The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#126418 - 11/23/07 08:29 PM Re: Needing some help, please [Re: Anno]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Oh, Lola, you and I must have been posting at the same time. Thank you for your kind words. If I would ask for prayers for anything, I would ask you all to pray that this application process is much easier than it has been for others I have heard about.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#126419 - 11/23/07 11:19 PM Re: Needing some help, please [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
I know we chatted bout this privatlie, i reallie din't know you had posted about it this way , you may have wondered why i was asking questions that are answered heer, i promise i wasen't being a pest.

i just read this postall the way through, sorrie so much been going on for you, both of you. It is bad enough when one has to work out the practicalities of disabilities, the emotions (for you and D) then theirs the financial stuff all valid all worriesom. The financial stuff is hard work getting the papers in order by the sounds of it and the worrie of that alone makes living a day much harder.

You have a lot to fight for but i know your up for the fight. I reallie do hope your applicasion go's through first time, then thats something done, dusted and out the way. I can certinlie "pray" that for you.

I hope the counslling is doing good in any way it can, even finding some peace and gentile thoughts in this difficult time. You reallie are a sweethart anno and i hope you get the best of all that can come your way.

Its was good to hear that the meal out may have been difficult but that it happend and it was succesfull, familie get toghers can be so important. I glade you had another oppertunitie for some good memories eventhough their may have been a bit of sadness their at the same time. Whishing you manie more oppeertunites for happie memories and good times.

Personalie, i reallie appriate your kind encouraging words to me, more so in the midst of your owen troubles.

lots of love and huggs, anno xx

#126420 - 11/24/07 01:10 AM Re: Needing some help, please [Re: celtic_flame]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Anno,
I finally had a chance to read this whole thread. I wanted to tell you how much I admire you. I admire you and your husband.

I had a time there when I brushed death where I needed just about everything done for me. I had broken my neck, you see, among other things.

My husband and I are still in our 40's and we found ourselvesw in offices with people well into their 60's at times. We saw a lot of couples and how they treated each other.

My primary doctor's specialty is Geriatrics! My body is that beat up from dance and injury.

Anyway, you are showing yourself to be so loving and so committed and I know there are couples I saw that treated one another like trash, showing no respect to one another when one was wheel chair bound, or had an illness like Parkinsons. We could not believe what we were seeing in some of the abuses we watched!

You are a stellor woman. I know what it takes to be a caretaker for a loved one first hand. I also have a sister in law with MS whose husband is very abusive.

Hooray for you. No one knows what they will do until they face something like you and he are facing. YOU are, again, wonderful and an example for so many people.

Thank you, it heartens me more than you know to hear about you and he and how you are handling this hard time.
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#126421 - 11/24/07 03:39 PM Re: Needing some help, please [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anno, whether you know it or not, you are setting such a fine example for the rest of us because we do not know what is to come. Should any type of caregiving come into our lives, I'm sure we will all remember your love and strength for Dennis.

I've already begun praying for this disability paper work and outcome. May the case workers who read your application see the truth and beauty that lies behind it and grant you whatever you need to continue on this loving path of caregiving!

Three cheers for Anno and Dennis, who sounds delightful.

#126422 - 11/24/07 05:15 PM Re: Needing some help, please
Mountain Ash Offline

Anno
without going into detail know that I too am a caregiver and feel that this is willingly my role.I do believe we are not goven more than we can cope with.In return for my caring I am given love...the hugs I give and get back allow us to understand love endures.
I feel heartbroken for anyone who is coping alone without a loving caregiver...
Sending blessings your way.
Mountain ash

#126423 - 11/24/07 05:38 PM Re: Needing some help, please [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Your words stir memories for me and they are bittersweet. You have no idea how much I admire you for your devotion to Dennis. Somehow I know that if the tables were turned, Dennis would be giving you the same care.

Please know that although this isn't your intention, you are not only setting an example for the women on this board who may not have faced the "caregiving" challenges, but you are showing the "lurkers" and anyone stopping by here to read, that love can guide you through it all and sustain you. That doesn't mean its easy, not by any stretch of the imagination, but it IS what drives you.

And believe it or not people, the caregiving has its rewards. There were days that Daddy was seemed so "there" and I thought he was aware of what was going on; but of course he didn't. But he would say something like, "You know doll, I just don't know what I'd do without you, your Mamma, and the sisters. Do you know how much I love you all?"

Anne, please also know that each of us are praying for the paperwork to go through without a hitch and that you get the help you so very richly deserve.

#126424 - 11/24/07 07:13 PM Re: Needing some help, please [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Ladies, you are all so kind and generous.

And I know that many of you are caregivers and you cannot believe how much it helps knowing I am not alone. Like Mountain, if you are in a caregiving role, I hope that each of you can find the joy in that role and see yourself as more than just a caregiver.

Anyhoo - almost done with the application. 2 months worth of gathering paperwork, 2 hours of reviewing the application on Thanksgiving, 4 hours of input on Friday, 3 hours of input today, and tommorow we will tackle the last section. And we haven't even had one cross word!

Tonight Dennis is taking me out to eat at one of my favorite Italian resturants to "pay" me for all of my research and word processing time. Yum Yum!

#126425 - 11/24/07 11:51 PM Re: Needing some help, please [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
D a sweethart hope it goes well and you get your just deserts, yes that is a joke lol

#126426 - 11/25/07 07:15 AM Re: Needing some help, please [Re: celtic_flame]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Add me to the prayer warriors.
I can only say WOW, and I'm so glad to have met you through this forum. You are an inspiration.

#126427 - 11/25/07 04:13 PM Re: Needing some help, please [Re: gims]
Anno Offline

You gals have got me blushing.

Believe me, I am showing myself off in my best light here. I am feeling strong this particular week. Sometimes I just want to crawl into a fetal position and cry the day away.

Gimster, I love your new icon.

Thank you again, one and all. Each of you, in your own distinct way, help me to keep moving forward. YOU are each my own inspiration.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved