The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#126499 - 01/20/08 07:11 PM Re: Real Estate Questions??? [Re: Princess Lenora]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
PL, it is humid!!! here. Almost unlivable, at times. I remember when I got off the plane after returning from the panhandle in '72, before there was parking in garages. I stepped out from the building and a wall of humidity took my breath away, literally. The heat is even worse now, with all the concrete around... at least, it seems like it. It might be that I'm just older and can't deal with it, anymore.
The roaches are as big as mice.
The misquitos are so big, they need landing strips.
We have two languages, now.
The crime, although improving, got worse after Katrina's transplants arrived (some decided to stay).
Many other bad aspects.
Would I like to move... YES! but, my babies and grands are here. But, you can bet if they move, I'll follow.

#126500 - 01/25/08 07:12 PM Re: Real Estate Questions??? [Re: gims]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Gimster...I thought you were describing where I live...except you can add to the list of varments...yellow flies, deer flies...there are days one cannot stop out of one's home because they'll be eaten alive or carried off by some winged insect. And the roaches...here they call them 'tree roaches'. I don't care what they call them...they freak me out and I cannot stand them...normally, the come out of nowhere and I end up on the ceiling, screaming for Larry to come kill the thing.

As for the home market here...it's a buyers market, not a sellers market...and the price of homes anymore is outrageous. I would hold off, if possible, on selling until the market becomes stronger and you can get top dollar for your home and afford a car payment comfortably. I, too, didn't have a car payment for about 6 years...oh, brother, when I did, it was frustrating...but, you adjust.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved