The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#12599 - 01/24/03 04:16 PM nillawafer, how about an update?
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Just wondering how things are going with your son? Would love to hear an update.

#12600 - 01/24/03 10:48 PM Re: nillawafer, how about an update?
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
thanks for asking. he works a few hours a day about four or five days a week. he used to be a general manager of a pizza restaurant. he has not re-assumed those duties..yet. we are not sure when or if he ever will. he is making pizzas, answering phones and things like that right now. he gets overwhelmed very easily at work. that bothers him greatly because he really notices his brain injury when that happens. he is having huge depression issues. he is going to the psychiatrist on the 3rd of february. he still sees the neurologist, psychotherapist, cognitive therapist, and neuro-opthamologist. he will not drive for who knows how long. he is not even getting into the driver's seat of a car. he won't even sit in the back seat drivers side of a car. he has a different aspect to his personality now that we learned may always be there. it is not a good one. it is that he is very confrontational since his injury. he is the first one to confront anyone about anything that is bothersome to him. it does not matter if it is him against one guy or him against ten guys. it is scary to be alone with him in public sometimes and i hate admitting that...but it is true. the doctors tell us that their is medication that can help that. he had one of his doctor's explain to him this past week that as a result of his injury that what it takes you or me five minutes to learn will now take him probably fifteen minutes to learn pretty much for the rest of his life. he is only 21 and this is devastating news to him. (and us) Taking three times as long to lay memory track from the time you are 21 for the rest of your life sucks... he is sick of hearing how lucky he is... we all are. please continue to pray for us. things are better than we thought they would be three months ago but maybe not as good as we TRULY hoped...

#12601 - 01/24/03 11:18 PM Re: nillawafer, how about an update?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read in another forum that you pray all the time. You are very blessed because I can't imagine what it would be like for someone to go through what you and your family are going through if they didn't have faith. I am so sorry that you all have to suffer this way. I continue to keep you in my prayers!

I remember how pshyched I was to learn about your son's memory coming back. Praying that there is another surprise for you around the corner!

#12602 - 01/24/03 11:44 PM Re: nillawafer, how about an update?
gardenbloomer Offline

Loc: Madison, Wi
Dear Nillwafer,
I will continue to pray for your son, you, your whole family. I remember a friend telling me to pray for her son and don't stop praying.

#12603 - 01/27/03 05:14 PM Re: nillawafer, how about an update?
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Nillawafer, thanks for letting us share in your life and I will continue to pray for your son and for you. "Lucky"? one of those damned platitudes that people use when they don't know what to say.
It must be so terribly difficult for you to deal with the bucketful of emotions....anger, pain, grief, even embarrassment and fear. Please be gentle with yourself and know that all that you feel is valid and don't feel badly about it. You've been through a great deal and I think you've handled it amazingly well! Hugs from Maryland!!!!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved