The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#126488 - 08/29/07 03:21 PM Re: Real Estate Questions??? [Re: Edelweiss]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Hannelore, that is a very different way of doing business!

#126489 - 09/02/07 07:32 PM Re: Real Estate Questions??? [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yet another test...sorry!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#126490 - 01/17/08 06:45 PM Re: Real Estate Questions??? [Re: chatty lady]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ladies, how's the real estate market in your locality now?

#126491 - 01/18/08 03:04 AM Re: Real Estate Questions??? [Re: ]

Hi Mustang, I like the new picture. As you know my day job is real estate agent in Colorado. Starving real estate agent. The market is not good. It should be because interest rates are at a two year low, and there are plenty of homes on the market. The media hints at recession are frightening to buyers. Foreclosures are causing short sales; the bank will take whatever it can to get a house out of its foreclosure inventory. In Arizona, I hear there are a lot of "walk aways" which means that owners who cannot afford the rising interest rates on the ARM (adjustable rate mortgages)... the owners just leave their homes in the middle of the night. These are middle-class subdivision homes being left vacant. Retirement communities have houses on the market for over a year. Another thing that happened is that when people bought their houses two-five years ago, they figured that within this time frame they would have received promotions, pay increases, etc. Instead, there are lay offs. Yikes! Doom and gloom! I glanced at your original post. I don't know the southeast market (although I do know a good agency in the Carolinas). What are you thinking of doing? Selling, moving on, staying put? Ask a question, I give you an essay! PL

#126492 - 01/19/08 04:21 AM Re: Real Estate Questions??? [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
after decades of going up, up, up, the Socali housing market has screeched to a halt. Not totally, but houses are taking a year to sell where they used to be on market for a month, and prices are remaining steady.

Since I'm neither buying nor selling, I read about this in the newspaper but am not impacted very much.

Poet and essayist

#126493 - 01/19/08 05:47 AM Re: Real Estate Questions??? [Re: meredithbead]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Construction is going as crazy as ever.
There was just a real estate special on TV lately, about the market in the Houston area. It told how people were selling out on the coasts and moving to Houston. The market for the big $$$ houses (custom mansions) is the strongest. Lower end housing, @ $150k and below, is moving slowly. Mansions are being bought up, and the buyers are paying cash... per the reporting.

I wish everyone would go back home. We bought here, going on 15 years ago, because it was rural. Now you can hear the trains and highway noise, and we're a good 2.5 to 3 miles away (drive wise). I hate it. They are whacking down trees, taking away the very reason for living in a country setting... and laying more concrete - lots and lots more. There are shopping strips popping up everywhere ... I say Go Away!!!!! Leave the trees alone!!!!! Go trade dollars elsewhere!!!! You can leave the college and hospitals, though.

#126495 - 01/19/08 08:06 PM Re: Real Estate Questions??? [Re: ]

Anne, that is what we all want: mortgage free, debt free. I would not want to look at what I will pay for this property over time including the interest. As with any investment you have to be in it for the long haul. I have heard that Houston is a popular place, Gims.

#126496 - 01/19/08 08:35 PM Re: Real Estate Questions??? [Re: Princess Lenora]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Too popular, in my opinion... lol, even tho it's not the most popular Texas spot (either, Austin or Dallas-Ft. Worth would probably grab that title). I think it's just a good area in which to invest... that's the real draw, I'm thinking... that, and the fact that we have a developing and diversified economy - we're not all about oil, any more. We have major medical complexes, the port, tech sectors, manufacturing companies (all around the city), major financial institutions, great colleges and universities (Rice, Baylor, St. Thomas, etc.), big name companies - HP, which bought out Compaq, for one,... the list goes on. We don't have the bubbling house prices, either. You can get a 5k sqft home for what you'd pay for a 900-1200 sqft home in southern Cali - customized, to boot.

#126497 - 01/19/08 09:17 PM Re: Real Estate Questions??? [Re: gims]

OK Gims, you sold me on the place. It sounds like a good area not only to invest in home but also for me to sell real estate! I love what I do as a Realtor I just wish there was a hopping market here in CO. The only thing about TX? I am weather sensitive: it's either too hot or too cold or too wet or too sunny or in the case of TX, too humid. We lived in Dallas for 6 months, the land of big hair and long nails, booth tans, and tornadoes! I hope you love where you live!

#126498 - 01/20/08 07:02 PM Re: Real Estate Questions??? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
The market in Baltimore is extremely S L O W right now. Realtors and builders are hurting. Let's just hope they saved from all they made on the market for the past several years. The market was on fire with people bidding above the selling price, but that has changed drastically.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved