. The letter "from a friend" just stopped me in my tracks. What a beautiful letter to receive. You must float on cloud 9 every time you read it, and you must be a very special lovely person for someone to write like that to you.
Just wanted to let you know.

#126955 - 09/08/07 11:25 PM Re: Empty nester too! [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

Thank you, Hannelore
dancer9

#126956 - 09/09/07 12:58 PM Re: Empty nester too! [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

dancer, any new ideas about your future?

#126957 - 09/09/07 08:24 PM Re: Empty nester too!
dancer9 Offline

Thanks for asking, Dotsie!
I'm trying to follow my heart and mind here and it has me dancing more! I'm not sure why my body and heart are leading me to dance more since my four surgeries but they are!
I am listening to my body and before this I was dancing only to keep my "chops," teaching here or there, and dancing in the studio now and again to keep my ability there. Now I am acting as I did before I fell ill and I am compelled again to dance, as I have been all my life. My style has changed a bit, or I should say that my style has added ability that I'm sure came from the trauma I experienced.
It it wants to dance, I shall allow my body to do so. I was reviewed in N.Y. as a "world class dancer," and "one of a kind," so if I do keep going I would probably go back to the world of choreography.
I don't know, Dotsie. I do know that my dancing is leading me and the idea to take some classes is there too so I am looking into it.
I never end up in small things so it's sort of exciting since I was sick for four years before this!
Again, I thank you for asking, that is very kind of you. I'll keep hanging in and again, your site is fantastic. I have told a few friends who will join.
dancer9

#126958 - 09/11/07 02:22 PM Re: Empty nester too! [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

What classes are you considering?

And thanks for sending friends our way.

#126959 - 09/11/07 09:16 PM Re: Empty nester too!
dancer9 Offline

I'm thinking of some World History Classes. I'm interested in the subject and I'm educated in Art History already so it will be a good mix. I'm hoping to get these classes in while I continue to dance.
It was hard to finish school the first time with contracts coming through and making me take breaks and then return. I was thinking I might want to make school the priority instead of dance this round.
I can't commit at this time because I'm doing things as they feel good.
I've a book offer that has been there for many years. I think of committing to that often if I can find the right editor for my dsylexic mind... I've come close to finding the right woman now so that may be something I sign on instead. You see? So many opportunities but none that are grabbing me and saying "do this!" I am worried at times that nothing is sticking out as "the thing to do," but I am trying to be patient as many have told me to be. I've been told that it will appear and I'm so ambitious it's hard to wait.
When I see pages from my book after they have been to the editor, I'm excited about it and feel that I'd like to do it.. Maybe when I get the last pages I sent back I will be steamed up about it again!

I did recommend your site to two very intellegent women. Both are intellectuals and that may be strange being as I am a dancer but I tend to befriend those with strong minds. One thanked me by email for the tip and said she had not seen your site. She said she thinks it would be interested. I'm sure the other feels the same way.
It's a good forum, I think with even more women here it would be even better, no?
I'm hoping they have joined or will soon.
dancer9

#126960 - 09/15/07 12:39 PM Re: Empty nester too! [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

dancer, I so appreciate your srpeading the word.

I happen to know an excellent ghost writer if you are interested. Her books have been published by big publishing companies. She's not cheap, but if you get an advance, she gets a percentage, so you don't have to have money up front, at least I don't think so. Email me if you are interested.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved